ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3660 of 4894
« First < 2660316035603610365036563657365836593660 366136623663366436703710376041604660 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:00 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
There is still time to fire him although I don’t see that fixing what’s wrong in Denver.
Fire Can’t Hackett because Pay a Ton made a franchise killing mistake, and because Russ won’t throw to open guys in the middle of the field. All Can’t Hackett’s fault!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:06 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Hey I was a believer in the Broncos this past offseason.

I don't think anybody here thought that Pete Carroll was the secret to Russ' success, but watching Geno ball out, I don't think there's any doubt. The Broncos did have a slate of receivers I liked, I was a Javonte Williams fan, and the defense has proven to be damn stingy.

I just didn't expect Hackett to be this completely unprepared to coach a football team. And I didn't expect Russ to implode.

This team is probably at least a game above .500 if either Hackett or Russ were league-average.
Of course you were. You’re like the chicken little of the board. Every move whether good or bad is always a “the sky is falling” situation with you. You should take some anti anxiety meds!
[Reply]
stumppy 12:10 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, just saw that clip of the defensive player getting in Wilson's face. I wonder how many more Ls DEN can take before Russ 'accidentally' falls in the lockerroom. Multiple times.

This needs to be reposted daily in this thread. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
tredadda 12:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Fire Can’t Hackett because Pay a Ton made a franchise killing mistake, and because Russ won’t throw to open guys in the middle of the field. All Can’t Hackett’s fault!
Correct. Hackett is the cheaper, easier guy to get rid of. They will pin it all on him for the offensive woes because they won’t want to admit that the Wilson trade is absolutely horrible. The “General” couldn’t lead his team to a victory in paintball.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:23 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Of course you were. You’re like the chicken little of the board. Every move whether good or bad is always a “the sky is falling” situation with you.
...I think most of us thought the Broncos were going to be really good with Russell Wilson.

I didn't think they would be as good as some thought (I never had them pegged as a Super Bowl contender), but I did think they'd be a ton better than they've been. They're not even functional right now, Russ is calling Seattle's audibles, still. Who saw that coming?

None of that is hyperbolic. It's just not the party line of CP, which has gone complete "Arrowhead Pride" since Mahomes arrived.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:26 PM 11-28-2022

Broncos Country, lets ride �� #KeepPounding pic.twitter.com/wabG3MXtKI

— J.J. Sanders ♈️ (@J_J_Sanders) November 27, 2022

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:28 PM 11-28-2022

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:28 PM 11-28-2022

[Reply]
TEX 12:31 PM 11-28-2022
...I think most of us thought the Broncos were going to be really good with Russell Wilson.

I didn't think they would be as good as some thought (I never had them pegged as a Super Bowl contender), but I did think they'd be a ton better than they've been. They're not even functional right now, Russ is calling Seattle's audibles, still. Who saw that coming?

None of that is hyperbolic. It's just not the party line of CP, which has gone complete "Arrowhead Pride" since Mahomes arrived.
I read the first sentence and didn't finish the rest of your take. Many of us thought they were not going to be good and would finish in 3rd or 4th place. I personally picked them to finish last. Told KnowMo that a million times. I picked them to finish 8-9. I expected them to be bad, but not as bad as they are. That's way different from thinking they were going to be good. I never bought into the line of thinking that their roster was all that talented. And it's not. And they suck. And so does Wison. And they are stuck with him for years, and that makes me very happy. :-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:37 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I read the first sentence and didn't finish the rest of your take. Most of us did not I know that many of us thought they were not going to be good and we're going to finish in third or fourth place. I personally picked them to finish last.
I thought the Broncos would be better. I don't know if I thought they would be good, but I definitely thought they would be better. I sure didn't expect them to become a dumpster fire so quickly.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:38 PM 11-28-2022

Well, you should check back in the thread and start where they traded for EmbaRuss. There’s plenty of us in there who weee telling them from the gate that it was a bad move. But hey, I’m sure there were you and one or 2 more people thinking it was a great move for them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:42 PM 11-28-2022
Oh man… Nostradamus

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Save this post...

Selling the future for a washed up Russ gets Paton fired

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:47 PM 11-28-2022

Yeah, I was in this thread the entire off season and gonna have to disagree with your take here.

'Most of us' thought the Donkos would be a 7 to 9 win team, with the perfect scenario and everything breaking just right for them, could sneak to 10 wins and a wildcard possibility. But generally people here believed they would finish around .500 and saw it far more likely that they imploded than excelled in this new itineration of themselves.

Reasons for imploding:

1. Inexperienced coaching staff
2. Wilson's declining athleticism (this was a big topic in the off-season)
3. overall improvement of division (other teams, specifically Chargers and Faiders). It's why we said they could win 8-9 games and still end up only 3rd or 4th in the division.
4. Defense takes a step back w/o Fangio there (which, in all fairness, it really hasn't)
5. Wilson throwing to Jeudy, Sutton, Hamler, Patrick (take your pick of broke dick) versus having Metcalf and Lockett to throw to. Major step down.

There were lots of signs pointing to this experiment failing bigtime. I can't think of anyone on here who thought the Donkos were gonna be 'really good' (outside of a few Donko homers here).

And if ANY Chiefs fan on here said that, I maintain they were either drunk, high or stupid.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:38 PM 11-28-2022
Obviously you don't read this thread often.

Most of us in this thread were pointing out his declining athleticism and general shitty play over the last few years. And the fact that he was going to a team with weaker weapons, with a first year HC who had accomplished next to nothing in the NFL.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:58 PM 11-28-2022
Some thought he would be good and some did not.

In my two fantasy leagues, I was willing to take Chargers and Faiders players at the right price and ended up with Herbert and Mike Williams.

But there was no way I was taking Denver players even at a discount. I thought the offense was way overrated...
[Reply]
Page 3660 of 4894
« First < 2660316035603610365036563657365836593660 366136623663366436703710376041604660 > Last »
Up