ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:19 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Posted this in the Draft forum. A contrarian take on Mahomes. Don't shoot the messenger.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/
Welp, good thing I'm not a "Mahomes or bust" individual.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:10 PM 04-02-2017
Kizer.
[Reply]
rico 08:36 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Kizer.
Yup... Kizer or Webb and I'm pumped.
[Reply]
rico 08:39 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i still think that's a reach. but if i had to choose between watson and trubisky, i'd pick mitch myself. :-)
His mother would prefer it if you referred to him as "Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:45 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
His mother would prefer it if you referred to him as "Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :-)
i'd call him dad if he fell to the chiefs and he panned out :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:13 PM 04-02-2017
Such a tough evaluation on qb's this year. I've been up and down on all of them. If I had my drothers, I would hope KC lands either Kizer or Watson.

Kizer: the more film I watched, the more I felt he could translate to the NFL the best. He makes reads, has plenty of arm strength, is accurate enough and has mobility and some pocket awareness. He can tend to stare down receivers and over-rotate on throws, but I love how he stands-in the pocket and is willing to deliver the mail. Bright kid by all accounts. Just 21 too.

Watson: The velocity measurement concerns me, and his accuracy last season was not good. What cannot be denied is his ability to make plays in the clutch and get the job done. Well respected in the coaching circles, Watson has all the intagibles you want to be a face of the franchise type player. A weapon to be accounted for in the run game, and with much toughness, it is hard not to root for the young man. He tends to have a few WTF? moments each game with decisions/throws, but he is resilient. Given his style of play, he may be the best system fit for a Reid coached offense.

For me?
1. Kizer
2. Watson

C'mon Dorsey - go get us what this franchise has needed for so long....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:41 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Posted this in the Draft forum. A contrarian take on Mahomes. Don't shoot the messenger.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/
Fahey makes some solid points, but he also doesn't give Mahomes near enough credit for his strengths. He basically makes it sound like the only thing Mahomes has proven capable of is throwing the ball really far. That's just not true.

Mahomes' accuracy is actually pretty damn solid, IMO. Of course you're going to miss a few throws when you are chucking it 70+ times a game. Anyone would. When looking at the film, his inaccuracy at times is mostly tied to decision making. Easier said than done, but if you can reel in the decision making, you can probably help to erase a lot of the erratic throws.

Just my two cents. I still like him a lot for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
O.city 05:45 PM 04-03-2017
Fahey had Vernon Adams as the #1 QB in the draft a year or two ago. I'm not really sure about his QB eval skills.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:48 PM 04-03-2017
Well Vernon Adams is a bonafide stud.

Who is Vernon Adams?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:49 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fahey had Vernon Adams as the #1 QB in the draft a year or two ago. I'm not really sure about his QB eval skills.
Yikes
[Reply]
O.city 05:53 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Well Vernon Adams is a bonafide stud.

Who is Vernon Adams?
He was the Oregon QB that went undrafted and now is in Canada.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:56 PM 04-03-2017
I heard a great analogy for these QBs this morning.

The thinking was that with most of the QBs such as Trubisky or Watson, you were probably sure to have a B+ to C- level QB. With Mahomes, you're looking at probably an A or an F. It's the ultimate gamble. Go big or go home.

Most times, I wouldn't advocate such a pick in the first round. But if you are the Chiefs right now, with a nearly filled roster that could play today if they had to, why wouldn't you roll the dice? They know they need a QBOTF and they know that Mahomes wouldn't have to play for 1-2 years. It's the perfect storm for both the organization and player IMO.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:01 PM 04-03-2017
Pick the QB in R1, make ILB, CB, RB, OLB priorities after that, and then go BPA.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:01 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I heard a great analogy for these QBs this morning.

The thinking was that with most of the QBs such as Trubisky or Watson, you were probably sure to have a B+ to C- level QB. With Mahomes, you're looking at probably an A or an F. It's the ultimate gamble. Go big or go home.

Most times, I wouldn't advocate such a pick in the first round. But if you are the Chiefs right now, with a nearly filled roster that could play today if they had to, why wouldn't you roll the dice? They know they need a QBOTF and they know that Mahomes wouldn't have to play for 1-2 years. It's the perfect storm for both the organization and player IMO.
Too risky! We need OL
[Reply]
thabear04 07:34 PM 04-03-2017
Someone post up a link of Mahomes throwing it for 80 yards at his pro day.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up