ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 348 of 361
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 08:38 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sold the fun car and bought a dad car.

I'm getting old and even more practical. Only thing I don't want is the dad bod.

I love that 'Vette, hometeam.
You can have a sick dad car my dude.

My dad car is my single cab truck posted earlier in the thread, it turns heads at every corner, people honking and shit, every drive through i have employees or people pulling up next to me saying sweet ride etc.

Same thing with my RS, was a dad car. Shit, there are lots of good, sick af dad cars out there!
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:11 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
You are up my alley!

Actually, that would be a fun car to own. I have some fun memories in those VWs.
Yeah it's a lot of fun. All original with 77K original miles and complete interior. here we are tailgating...
Attached: Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.10.40 AM.jpg (79.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 10:09 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
You can have a sick dad car my dude.

My dad car is my single cab truck posted earlier in the thread, it turns heads at every corner, people honking and shit, every drive through i have employees or people pulling up next to me saying sweet ride etc.

Same thing with my RS, was a dad car. Shit, there are lots of good, sick af dad cars out there!
I’m too practical now.

I sold the Mustang and bought a new Mazda 3 hatchback. I wouldn’t call it sick but it’s very comfy to drive.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:20 PM 11-23-2021
Been a while.. a couple months maybe, but I did some things. Starting with a rescued a corvette from a barn where it had sat for 4+ years and did a ton of work to make it right.

Starting out I was able to pull it onto the trailer but it ran like complete dogshit, multiple cylinders down, on flat tires, a 20 and 22 inch combo LOL

Ill try and say all the shit I did to get it running right, without a ton of explanation;
Fixed 6 injector harness wires, fixed coolant temp sensor broken off in block, fixed broken MAF plug, new injectors, new rockers, new lifters, new lifter trays, tune. Also did wheels and tires to replace the junk that was on there, and then eventually ANOTHER set of wheels and tires (i have a problem
:-) )

That POS covered in an inch of dust that didn't run turned into this.

and then that other set of wheels and tires

So this got me into a lot of vette research, internet browsing, slobbering, and wishing...

so much that last night i brought this home.

And holeeeeee shit this thing is a monster!! of course its the big boy ls 7 7liter, but this thing has an awesome set of worked over Frankenstein heads, big cam, full intake exhaust full bolt on+heads car, well over 550 whp NA mated to an RPM stage 6 tr6060 and man it is nice! These z06s tend to be well taken care of collector type cars, and this one is a mix of that plus a nice set of mods to really bring out the beast.

I have had a lot of fast cars. Fast NA cars, big motor cars, fast turbo imports, fast trucks, fast turbo v8 etc. and this car has to be not only the fastest or at least even with my turbo Trans Am but definitely the most violent. It is just fuckin scary.

Current garage (truck and focus RS parked outside)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:31 PM 11-23-2021
Been a while.. a couple months maybe, but I did some things. Starting with a rescued a corvette from a barn where it had sat for 4+ years and did a ton of work to make it right.

Starting out I was able to pull it onto the trailer but it ran like complete dogshit, multiple cylinders down, on flat tires, a 20 and 22 inch combo LOL

Ill try and say all the shit I did to get it running right, without a ton of explanation;
Fixed 6 injector harness wires, fixed coolant temp sensor broken off in block, fixed broken MAF plug, new injectors, new rockers, new lifters, new lifter trays, tune. Also did wheels and tires to replace the junk that was on there, and then eventually ANOTHER set of wheels and tires (i have a problem
:-) )

That POS covered in an inch of dust that didn't run turned into this.

and then that other set of wheels and tires

So this got me into a lot of vette research, internet browsing, slobbering, and wishing...

so much that last night i brought this home.

And holeeeeee shit this thing is a monster!! of course its the big boy ls 7 7liter, but this thing has an awesome set of worked over Frankenstein heads, big cam, full intake exhaust full bolt on+heads car, well over 550 whp NA mated to an RPM stage 6 tr6060 and man it is nice! These z06s tend to be well taken care of collector type cars, and this one is a mix of that plus a nice set of mods to really bring out the beast.

I have had a lot of fast cars. Fast NA cars, big motor cars, fast turbo imports, fast trucks, fast turbo v8 etc. and this car has to be not only the fastest or at least even with my turbo Trans Am but definitely the most violent. It is just ****in scary.

Current garage (truck and focus RS parked outside)

going to be a really nice ride when you get her finished.
:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 10:41 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
going to be a really nice ride when you get her finished.
:-)
vette #1 is for sale. Not going to keep both, that z06 is too fuckin badass~

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 PM 11-23-2021
So you went from 0 Corvettes to 2?

That’s …aggressive. You made #1 an entirely different car. Nice work.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:01 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So you went from 0 Corvettes to 2?

That’s …aggressive. You made #1 an entirely different car. Nice work.
Lol yea I guess so. Ill end up with just the one.

For me I'm like OK, I bought this narrow body car for cheap cause it was fucked up, I dumped about 3500 bucks in it to get it to where it is. To make into what I truly want, stroker motor, built trans, fix torque tube, make widebody, wrap, ANOTHER set of wheels for widebody, make other shit nice etc. I figure I would be in the car for double, so around 30k total.

Or, I figure I can cough up a couple more bucks and get a superior car in the z06, done, ready to rock with no BS part backorders, surprises, or shenanigans. And the z06 is a car that is going to hold its value better I just kind of.. skipped to the end.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 11-23-2021
Lol yea I guess so. Ill end up with just the one.

For me I'm like OK, I bought this narrow body car for cheap cause it was fucked up, I dumped about 3500 bucks in it to get it to where it is. To make into what I truly want, stroker motor, built trans, fix torque tube, make widebody, wrap, ANOTHER set of wheels for widebody, make other shit nice etc. I figure I would be in the car for double, so around 30k total.

Or, I figure I can cough up a couple more bucks and get a superior car in the z06, done, ready to rock with no BS part backorders, surprises, or shenanigans. And the z06 is a car that is going to hold its value better I just kind of.. skipped to the end.
Well you’re going to net a mountain of cash from #1 so I totally get it. Well done.

I’m just going to sit in the corner and be super jealous.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:32 AM 11-24-2021
Picking up a two inch cowl hood for my Elco tmrw.

Replacing my dash with another stock dash with a tach, instead of a clock.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:05 PM 12-09-2021

Just saw today my car got voted to be the cover pic for Chevy Nova Nation FB Page.

Thats pretty cool considering there are 47K+ members.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:28 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Just saw today my car got voted to be the cover pic for Chevy Nova Nation FB Page.

I feel like i like your car more and more every time you post it, no bullshit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 AM 12-10-2021
Awesome man.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:03 AM 12-10-2021
Have an Infiniti Q50 now, think I’m upgrading to a 400 HP Red Sport.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:22 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

I fucking love your car man. It's so awesome.

I can't recall if you've restored the inside too?
[Reply]
Page 348 of 361
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358 > Last »
Up