ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 09:24 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I feel like you search PFF daily because anytime it gets brought up you eventually pop up and say this :-)
He's right though...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's right though...
I know. That wasn’t the point.
[Reply]
TEX 09:27 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, Villanueva, Okung, and Jason Peters to name a few. Reiter has an offer on the table from KC. He could be back. Then of course there is a chance Schwartz and/or Fisher could be back as well. So there's still a lot to play out on the OL front. I'd say Villanueva is the biggest fish left.
He was who I wanted, as a stop gap, when we lost out on Williams. So, I'd be good with it. The guy is pretty durable, which is why I favor him over the others.
[Reply]
oldman 09:57 PM 03-24-2021
I'd be OK with Villanueva since he doesn't have the usual 32 year old T injury problems. Does anyone know what kind of money we'd have to give for him?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:05 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'd be OK with Villanueva since he doesn't have the usual 32 year old T injury problems. Does anyone know what kind of money we'd have to give for him?
His market value is 16.5 mil a year
[Reply]
JakeF 11:17 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Zero improvement?

This is why the whining is bullshit.
You actually think this team has improved over last year?

Right now this team is worse than last year. We lost our 2 best olinemen at the 2 most important line positions.

We gave 70 million to a left guard and now people are saying we don't have money to get free agents.

Thuney/Long are not worth as much as Fisher/Schwartz. Apparently we are starting Niang and Remmers at tackle.

Before you start talking about injuries, that doesn't matter. We are talking about facts, not blame. It's not the Chiefs' fault that Fisher and Schwartz got hurt, but it happened.

The total addition/subtraction since last year so far for us isn't good.

Maybe we sign tons of talent later, but right now we are worse.
[Reply]
alanm 12:43 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Starting t to worry about Veach
Why even worry over things you have no control over? If things are meant to be they'll happen when they happen.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:14 AM 03-25-2021
Seems like Veach has a number on these guys who are just role players and hes staying steady.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 04:27 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Right now this team is worse than last year. We lost our 2 best olinemen at the 2 most important line positions.

We gave 70 million to a left guard and now people are saying we don't have money to get free agents.

Thuney/Long are not worth as much as Fisher/Schwartz. Apparently we are starting Niang and Remmers at tackle.

Before you start talking about injuries, that doesn't matter. We are talking about facts, not blame. It's not the Chiefs' fault that Fisher and Schwartz got hurt, but it happened.

I agree. We still lack pass rush, linebackers are still an issue, still struggle to stop the run on defense, everytime Watkins was hurt the past 3 years the offense wasn’t as dynamic. I think it’s a pretty tall task to fix all this through the draft.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 04:32 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Why even worry over things you have no control over? If things are meant to be they'll happen when they happen.
You have a generational talent at QB, wasting even a single year of that is failure on the front office. There’s still plenty of roster issues that were very exposed during the Super Bowl, options in free agency are becoming pretty limited in some positions.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 05:21 AM 03-25-2021

Just to provide some context. Pro Football Focus don't agree.

They think we have improved.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1374024467232460804
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:25 AM 03-25-2021

How can you count Schwartz for last year? We had him for a few games. We mostly played Remmers there.

If you consider Remmers was our main RT I would consider Niang/Remmers an upgrade at RT.

I think LDT/Long is an upgrade at RG.

Thuney is an upgrade at LG.

LT will probably be a downgrade but let's not assume that just yet.

Center is up in the air. Even just Allegretti there is probably a push with Reiter.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 05:36 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How can you count Schwartz for last year? We had him for a few games. We mostly played Remmers there.

If you consider Remmers was our main RT I would consider Niang/Remmers an upgrade at RT.

Center is up in the air. Even just Allegretti there is probably a push with Reiter.
I agree with this. And even with Fisher. For our most important game of the year he wasn't there.

QB - we are the same
WR - we are slightly worse but neither Watkins or Robinson are a major miss.
TE - we are slightly better.
OL - we are slightly better
DL - this is the main area we are worse.
Secondary - slightly worse at the moment maybe due to the loss of Breeland but Thornhill, Sneed and Gay improvements could compensate this.

Overall we aren't far off last year and with a couple of decent free agent moves or draft picks we could be better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
You have a generational talent at QB, wasting even a single year of that is failure on the front office. There’s still plenty of roster issues that were very exposed during the Super Bowl, options in free agency are becoming pretty limited in some positions.
They're wasting the 2021 season.

In March.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:30 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Exactly.

The line is already better than last year depending on the LT outcome.

Let's not forget, Eric Fisher wasn't GREAT. In fact, he was about league average both in pass and run blocking. A stop-gap plus a draft choice could easily be a slight downgrade next year and big upgrade going forward.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up