ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fortson to the IR
Phoneix 04:06 PM 10-17-2021
With the torn Achilles tendon - who takes his roster spot? Assuming Kelce, Bell and Gray the rest of the way....

Originally Posted by :
Unfortunately, it’s the worst-case scenario for Fortson, but there is some optimism with Hitchens.

“Jody Fortson tore his Achilles,” Reid said. “And (Anthony Hitchens) had an elbow, they’re going to MRI it tomorrow and we’ll see.”

A torn Achilles means that Fortson’s season will be over. He’ll finish the year with five receptions for 47 yards and two touchdowns on the season. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes spoke to Fortson after the game, saying he was in “good spirits.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-hc-a...210454897.html
[Reply]
Munson 05:40 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The condition of that field was shit.
It was reminiscent of the cow pasture the Raiders used to play on.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 05:43 PM 10-17-2021
What is the trade status of any run-stuffing LB's?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:46 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Bring Schwartz in for a look?
Not happening. He's done. But fans can dream. :-)
[Reply]
Phoneix 06:49 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Long is done, fini, lost cause, the end. I have no idea why anyone thinks otherwise.

Well, just how many WRs do you think we need? We already have 2 that hardly played today. We need LB help, we need DE help.
Do you normally answer questions with a question? :-). Considering his position was on offense I assume they will fill it with an offensive player.
[Reply]
Phoneix 06:49 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Do we have any other injury updates?
Hitchens to have an MRI tomorrow
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:54 PM 10-17-2021
I really feel for this guy. He's been through so much, then goes in this year and is looking legit...then goes out on IR with a non contact injury...how the fuck do you rupture your Achilles anyway? I mean damn...
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:57 PM 10-17-2021
This sucks so bad.

When someone’s Achilles just goes like that, was it about to snap anyway? The play looked so innocuous. With ACLs a lot of times there’s some awkward movement. But with Achilles a lot of the time it seems like they just snap out of the blue.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:58 PM 10-17-2021
Nearly had three TD's in five games. Not bad for a small school UDFA who just sneaked on the roster. Hopefully he can come back strong next year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:44 PM 10-17-2021
Hurts the team a bit but this is one of those that hurts just a little extra emotionally because of who it happened to. Kid was starting to get his feet under him with a role carved out.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:55 PM 10-17-2021
Just saw that we have a TE on the practice squad (a Mark Vital)
[Reply]
lcarus 08:59 PM 10-17-2021
This really pissed me off. This dude fought so hard to make the team and waited patiently to get his shot in this offense and now hes done for the year because the stupid "Football Team" has a dogshit football field. Fix your turf. And pick a new name already. Assholes.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:29 PM 10-17-2021
And Ben Neimann lives.

No justice.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:39 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The condition of that field was shit.
FedEx field is known to have one of the worst turfs in the NFL year in, year out. I don't know why the NFL owners allow hundred-million dollar rosters to play on substandard fields in 2021.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:12 PM 10-17-2021
such a nice man too, great smile and he was having a blast. Very sad, we may have something w/ this guy if that damn thing heals before next season. I really like him and he's from a "rich in football" program.
[Reply]
oldman 11:22 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
Do you normally answer questions with a question? :-). Considering his position was on offense I assume they will fill it with an offensive player.
We have 6 WRs on the roster now. Why would we bring in a 7th? Yes, I realize that's a question, but sometimes I wonder if people thought their remark through. Fortson is a TE. Hitchens got dinged up today. Jones is hurt. The priority is not another WR.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up