ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Credit where it’s due to the defene
staylor26 02:18 PM 10-17-2021
Washington’s offense isn’t great, but it isn’t terrible either. Without their best player, this defense played a great game. Need to get Jones back and hopefully figure out the right role for him whether that’s moving him back inside full time or what.

I thought Nick Bolton had his best game yet.

Mike Danna and Rashad Fenton deserve mention too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:32 PM 10-17-2021
If there were a way for Niemann to never see the field again, we could play even a notch better.

It made a difference today with Sorensen not trailing 5+ yards behind every receiver today.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:32 PM 10-17-2021
The good:

-They got off to a really good start. Obviously you want your defense to play well throughout, but I think it's especially important to start fast with our style so we can attempt to build a lead.

-They made moves off-the-field beforehand. Benching Sorenson was huge. Unfortunately Hitchens looked like his injury was serious so we'll be seeing a lot of Neimann with *checks notes* Derrick Henry next on the schedule.

-The end result. All the cards on the table, they only allowed 13 points and not a ton of yards.

The bad:

-WFT's offense isn't good and their best player was banged up so this game doesn't tell us much going forward.

-Pass rush is still a Grand Canyon-sized issue. Guys were open downfield. If our opponent was Buffalo, LAC, Buccaneers, etc. we would have lost big again (due in large part to the offense as well)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:34 PM 10-17-2021
Hitchens really isn't a loss tbh
[Reply]
wachashi 02:36 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah, they played fine without him.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:36 PM 10-17-2021
Its one of those stepping stone type deals. This is the first game we haven't allowed 30 points. Like a shooters slump, sometimes you need to see the ball go in for the slump to break. This was the d hitting the first shot to break the slump. Two takeaways and only 13 points surrendered.

Got away with some mistakes. More accurate qb makes us pay on those. Still had the familiar wide open guy behind everyone, and the classic 3rd n forever give up the first.

Step in the right direction for sure. Especially with the offense cranking out three more turnovers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 10-17-2021
Truth
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:37 PM 10-17-2021
When Neimann and Sorenson are your sixth men, anyone ahead of them is a loss.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:37 PM 10-17-2021
Let's not forget he literally ran away from the play last week to allow a simple dump to the RB become a huge gain.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:37 PM 10-17-2021
Our defene is awesome
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:37 PM 10-17-2021
He's not a very good leader either, he needs to move on after this year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:39 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I think it's a safe bet that he's gone after 2021. With many more defenders.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:39 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Not a fan of his soft spoken style, I want my leading LB to be a fire breathing shit talker
[Reply]
BWillie 02:40 PM 10-17-2021
Much better except for that play Ricky Seals got loose for the long TD
[Reply]
BWillie 02:42 PM 10-17-2021
Sneed, HB, Fenton looked very good.

Thornhill played more and looked fine to me.

Dline looked serviceable. Frank played like a guy making a third of his salary which is actually a win sadly.
[Reply]
ping2000 02:42 PM 10-17-2021
As bad as they sucked ass before this, I will give them props. They need to continue this.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up