ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 172
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Saccopoo 03:31 AM 01-18-2015

[Reply]
Dayze 07:54 PM 01-18-2015
The company my brother works for is putting on a supercharger kit on one of those Slingshots. That would be a blast.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:30 PM 01-23-2015
anyone ever know of anyone who switched careers mid-stream? I'm 37, and on the short end of the stick again in the Project Management realm looking for work. BUt I'm TIRED of this discipline - it's left me nothing but misery for the better part of a decade (constant layoffs at the first sign of the project ending, or the company not getting anticipated 'new' work/contracts) and need to change gears. Unfortunately, since all my experience is in this one arena, any significant change will require schooling

I'm trying to resarch Motorcycle Mechanics Institute for training, but wasn't sure if such training this late in the game for me would be pointless. I would be under no illusion that training would immediately equal similar pay, but at the same time I'd be very worried about dropping coin on such training then come out making $8/hr for god knows how long.

how have others switched careers to where they're basically 'starting over' in a new line of work/trade? Tips or suggestions?
[Reply]
Dayze 07:36 PM 01-23-2015
yeah...screw that MMI route :-)
SO many bad reviews.

maybe it's CDL time. there's a private local school that is about 3 weeks; still having a hard time figuring out how much that school costs etc. and need to do a lot of research on the posibility of driving locally or dedicated runs. Don't think I could be out for 10 days with 1 day at home etc. I suspect the dedicated runs/local jobs are the prime ones. Id be happy driving a god damn Pepsi tuck around town all day and home every night or like every other night etc.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:06 PM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah...screw that MMI route :-)
SO many bad reviews.

maybe it's CDL time. there's a private local school that is about 3 weeks; still having a hard time figuring out how much that school costs etc. and need to do a lot of research on the posibility of driving locally or dedicated runs. Don't think I could be out for 10 days with 1 day at home etc. I suspect the dedicated runs/local jobs are the prime ones. Id be happy driving a god damn Pepsi tuck around town all day and home every night or like every other night etc.
Do you have to stay in the KC area?
[Reply]
seaofred 09:07 PM 01-23-2015
My Vance & Hines exhaust came in today... They will be on tomorrow...��
[Reply]
Dayze 10:23 PM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Do you have to stay in the KC area?
for jobs in general? not necessarily.

would love to get a CDL and just run locally, home each night/day (whatever, based on shift etc). but from my reading (and anyone who knows different can certainly correct me), those jobs are A: tough to find and B: typically required 12-24 months of experience.

I'm leaning towards a non-company sponsored CDL and paying for it myself so I'm not locked in to a company running me to death for 2 years while they hold my CDL hostage. I've also read where company sponsored drivers typically make less $ per mile as well.

this is all assuming any of this ever comes to fruitiion; brainstorming at this point. probably a matter of 'biting the bullet' and sucking it up for a year or more. dunno- might set up a meeting with a school or two next week just to get more information etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:24 PM 01-23-2015
My Vance & Hines exhaust came in today... They will be on tomorrow...��
nice. what's the weather like down there tomorrow? :-)
[Reply]
seaofred 10:32 PM 01-23-2015
52, but 60 Sunday.
[Reply]
seaofred 10:34 PM 01-23-2015
for jobs in general? not necessarily.

would love to get a CDL and just run locally, home each night/day (whatever, based on shift etc). but from my reading (and anyone who knows different can certainly correct me), those jobs are A: tough to find and B: typically required 12-24 months of experience.

I'm leaning towards a non-company sponsored CDL and paying for it myself so I'm not locked in to a company running me to death for 2 years while they hold my CDL hostage. I've also read where company sponsored drivers typically make less $ per mile as well.

this is all assuming any of this ever comes to fruitiion; brainstorming at this point. probably a matter of 'biting the bullet' and sucking it up for a year or more. dunno- might set up a meeting with a school or two next week just to get more information etc.

Let. me know what you decide... I am over the freight department for my company.
[Reply]
seaofred 12:41 PM 01-24-2015
[IMG]"http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/seaofred4211/media/Victory/FDD852CE-78CE-4718-AA7B-F13543371036_zpsioqpaglf.jpg.html" target="_blank">[/IMG] the exhaust is on.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:29 PM 01-24-2015
nice. how do he sound?

were they true duals or just a single with a dummy pipe?
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:44 PM 01-24-2015
hi Dayze - how do you feel about BMW bikes?
[Reply]
seaofred 02:50 PM 01-24-2015
nice. how do he sound?

were they true duals or just a single with a dummy pipe?
They sound great. Couldn't be happier with them. They are true duals.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:51 PM 01-24-2015
They sound great. Couldn't be happier with them. They are true duals.
sweet:-)
[Reply]
Page 103 of 172
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up