ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 AM 09-11-2020
That choral track in the trailer is really good.

I hope we get some of that in the film. Give it some of that pop vibe '84 Dune had. Just a touch.

I'll still probably recut some of the film with TOTO music cus I'm a nerd. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 AM 09-11-2020
So it's now going to be in theaters a year from now?
[Reply]
Shoes 01:00 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That choral track in the trailer is really good.

I hope we get some of that in the film. Give it some of that pop vibe '84 Dune had. Just a touch.

I'll still probably recut some of the film with TOTO music cus I'm a nerd. :-)
https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ggs-jodorowsky

I have zero idea about Jodorowsky's Dune, never heard of it until 5 minutes ago but perhaps some Dune nerds can shed some light.

The soundtrack though is apparently an altered version of Pink Floyd's song Eclipse. Here is an excerpt of that article:

"Confused about the song that plays in the trailer? That's the Pink Floyd song "Eclipse," rearranged and seemingly re-recorded by composer Hans Zimmer. This references Jodorowsky's Dune because, in the '70s, Jodorowsky wanted Pink Floyd to do the soundtrack for his version of Dune. If you know this, then the message is clear: Villeneuve and Hans Zimmer dig Jodorowsky's Dune, or at the very least, are aware of it."
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:14 PM 09-14-2020
Hans Zimmer is legit. Should be a great sound track.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:32 PM 10-05-2020
GODDAMMIT

Exclusive: Denis Villeneuve's 'Dune' is moving to late 2021, so you'll have to wait another year to see @RealChalamet and @Zendaya on the big screen together. https://t.co/6RBeYpUt7B

— Collider (@Collider) October 5, 2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:25 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
GODDAMMIT

Sucks. But Not surprising.

What’s worse is that’s the same date as ‘The Batman’ so that’s likely getting pushed too.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:42 PM 10-05-2020
Trailer has got me pumped.
I hope they get it right.
Just did a two week vacation and spent a bunch of time in the car. My wife picked out some books on tape and she actually picked Dune. She didn't even know what it was and when I told her what a fantastic book it was she got excited to hear it. She ended up loving it.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:50 PM 10-05-2020
Gonna' be pretty hard to replace Baron Harkonen, Rabban, that trippy mentat, and Paul's wild little sister. Also those dudes in the black rubber coats who ineffectively swept the schmag off the floor from the big worm tank. Those guys had attitude.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:15 PM 10-05-2020
Sucks but its for the best I guess with everything going on right now. Good things come to those who wait.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:16 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sucks. But Not surprising.

What’s worse is that’s the same date as ‘The Batman’ so that’s likely getting pushed too.
Yeah there's a whole second wave of studios crashing when people don't return to the theaters when they re-open. The performance of Tenet freaked this town out bad. You have each studio sitting on billions of dollars of production and everyone is afraid they're going to make $.10 on the dollar from the exhibitors.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:19 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Yeah there's a whole second wave of studios crashing when people don't return to the theaters when they re-open. The performance of Tenet freaked this town out bad. You have each studio sitting on billions of dollars of production and everyone is afraid they're going to make $.10 on the dollar from the exhibitors.
Yep. I imagine Hollywood is freaking out.

If they would release some of these big movies on VOD for $30 a pop, they would be ok? But I keep hearing conflicting info on how successful or not Mulan was
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:41 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yep. I imagine Hollywood is freaking out.

If they would release some of these big movies on VOD for $30 a pop, they would be ok? But I keep hearing conflicting info on how successful or not Mulan was
I’ve been told that Mulan is exceeding expectations so far and as of tomorrow, it’ll be available without Disney+, they should see an increase in sales.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:03 PM 10-05-2020
But the proof is in the pudding: If Mulan earns somewhere near its theater projections, then Disney really doesn’t have any reason to sit on Black Widow until next year.

I’m willing to bet that people will pay easily $39.99 and maybe even $49.99 to see a great Marvel film this year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:13 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I’m willing to bet that people will pay easily $39.99 and maybe even $49.99 to see a great Marvel film this year.
I agree with this. Id probably pay $39.99.

So pass that info on to your execs.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:53 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I get that. I just hope there are still theaters left at the end of 2021 to show it in. Regal Theaters are shutting down because of a lack of new movies that draw crowds.

It's a vicious circle.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up