ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things that need to change for us to turn it around
BossChief 10:32 PM 10-10-2021
Gay and Bolton need to play the majority of the snaps at LB
Thornhill in for Sorenson
Tyrann back to playing close to the line
Get Gordon ready to play a lot and they need to get him involved early and often
Ward and Jones need to get healthy
Jones back to DT
Frank Clark needs to take whatever he was taking the second half of the year I’m 2018
Spags needs to adjust his scheme to be more aggressive
Brendan Daly needs to be fired or at minimum put on the hot seat
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:12 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by JolieMolie:
To me it looks like a Super Bowl hangover. Speaking of the Super Bowl, at this point it looks like it could be Rams and Chargers at SOFI which would be crazily ironic on a bunch of different levels.
Why would they have a hangover this year and not last year? If anything, last year's SB performance should motivate them. Or is playing in the SB every year mentally draining?
[Reply]
jd1020 08:14 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Why would they have a hangover this year and not last year? If anything, last year's SB performance should motivate them. Or is playing in the SB every year mentally draining?
Last years SB showed them they arent as good as they thought they were. Teams are following the Buccs blue print and our coaches can't scheme around it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 AM 10-11-2021
Drop 8 in coverage a lot more.

Tell Mahomes to stay in the fucking pocket.

Simple.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:18 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Last years SB showed them they arent as good as they thought they were. Teams are following the Buccs blue print and our coaches can't scheme around it.
Chiefs are not going to always score a lot a ton of pts every single game which is why it is so important to have some balance. Offenses have games where they are off. It happens.

Overall, Chiefs are 3rd in total yards and 5th in ppg. Not bad at all and I'm sure they will get back on track next game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:52 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah sure.

I don't even think it's worth debating you over Mahomes. If you can't even admit that he had a bad game and that 20 interceptions would be terrible, then I don't know what the point in going back and forth with you would be.
20 INT isn't terrible if paired with 55 TDs. I also highly doubt that he'll have 20. Most of them have been unlucky.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:04 AM 10-11-2021
I'm going to say one thing here before I catch up on the rest... I mean you people do realize how fucking wet it was last night?

Mahomes putting a few in the dirt and a few drops by WRs should have been largely expected. I don't think it anything else had to do with it. You guys act like Mahomes forgot how to throw a football or Reek forgot how to catch. Silly.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:49 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Defense #1

Turnovers #2
Coaches refusing to adjust is also a big one.

Running game,slants and halfback passes with safeties so deep shreds this.

The problem is we want chunks when we should just eat them up five yards at a time.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:56 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

What even the **** is this?
Pride.
[Reply]
-King- 09:58 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

What even the fuck is this?
People haven't learned to ignore what he says by now?
[Reply]
Phoneix 10:19 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
We don't have the back on the roster for #3. McKinnon is a training camp phenom. Save the running game for short yardage or when the game is salted. Mahomes or bust.
I mean. It would be worth the chance to see if he can be that guy by actually handing the ball off to him on occasion.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:03 AM 10-11-2021
Still not that worried. The playoffs don't start tomorrow. I think the defense will get better throughout the year.

If they start dropping games to shit teams, then it's time to worry.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:07 AM 10-11-2021
Haven't posted in a long time, but feel the need to vent a bit after last night.

Going back even to the last year or two with Alex Smith, the Chiefs really don't lose games unless they get dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Often with Mahomes, we win games even when that happens. We did kind of uncharacteristically gave away the other two games, but last night we were dominated up front. I think our OL is overrated as a unit. I haven't been impressed.

Hate to say it, but it seems Josh Gordon is going to be the key as to whether we will go on a run this year. With him in there, just forget about trying to establish the run (and giving up downs and effectively putting more pressure on Mahomes) and just throw it almost every down. With a third target, it doesn't matter if the OL is only average.

Winning this year has relied on Mahomes being almost perfect on third down and he's been very very good until last night. With this D, we can only punt a few times a game (at most) and hope to win. We have to internalize that into our game plan and give up on the run. If Gordon learns the playbook and stays clean, we have the ability to beat anyone if we completely unleash Mahomes.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:21 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Haven't posted in a long time, but feel the need to vent a bit after last night.

Going back even to the last year or two with Alex Smith, the Chiefs really don't lose games unless they get dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Often with Mahomes, we win games even when that happens. We did kind of uncharacteristically gave away the other two games, but last night we were dominated up front. I think our OL is overrated as a unit. I haven't been impressed.

Hate to say it, but it seems Josh Gordon is going to be the key as to whether we will go on a run this year. With him in there, just forget about trying to establish the run (and giving up downs and effectively putting more pressure on Mahomes) and just throw it almost every down. With a third target, it doesn't matter if the OL is only average.

Winning this year has relied on Mahomes being almost perfect on third down and he's been very very good until last night. With this D, we can only punt a few times a game (at most) and hope to win. We have to internalize that into our game plan and give up on the run. If Gordon learns the playbook and stays clean, we have the ability to beat anyone if we completely unleash Mahomes.
The road looks much tougher than most of us expected, but I don't see the sky falling.

Basically, KC has a low margin for error vs the top teams, but I still think they're capable of beating anyone. And I still expect them to overwhelm the bad/mediocre teams.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:01 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
From my TV it looked like Gay started playing more in the second half snd the whole defense played a lot better once that happened.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
From my TV it looked like Gay started playing more in the second half snd the whole defense played a lot better once that happened.
I doubt it was because of Gay. They started actually attacking instead of that bullshit "bend but don't break". They attacked all through the 2nd half and for the most part it worked.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up