ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things that need to change for us to turn it around
BossChief 10:32 PM 10-10-2021
Gay and Bolton need to play the majority of the snaps at LB
Thornhill in for Sorenson
Tyrann back to playing close to the line
Get Gordon ready to play a lot and they need to get him involved early and often
Ward and Jones need to get healthy
Jones back to DT
Frank Clark needs to take whatever he was taking the second half of the year I’m 2018
Spags needs to adjust his scheme to be more aggressive
Brendan Daly needs to be fired or at minimum put on the hot seat
[Reply]
cdcox 12:16 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I agree. But teams aren't budging from the 2 deep look because we have nothing to counter it with. Our WRs other than Hill suck. So either he breaks out and defeats the coverage himself or nothing happens.

Do you want Mahomes to just chuck 50/50 balls deep or something? Or how exactly do you think we're going to beat defenses if we don't show that the short stuff will kill them too? Why would safeties ever come down if we can't beat them with short passes or runs?
The short stuff isn't killing them. It's helping them win. I think we aren't investing heavily enough in the 10 - 20 yard range. We have to use the entire field. When the +20 stuff got shut down, we seemed to default to the 5 and 10. We have too much talent to be running an Alex Smith offense like we did tonight.
[Reply]
-King- 12:19 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
The short stuff isn't killing them. It's helping them win. I think we aren't investing heavily enough in the 10 - 20 yard range. We have to use the entire field. When the +20 stuff got shut down, we seemed to default to the 5 and 10. We have too much talent to be running an Alex Smith offense like we did tonight.
....yeah. I don't think you're reading what I said.

Hardman, Robinson, and Pringle don't scare anybody and they're extremely limited. They should be abusing teams short and in the middle like Watkins used to. They don't so teams will never creep up. If they never creep up, we can't throw deep and get chunk plays as much.

This could all be solved if Gordon is legit. If he is, then teams will have to respect his ability and start coming down. Once they do that, bombs away.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:19 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
All but maybe one or two of his INT's this season were unlucky bounces off WR's hands.

And the 2nd INT tonight was just a great play by Rousseau.

It's not like he's throwing them recklessly into triple coverage.
Yep and a couple other interceptions were 3rd and long plays that basically ended up as short punts. Yeah, you don't want them to occur, but you can live with them. The fumbles have been the big issue. We're sitting pretty at 4-1 right now if our guys could hold on to the football. And that is even with our trash defense and brutal schedule. Mahomes has been amazing this year.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:20 AM 10-11-2021
On offense, the intermediate passing game is there and works when the Chiefs make it a focused part of their gameplan... i.e. against Baltimore.

The turnovers and dropped passes need to get cleaned up obviously.

Also maybe the CEH injury will force Andy/EB to recognize that 1) Darrel Williams is the more explosive runner currently and 2) The Chiefs should not be running the ball on almost every first down.

On defense Sorensen needs to be benched/deactivated/cut... whatever keeps him off the field. Chris Jones/Frank Clark/Jarran Reed need to commit themselves to playing somewhere closer to their fat contracts and Spags needs to wake up to the reality that the Chiefs are not generating any type of consistent pressure from simply relying on their front four.

And on special teams any kickoff that is caught in the end zone should be kneeled down for a touchback.
[Reply]
OCinBuffalo 12:22 AM 10-11-2021
Not play the Bills...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:23 AM 10-11-2021
We can bench Sorenson, but the aids is already deep in the unit. They are werthers original fucking stupid now.

Hitchens running hard to run away from the play, dirty Dan just randomly stopped on a route because???? The AIDS is deep.
[Reply]
tk13 12:24 AM 10-11-2021
All but maybe one or two of his INT's this season were unlucky bounces off WR's hands.

And the 2nd INT tonight was just a great play by Rousseau.

It's not like he's throwing them recklessly into triple coverage.
That's kind of the beauty of playing that safe Cover 2 though. Dungy and Lovie Smith made a living at that. Play the Cover 2 all day and keep everything in front of you. Every time a ball goes through the hands of a WR, and it will happen, it's a potential INT.
[Reply]
-King- 12:24 AM 10-11-2021
On offense, the intermediate passing game is there and works when the Chiefs make it a focused part of their gameplan... i.e. against Baltimore.

The turnovers and dropped passes need to get cleaned up obviously.

Also maybe the CEH injury will force Andy/EB to recognize that 1) Darrel Williams is the more explosive runner currently and 2) The Chiefs should not be running the ball on almost every first down.

On defense Sorensen needs to be benched/deactivated/cut... whatever keeps him off the field. Chris Jones/Frank Clark/Jarran Reed need to commit themselves to playing somewhere closer to their fat contracts and Spags needs to wake up to the reality that the Chiefs are not generating any type of consistent pressure from simply relying on their front four.

And on special teams any kickoff that is caught in the end zone should be kneeled down for a touchback.
I hope Darrell Williams touches don't go up even though I know they will. He's ok, but he's still not a "good" RB. Reid has to learn the concept of if you give a fast player a big hole, really good things will happen. I don't understand why McKinnon isn't involved more. Imagine his speed through the titanic sized holes CEH sees but can't fully exploit.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:48 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I hope Darrell Williams touches don't go up even though I know they will. He's ok, but he's still not a "good" RB. Reid has to learn the concept of if you give a fast player a big hole, really good things will happen. I don't understand why McKinnon isn't involved more. Imagine his speed through the titanic sized holes CEH sees but can't fully exploit.
Cause for some idiotic reason this team is loyal to vets.
[Reply]
TEX 02:19 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yep and a couple other interceptions were 3rd and long plays that basically ended up as short punts. Yeah, you don't want them to occur, but you can live with them. The fumbles have been the big issue. We're sitting pretty at 4-1 right now if our guys could hold on to the football. And that is even with our trash defense and brutal schedule. Mahomes has been amazing this year.
Naw. 3 -2. If you're gonna site fumbles as the reason for losses, you have to also look at the other side of the coin and apply it. We beat Cleveland b/c they fumbled.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:26 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I legit lol'd when Hitchens turned around and ran away from the play at one point when Moss turned a small catch into a big play.
What a terrible signing Hitchens turned out to be. Another great move by the genius Veach
[Reply]
JPH83 03:10 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
What a terrible signing Hitchens turned out to be. Another great move by the genius Veach
He looks completely lost. I'm really not sure we lose anything just chucking in Bolton and Gay and hoping for the best. He is not diagnosing or reacting.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He looks completely lost. I'm really not sure we lose anything just chucking in Bolton and Gay and hoping for the best. He is not diagnosing or reacting.
Hitchens is a very blah player...but a real issue we have is Willie Gay is the only LB we have that has actual NFL athletic talent.

Hitchens, Bolton, Niemann those guys are all below average NFL athletes, it's why they get bent over in coverage.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:38 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hitchens is a very blah player...but a real issue we have is Willie Gay is the only LB we have that has actual NFL athletic talent.

Hitchens, Bolton, Niemann those guys are all below average NFL athletes, it's why they get bent over in coverage.
Yep, agreed. Think Bolton could have value in a limited role, but I'm far less excited by the pick now. That goes for a lot of guys.

We need to draft better and use those players better. We can't do much about injuries but Saunders, Nnadi, DOD, Watts, CEH, Thornhill, Sneed, Kaindoh, Gray, Hardman, Niang, Danna. Then Brown for a 1st and Reed, Hughes, Baker. It's not a great haul.

Obviously Smith looks a great pick, Creed as well. Hardman has a role as a gadget player. Thornhill is an upgrade on Sorensen. Other than that we've seen Thornhill and Sneed look OK in small patches and Nnadi as well - none of them look anywhere near good enough right now.

The fact players look completely unsure of their roles feels like a coaching issue. But there isnt the talent there on defence.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 04:16 AM 10-11-2021
No mention of that noodle arm interception machine behind center needing to improve?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up