ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 51
« First < 404647484950 51 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:46 PM 12-14-2022
lol what

Even Justin Herbert knows it's a fake stat. pic.twitter.com/YmWHFvLo63

— 📽️ Red Tribe Cinema (@ClayWendler) December 15, 2022

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:00 PM 12-14-2022
Now do games and wins.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:10 PM 12-14-2022
look at this fucking fake and gay list

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/who...-three-seasons

top 15 includes TANNEHILL, BORTLES, CARR, KYLER, DALTON :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:25 PM 12-14-2022
He should demand a trade to a good team. He will never overtake Mahomes/Veach/Andy in the AFC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:23 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
look at this fucking fake and gay list

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/who...-three-seasons

top 15 includes TANNEHILL, BORTLES, CARR, KYLER, DALTON :-)
Herbie's #1 in yards because he's #1 in attempts.

He's #18 in YPA. Not really all that impressive, honestly.

I still think he's really good though. He's top 8 at the absolute worst, IMO.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:01 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Solid assessment.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:11 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Herbie's #1 in yards because he's #1 in attempts.

He's #18 in YPA. Not really all that impressive, honestly.

Imagine he probably wouldn’t even own that stat if a Dr. hadn’t punctured Tyrod Taylor’s lung giving him a numbing shot.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:12 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Solid assessment.
It really is. Chuggers D is no longer elite and Herbie is good but not good enough to carry you to a title.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:48 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
It really is. Chuggers D is no longer elite and Herbie is good but not good enough to carry you to a title.
Defense is the biggest piece of the puzzle, for sure.

2000 - Trent Dilfer + Ravens D = SB
Enough said.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:36 PM 12-15-2022
WTF are the Chargers missing on defense :-)

"Defense isn't good enough!"

They've got a top 5 playmaking safety, some widely recognized stud veteran corners, a Bosa and Khalil Mack on DL, a defense-minded head coach who once got sneezed on by Sean McVay...

Like... what the hell more can they do? If Herbert can't win with that defense, then normally overrated and overquoted QB wins stat has a lot of merit in his case.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:45 PM 12-15-2022
I can't remember a year when the Chargers were healthy. That can't be right, but it sure feels that way.

On the rare occasions when most of them are healthy, they're a pretty good football team.

FYI note: both Brett Kollmann and JT O'Sullivan said that the LAC offense was pretty simple, 'lacked complexity,' I believe was the phrase. Also, Justin never runs, even though he's pretty good in the open field.

Between their organizational health and a self-limiting offense, it's kind of hard to evaluate how good they really are, imo.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:29 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Solid assessment.
I sense sarcasm, but a lot of people think Herbert is wildly overrated.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
WTF are the Chargers missing on defense :-)

"Defense isn't good enough!"

They've got a top 5 playmaking safety, some widely recognized stud veteran corners, a Bosa and Khalil Mack on DL, a defense-minded head coach who once got sneezed on by Sean McVay...

Like... what the hell more can they do? If Herbert can't win with that defense, then normally overrated and overquoted QB wins stat has a lot of merit in his case.
Big names or not, that defense generally underperforms. They're a bottom 5 rushing defense this season and they were bottom 3 last season.

EDIT: They're also a bottom 5 scoring defense this season as well as last season.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 12-16-2022
They've played basically all year without Bosa, JC Jackson hasn't been good then got hurt and not James is hurt.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:10 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They've played basically all year without Bosa, JC Jackson hasn't been good then got hurt and not James is hurt.
Has there ever been a season where both Bosa and james were on the field most/all of a season? I honestly don't remember one.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 12-16-2022
No

ANd they're over the cap by 7 mil already next year. They're gonna have to have some blood letting. I'd imagine Mack is gone for sure.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 51
« First < 404647484950 51 >
Up