ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Ted Lasso is a good show
BWillie 10:26 AM 09-04-2020
It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:41 PM 09-08-2021
I can't watch sudeikis...snl, 30 rock, movies I never could stand him
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
This guy?

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:39 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
Dude was on 30 Rock for like 5 episodes.... you couldn't watch the whole show because of those 5 episodes? You missed out then because 30 Rock was excellent.

Tina Fey... SOOOOOOO HOT.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:55 PM 09-08-2021
This show was so damn brilliant in the 1st season. Now every character feels indistinguishable from one another. Everyone is so damn plucky and feminine. We needed the tidal wave of that unique British pessimism contrasting against Ted's unflappable nature. Now every character acts out some rendition of "what would Ted do" for every situation.. The therapy story thread is garbage too.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:00 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This guy?
The speed Dating scene in Movie 43. lol

Woke up with the Fuck-arounds!

[Reply]
BWillie 03:12 PM 09-08-2021
Good show, but would make a better movie. After too long it gets a little tiresome and campy.

Could be a fun deal if they did a Ted Lasso - World Cup Soccer coach movie next year or whenever the World Cup is.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:03 PM 09-08-2021
I never thought I'd say this, but, needs more soccer. lol
[Reply]
GayFrogs 08:42 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Dude was on 30 Rock for like 5 episodes.... you couldn't watch the whole show because of those 5 episodes? You missed out then because 30 Rock was excellent.

Tina Fey... SOOOOOOO HOT.
I was a massive 30 rock fan at one point, just don't like his scenes...he just has an annoying vibe to me. Especially since he's the "one who got away" til late in the series. Maybe he's better in ted lasso but I'm reluctant.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:04 AM 09-27-2021
Show has now jumped the shark. Sucks.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:53 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm still watching it but it's now a show that feels like should be for little kids.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:25 AM 09-27-2021
The last episode was the first one I really disliked. Bathetic (yes, with a "b").
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:38 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
The last episode was the first one I really disliked. Bathetic (yes, with a "b").
I've been steadily getting annoyed with the developing plot lines this season. The love affair from the owner and player, the therapist and Ted's inability to function without breaking down every episode, every character losing their identity, Nate being an asshole. Just getting on my nerves. It has culminated with the funeral Rick Roll, and I might now be out after this season.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:49 AM 09-27-2021
I've been steadily getting annoyed with the developing plot lines this season. The love affair from the owner and player, the therapist and Ted's inability to function without breaking down every episode, every character losing their identity, Nate being an asshole. Just getting on my nerves. It has culminated with the funeral Rick Roll, and I might now be out after this season.
Agree with all that. Until now, there's usually something in an episode that I like. Last one just left me chuckling and saying, "Really?"

At this point, next season will focus on Ted's 8-year-old cousin from Herefordshire ("The Cousin Oliver Syndrome," after the Brady Bunch character) that he didn't know existed who comes to live with him.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:33 PM 09-27-2021
I pretty much despised the last episode I saw, the assistant coach going on his little adventure. It was awful and honestly feels like this show is reaching chore territory where I only watch because I’ve come this far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:59 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I pretty much despised the last episode I saw, the assistant coach going on his little adventure. It was awful and honestly feels like this show is reaching chore territory where I only watch because I’ve come this far.
Yeah the Beard episode was shit.

I still dig the owner. Not keen on her relationship. Because Sam is what? 22? And she’s 45? I mean shes smokin hot but it’s weird.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up