ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let discuss Tommy Townsend
Deberg_1990 10:06 AM 10-23-2020
Are you happy with his performance thus far? Has he been an adequate replacement for 'the legend' Dustin Colquitt?

I feel like hes hit some boomers. Discuss...

https://www.nfl.com/players/tommy-townsend/stats/

https://www.nfl.com/players/tommy-townsend/stats/logs/
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 10-23-2020
Read thread title. Wasn't sure if this was a Deberg or a Direkshun thread.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:10 AM 10-23-2020
His punts have been more than adequate. He needs to figure out how to avoid touchbacks a little better, but distance-wise he's been great.

I wonder if his holds are causing some of the FGXP kicking issues, but I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough in holding techniques to tell.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:11 AM 10-23-2020
I appreciate his hair, would trust him to make a TD saving tackle based on his flow alone. Punting wise he seems to have the distance, needs a little more touch though when pinning teams deep.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:13 AM 10-23-2020
Love him. Plus he's cheap. Which makes him perfect.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:13 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

I wonder if his holds are causing some of the FG kicking issues, but I'm nowhere near knowledgeable in holding techniques to tell.
Thats a good question.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 10-23-2020
Is he the punter? If he is any good, trade him for something. Who cares about punters on this team.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:16 AM 10-23-2020
I wonder if his holds are causing some of the FG kicking issues, but I'm nowhere near knowledgeable in holding techniques to tell.
Nobody had a problem with his holds against LAC.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:17 AM 10-23-2020
His punts have been more than adequate. He needs to figure out how to avoid touchbacks a little better, but distance-wise he's been great.

I’m no expert on it either, but Butker is having a great season in terms of FGs. It just seems to be extra points, which would lead me to believe Butker has some sort of mental thing going on there.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:19 AM 10-23-2020

Im far from knowledgeable myself to speak with any confidence.... But his holds have looked fine / textbook to my amateur eye. If anything, I’d attribute it to not being in sync with any minor Butker-isms that deviate from “textbook”. That’s strictly a wild-ass-guess though. Hoping the two of them can work it out sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:21 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Nobody had a problem with his holds against LAC.
Well, there was the whole “national controversy” related to the mystery object that may or may not have been placed on the field... :-)

No other problems though.

(My post is in jest, agree that they were great holds)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:22 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’m no expert on it either, but Butker is having a great season in terms of FGs. It just seems to be extra points, which would lead me to believe Butker has some sort of mental thing going on there.
How can a kicker be shaky at 33 yards and nails over 40+ ???
[Reply]
R Clark 10:28 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is he the punter? If he is any good, trade him for something. Who cares about punters on this team.
How soon you forget chargers game
[Reply]
Red Beans 10:29 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How can a kicker be shaky at 33 yards and nails over 40+ ???
He has the yips. It coincides with the pandemic... Coincidence? I think not.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:30 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
How soon you forget chargers game
Are you Ryan Clark formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up