ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 315
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:03 AM 12-05-2019
there is still some weird shit happening with sacks and such but i think its getting better. Also I noticed in my game that the team i was playing completed a 14 yard pass and i was penalized for defensive holding and they accepted the penalty over taking the 14 yards and a first down. Also, towards the end of the game i had a sack for -4 yards and they were called for holding on the same play that we accepted. I feel like most coaches would decline that penalty over 6 yards but who knows
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 12-05-2019
There's also a CRAZY number of negative passing plays. I probably have 2-3 passes every game for negative yards. I don't know if that's some kind of product of my gameplans or not, but I feel like my opponents are getting them as well.

Or maybe I just don't recognize how often they happen IRL...
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:09 AM 12-05-2019
I had almost as many Td's as I had first downs, 5 to 8. Thats pretty impressive or sad, what is sad is my 1-8 3rd down rate. Is there a place in game plan that would lean toward your RB's getting more passes thrown their way? Or is it just blind luck with RB on field and you pick more passing over running?
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:15 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's also a CRAZY number of negative passing plays. I probably have 2-3 passes every game for negative yards. I don't know if that's some kind of product of my gameplans or not, but I feel like my opponents are getting them as well.

Or maybe I just don't recognize how often they happen IRL...
Yea I see it a lot in my games. What sucks even worse is when its a negative pass play, coupled with a holding call
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:27 AM 12-05-2019
Rivers spiked the ball to stop the clock on the opponent's 24 yard line with 1:45 left in the half. Not sure I would have made that call.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I had almost as many Td's as I had first downs, 5 to 8. Thats pretty impressive or sad, what is sad is my 1-8 3rd down rate. Is there a place in game plan that would lean toward your RB's getting more passes thrown their way? Or is it just blind luck with RB on field and you pick more passing over running?
3rd down rate is just awfully tough to get a handle on. You can try to shift some stuff on 2nd downs to make 3rd downs more manageable or you can try to radically alter your 3rd downs specifically but even that could just yield some small sample size problems that don't mean much.

I dunno; gonna take some cipherin' there to figure out because if I don't, it'll keep me out of the post-season as divisional play gets here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Clay was so excited for Josh Gordon and he was the only WR in the game to drop a pass...2 actually....
He'll produce. 18 YPC with Evans and Kelce drawing coverage.

Big plays coming. Or the sim is broken.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 12-05-2019
Okay, so I've figured Vail out.

The problem is that I don't intend to actually react to it yet. Before I adjust to what they're doing specifically, I need to see how they handle what I'm doing.

I suspect I'm going to lose this game and potentially badly. But I need to confirm a thesis here before I take them on again later in the season.

The issues is that this particular phenomenon can't be real. It's never been real EVER in football history. And more to the point, it's never even been close to real let alone as real AND as extreme as it's been for Vail. This has to level out over time because it's an impossible outcome.

We shall see.

(CD, if you're at all interested, I can PM you what may just be sample size noise but I figure I don't need to go laying out EVERYTHING for these ignorant masses...)
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:22 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Rivers spiked the ball to stop the clock on the opponent's 24 yard line with 1:45 left in the half. Not sure I would have made that call.
What was the down and distance and score?

(And also, maybe the sim accounts for the fact that Rivers always screws up in those situations. Heh-heh.)
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:36 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What was the down and distance and score?

(And also, maybe the sim accounts for the fact that Rivers always screws up in those situations. Heh-heh.)
1st and 10, up 17-3.

1:45 is a long time to go 24 yards, and I ended up kicking a FG when I ran out of downs and kicked back to Carson City with 1:07 left in the 2nd quarter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:46 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not sure why you got away from the run.

Your first two drives yielded a FG and then a march into my territory before a big 4th down conversion that would've taken you at/near the red zone was wiped out by penalty. You were moving the ball a little bit (though it wasn't easy).

And in those 2 drives you ran the ball 9 times. You had all of 13 carries the rest of the game. It's not as though that game was ever out of hand. Late in the 3rd you had the ball at my 32 in a 10-6 game with a chance to take the lead (thank you, Derwin James - for the sack that pushed you out of FG range and forced a punt that changed that game).

It looks to be a classic case of coaching impatience. The yards weren't coming in chunks, but they WERE coming. And your coach just decided to put the ball in Mitch Trubisky's hands for some odd reason...

I’d prefer to lean on the ground game a bit more and take the game out of Trubisky’s hands, but they’ve not been efficient on the whole this season. I think we’re under 4 YPC.

It was a good game, though. Nice defensive effort on both sides. I really thought Trubs would come through in the end. He was fucking dealing on those last couple drives, under pressure and everything. Then he threw that backbreaking INT.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:48 PM 12-05-2019
Aside from obviously needing an offensive talent infusion and a complete game planning overhaul, I think Miami has just been on the wrong end of a few splash plays. We’re waaayyyy negative on the turnover margin in this young season and I think that’s probably the biggest reason we’ve got three losses by a combined 10 points.

Hopefully we can start getting some lucky breaks to fall our way and dig ourselves out of this hole.
[Reply]
wheeler08 12:49 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I had same thing happen last week. Only I burned timeouts like crazy. Gave the other team the ball back with 1:30 left. They scored before half. Andy Reid runs this sim!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’d prefer to lean on the ground game a bit more and take the game out of Trubisky’s hands, but they’ve not been efficient on the whole this season. I think we’re under 4 YPC.

It was a good game, though. Nice defensive effort on both sides. I really thought Trubs would come through in the end. He was fucking dealing on those last couple drives, under pressure and everything. Then he threw that backbreaking INT.
That drive that started at the end of the 3rd for you was just a cakewalk. We had a shot at finishing the game on 3rd and 10 in your own territory. But then you picked up 9 to make the 4th down decision easy and it was off to the races.

That's a 20-6 final score if we can force an incompletion on that 3rd down but Mitch came through for you and made a game of it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:18 PM 12-05-2019
My defense especially the secondary is slept on. I wish I knew we were simming last weds I could have set my gameplan and possibly be 3-1.

Oh well
[Reply]
Page 147 of 315
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up