ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 287
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:34 PM 03-19-2020
Big Time Adolescence was really good on Hulu.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:31 AM 03-26-2020

I never read any mention of "A Simple Favor", I remember when I saw commercials I thought that might be good. I watched on EPIX and it's worth seeing even if just for the two leading ladies, Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.

I gave it a 7 out of 10, it's reminded of Knives Out, in the fact that I was ready for it to end way before it ended. It seemed to keep going on and on with too many twists. I gave it a 7 because the overall premise is good, the acting is good, the sets and outfits are good, and if it have been shortened about 20 minutes it would of worked better. Just like Knives Out, there is about 7 twists in the last hour. The first hour is the setup and it really good, sort of like American Beauty setup. Then comes all the twists and turns, maybe if they had eliminated about 3 of them and 20 minutes screen time it would of been a 8 or 9.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:52 AM 03-26-2020
I watched X Men: Dark Phoenix on HBO.

So did Jean Grey have the Phoenix force at the end of X Men: Apocalypse or did she only get it at the beginning of Dark Phoenix?
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:36 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
On Showtime I watched the Green Book, I was shocked. I didn't expect it to be so good. If you like the sort of buddy movie, although these two are not exactly buddies, and cars and music of 1962, see this film.

I gave it a 9 out of 10. I think Viggo must of gained 40 or 50 pounds to play this sort of punch drunk tough guy New Yorker. It's based on a true story. Word of mouth can work, it only did $320K opening weekend but finished with $85 million.

I just watched it tonight and like you was shocked. I give five stars, heck of a flick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 PM 04-18-2020
Underwater ended up being a legitimately entertaining thriller/creature feature. I'd highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:15 PM 04-19-2020
Underwater was pretty dope. I had no idea that Kristen Stewart had such a smokin hot bod :-)

I also watched Vivarium last night. It was really interesting but I don't feel like the story went any where. It's like a Twilight Zone episode but stretched out way too long.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:21 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I just watched it tonight and like you was shocked. I give five stars, heck of a flick.
I really liked it as well. One of the best movies I've seen recently.

Definitely an interesting twist on Driving Miss Daisy. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 AM 04-20-2020
Molly’s Game came up on my Netflix suggestions. I hadn’t heard of it before so I thought WTF let’s watch it. I knew nothing about the story but It’s a pretty solid watch.

Conclusions:
1. Jessica Chastain is hot. Full stop.

2. Idris Elba is amazing. Dude just ATE scenery and was by far the most compelling character despite the most compelling part of the story being Molly’s story. I don’t know what kind of accent he’s rolling with but it’s intentional and well done. One wouldn’t think too much about it unless you’d seen both Luther and the Wire. I don’t think there’s anything he can’t do.

3. Aaron Sorkin was involved. I can’t remember as a writer, director, producer or what. Doesn’t matter. Whatever it is it’s the same as it normally is with me and Sorkin. The dialogue is good and engaging. There are some really compelling character moments in there. But when it comes to the climax what Sorkin believes to be moving and compelling misses the mark for me. Happens with a lot of stuff Sorkin is involved in. Maybe I’m just a dweeb and Sorkin is the model of compelling storytelling. But the bottom line is he has all this build up that I really enjoy then at the essential moment I think to myself ... Ok, and...?

Nonetheless it’s worth your time. I’d recommend it.

4. Costner’s performance hit. Maybe it’s because I have a daughter. But I think it’s possible he’s just a fat better actor than he used to be. His performance in the Superman movie and this one hit home far more than anything he did early.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:20 AM 04-25-2020
Extraction (new action film on Netflix) is wild as hell. Keep in mind, there is little to no character development at all but the action sequences rock imo. Thor killed a shit load of Indian gangsters in this haha
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:32 PM 04-25-2020
Jumanji: The Next Level.

Don't bother. Karen Gillian is smoking hot however the movie is just boring and predictable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:50 AM 04-26-2020
Technically a movie, based on a TV show, now on an online service no one probably has, . . . but keep your eyes peeled for a fun quarantine diversion

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:40 PM 04-28-2020
Grab a seat and hold onto something sturdy. . . .

[Reply]
Stryker 07:12 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Underwater was pretty dope. I had no idea that Kristen Stewart had such a smokin hot bod :-)

I also watched Vivarium last night. It was really interesting but I don't feel like the story went any where. It's like a Twilight Zone episode but stretched out way too long.
Just finished it - awesome movie! Thank you for the heads up! Totally enjoyed.:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 07:13 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Extraction (new action film on Netflix) is wild as hell. Keep in mind, there is little to no character development at all but the action sequences rock imo. Thor killed a shit load of Indian gangsters in this haha
Next on my list:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 07:16 PM 04-28-2020
Ok so I finally got around to watching "Alita: Battle Angel" I loved it! She is a bad ass! Really good movie!

[Reply]
Page 225 of 287
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Up