ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2000 of 4830
« First < 1000150019001950199019961997199819992000 200120022003200420102050210025003000 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:22 AM 09-05-2018
I'll never understand why breaking the rules in professional sports is seen by some as a bad thing. This ain't Little League. We're not teaching anyone the value of sportsmanship and the way to lose in a dignified fashion. If it doesn't cause injury, go ahead and cheat.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:27 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I'll never understand why breaking the rules in professional sports is seen by some as a bad thing. This ain't Little League. We're not teaching anyone the value of sportsmanship and the way to lose in a dignified fashion. If it doesn't cause injury, go ahead and cheat.
Kinda weird... I think there are varying opinions on the infractions with the salary cap. I don't recall reading anything that stated the Broncos were able to retain an advantage by having more/better players because of the payments issue. It was a cash flow infraction, not a salary cap infraction that allowed them to retain players they couldn't afford or paying under the table outside their contracts. But, again.. I'm not going to change opinions nor do I care to do so quite honestly.

They were caught doing something that the league deemed wrong with the payments and they were fined and lost picks. I have no issues with that and never claimed to having issues with it.
[Reply]
penchief 08:33 AM 09-05-2018
Spoken like a true Broncos fan. Rules are important in every walk of life. We can exist on earth in one of two ways, with respect and civility, or in chaos. Nothing earned in a world without rules is truly legitimate.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:35 AM 09-05-2018
Not surprising from a POS Broncos fan. Just realize that there is an asterisk next to your super bowl victories.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:39 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
Spoken like a true Broncos fan. Rules are important in every walk of life. We can exist on in earth one of two ways, with respect and civility, or in chaos. Nothing earned in a world without rules is truly legitimate.
There are a few things you can find on this with a Google search... I didn't find too many with details, just recaps. I have no idea who authored the info on this link, but if you read through it.... you'll have an idea as to why I have the opinion that I do on this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...os_salary_cap/
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:00 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
Spoken like a true Broncos fan. Rules are important in every walk of life. We can exist on earth in one of two ways, with respect and civility, or in chaos. Nothing earned in a world without rules is truly legitimate.
Sure. They're important. But not in professional sports.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:01 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Not surprising from a POS Broncos fan. Just realize that there is an asterisk next to your super bowl victories.
I have no Super Bowl victories. I don't play football. I watch it sometimes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:01 AM 09-05-2018
The Broncos motto: Rules don't matter, just don't get caught.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:03 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
And if you get caught, use it to learn a better way to break the rules.
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Only applies to them though. Pretty sure, based on what has been said here over the years, that most of them feel much different when said cheating involves the Patriots. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:10 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Only applies to them though. Pretty sure, based on what has been said here over the years, that most of them feel much different when said cheating involves the Patriots. :-)
They do. Hypocritical pieces of shit they are.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:12 AM 09-05-2018
The early thin air advantage isn't even an argument. Even as bad as Denver was last year they are still nearly unbeatable the first month at home and we saw how big of a dogshit team they were after that advantage passed...They obliterated a not fully conditioned Dallas team then the true Broncos roster took shape :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:14 AM 09-05-2018
They will beat Seattle and Oakland due to the CBA rules on practice. They won't be conditioned enough to play in that cheap air. Must be nice being gifted two wins right off the bat. If they lose, this could be a historically bad team. Winning those games means nothing.
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 AM 09-05-2018
I get what you're saying bro. The $$$ manipulates the innocence of fair play. However, personally I think that rules should still be important at the highest levels of competition - But you're right in that they're not. And it's NOT just in the NFL. College Football is even more corrupt. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 AM 09-05-2018
A guy that should be a Browns fan pretending to be a Broncos fan on a Chiefs board :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2000 of 4830
« First < 1000150019001950199019961997199819992000 200120022003200420102050210025003000 > Last »
Up