ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I hate Chris Jones
bricks 09:29 PM 10-26-2021
Honestly the Chiefs should either trade or cut this guy. If they could get some sort of compensation for him great. If not, hopefully they could release him, buy him out or something free up some cap money.

I don’t know how it all works with money and cap management. I’m definitely not knowledgeable or savvy in that regard but all I know is this dude needs to go.

Chiefs please get rid of him!

I don’t care if he is a good interior passrusher. He sucks at everything else. Can’t stop the run, and he is physically, mentally soft. I can’t tolerate his presence on the field at times. He is lazy and dogs it on lots of plays. There was one play against Derrick Henry last Sunday where he had a shot to tackle him when Henry chose to run between the guard and tackle and Jones didn’t even choose to FIGHT off the block and just like passively reached out and touched Henry and let him run by him.
That’s just totally unacceptable!

Now that was one play and that shouldn’t define the guy but it does speak high volumes of who he is IMO. Playing defense is about attitude and toughness most of the time and Jones doesn’t fit that bill. If he goes, I won’t miss him one bit.

He is not a good building block to rebuilding a good defense. He needs to go ASAP.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:26 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
educated guess, but…

The teams media department sent a memo to all players to stay off SM after the Tyrann comment, I’m sure. They want to put a lid on the situation and will never be ok with employees insulting the customers. Further actions will result in disciplinary actions type stuff.
I sure hope thats true, because his production this year makes me worry he's part of the malcontent crew
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:02 AM 10-31-2021
This might be wrong, but I hate people that hate Chris Jones.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:17 AM 10-31-2021
In my opinion, Chris Jones is not a hateable person.
[Reply]
bricks 08:38 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
This might be wrong, but I hate people that hate Chris Jones.
Let me make myself clear, I don’t hate Chris Jones personally, I hate the way he plays the game. That’s it!

People can go hating me, I don’t give two shits.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:40 AM 10-31-2021
I’m not even a little mad at Jones. He was miscast at DE, but has been playing with a broken hand and still helping the defense. I expect him to have a big time last 9-10 games to help us make the playoffs.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:20 AM 10-31-2021
I’m not even a little mad at Jones. He was miscast at DE, but has been playing with a broken hand and still helping the defense. I expect him to have a big time last 9-10 games to help us make the playoffs.
Chris Jones does not have a broken hand.

Joe Thuney is playing with a broken hand.

Jones has limp wrist, and apparently suffered a bruised vagina against the Titans.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:12 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-social-media

Tyrann say he sorry. Some stuff can’t be taken back. You said it, own it. Pussy

I didn’t see anything in that saying he was sorry. All I see is him saying he made a mistake posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:13 PM 10-31-2021
I’m not even a little mad at Jones. I expect him to have a big time last 9-10 games to help us make the playoffs.

You have a more optimistic outlook than I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:51 PM 10-31-2021
Can't believe this thread is 5 pages long. Who in the actual fuck really wants to get rid of Chris Jones? He's the 2nd best DT in the league, what, three years running?

What's the dipstick answer here? "let's get rid of the best DT not named Donald, so we can draft some unknown quantity and hope he's almost as good?"

retards.:-)
[Reply]
JakeF 11:24 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Can't believe this thread is 5 pages long. Who in the actual fuck really wants to get rid of Chris Jones? He's the 2nd best DT in the league, what, three years running?

What's the dipstick answer here? "let's get rid of the best DT not named Donald, so we can draft some unknown quantity and hope he's almost as good?"

retards.:-)
Chris Jones is not a complete player. His 1 good skill is a very important one, but even that is limited. Jones gets sacks by jumping the gaps next to the center. That's how he gets almost all of his sacks.

I don't hate Jones, but i don't really think he's worth the big contract.

He creates problems for the defense. If he isn't getting sacks, he isn't worth much. That's why Jones said "fuck all" during his contract year. He knew the only thing that would get him a big contract was sacks. He isn't good enough at anything else to get paid well.

His limited skills got severely exposed at DE.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:47 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Stupid idea was stupid. Own it and move on. It wouldn't even be a big deal if you just stopped trying to justify it. You're approaching losing your fingertip grip on reality, and plunging into an abyss of irreversible stupidity.

I'm not sure where you get that I only know misery. There are people posting here ready to call it a season, and I've made several posts to the contrary.

However, that doesn't fit your unfathomably stupid "Wallcrawler hates the Chiefs" narrative, so those are naturally disregarded, right?

As many times as you want to cherry pick "Hidden Stats", someone could just as easily show you the guy utterly failing, loafing, or bailing on his assignment.

The guy has sucked ass, but you simply cannot accept or admit it.

Our experts have only begun to map the outer fringe of your vast expanse of ignorance but I'd be willing to bet that the reason lies in there somewhere.

While I am curious as to why, I simply do not have the time to unravel all the mysteries that reside in the gray matter of a moron.
What is this hidden stats thing you keep bringing up? Is it because I bring up something that he did well, but didn't end up in the stat book? That's just me using my eyes to watch the game and judge his performance based on what I'm seeing him do. Just because it's not in the stat book doesn't mean it's hidden.

It's like all of you people hating on Chris Jones and his contract are trying to act like he just signed his extension this off-season. He had a pretty stellar first year of his contract. He was 4th in QB pressures and only 1 away from being tied in 2nd with Aaron Donald and Joey Bosa. He was 3rd in QB knockdowns only behind TJ Watt and Carl Lawson. He also was a pro bowler, AP 2nd team all pro, and Sporting News 1st team all pro (based on the votes of the NFL head coaches).

So sure let's just act like last year didn't happen, because it pretty much eliminates the stupid "he cashed it in" theory. We are gonna judge if his contract was worth it based on 7 weeks of this season in which he's been injured pretty significantly. Having a bad wrist really really limits the abilities of a pass rusher.

I'm eagerly awaiting your rebuttal in which you write a lot, but say pretty much nothing. I'm sure it will question my intelligence and ignore the point of the post. I have a suggestion, maybe you can load it with examples of CJ utterly failing. If you actually put in those examples, then I believe the post will have a chance to have more substance than 99% of your other posts. It'll be the elite of the elite, a true one percenter.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:40 AM 11-01-2021
Get some magenta!
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:41 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I sure hope thats true, because his production this year makes me worry he's part of the malcontent crew
What in the world does have to be unhappy about with the organization? That makes zero sense.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:49 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What in the world does have to be unhappy about with the organization? That makes zero sense.
Unrealistic expectations, organization expects return. Deliverables, organization only worried about deliverables, not what it takes to deliver those. Unhappy he has to put out effort to meet expectations and deliver sacks, tackles and the normal defense statistics.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Unrealistic expectations, organization expects return. Deliverables, organization only worried about deliverables, not what it takes to deliver those. Unhappy he has to put out effort to meet expectations and deliver sacks, tackles and the normal defense statistics.
In other words a bunch of crazy shit you made up in your head to fit your own made up narratives. Got it.

Kind of hilarious though, on one hand you bitch about the coaches and think nobody cares then you make the claim Jones is unhappy because all the organization cares about is results. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up