ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:45 AM 06-02-2019
I wont give this casting a chance....can't do it. Affleck was a terrible choice and Pattinson is probably even worse.

The Nolan Trilogy ruined Batman movies for yrs to come simply because that's the bar that's been set, and no one is gonna be able to match it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:04 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I wont give this casting a chance....can't do it. Affleck was a terrible choice and Pattinson is probably even worse.

The Nolan Trilogy ruined Batman movies for yrs to come simply because that's the bar that's been set, and no one is gonna be able to match it.
So you will not see it at all?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:25 PM 06-02-2019
For the record, and I swear I avoided reading comments for this purpose, but hte whole "So and so was a great bruce wayne but a bad batman" or vise versa is such an obnoxious thing to say. Worthless trash. Bruce wayne IS ****ing batman.

And Batman has a history of making people who bitch about casting look like idiots.

Except Affleck. What a stupid idea a 50 year old batman was. Also Affleck. **** that guy.

I'll give him a chance, but eehhhhh... the twilight guy?

I do remember they cast that butt-fucking cowboy as the Joker and it worked out pretty well, so we'll see.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:28 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

You realize this is the same thing people said about Nolan's films in comparison to Burton's supposedly untouchable masterpieces.

Why bother. Nobody can top Keaton. Nobody can outdo Jack. ECT.

I don't see a genius filmmaker directing this one, so that's probably going to be an issue.

Nolan and Burton ARE film making geniuses. I mean... good luck with filling THOSE shoes.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:31 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
WTF? Most people would say Keaton is top 2.
I don't think so old chum!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:46 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't think so old chum!
Obviously Bale was fhe best version. Who else you got?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:45 AM 06-03-2019
I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:48 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.
True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:14 AM 06-03-2019
Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role. Setup the trilogy, hell even put Juaquin Pheonix in as Joker and I think you've got a recipe for success. If the reports are to be true and they're going with a Raid style Batman murder mystery where it's Batman using his detective skills more and taking out baddies one level at a time, I think it's a solid recipe for success. The problem is that you've introduced half the cast that has been successful and the other half has been lacking. So you have to retcon and forget about Justice League and Batman v Superman if you're going to make this work. If The Batman nails it, then I think fans will be okay with just writing Affleck and Cavill out of the universe all together and recasting Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, etc to aim to be the next comic inspired long running movie universe.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:45 AM 06-03-2019
I mean... did you not get the joke?

Are you really a batman fan?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:51 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role. Setup the trilogy, hell even put Juaquin Pheonix in as Joker and I think you've got a recipe for success. If the reports are to be true and they're going with a Raid style Batman murder mystery where it's Batman using his detective skills more and taking out baddies one level at a time, I think it's a solid recipe for success. The problem is that you've introduced half the cast that has been successful and the other half has been lacking. So you have to retcon and forget about Justice League and Batman v Superman if you're going to make this work. If The Batman nails it, then I think fans will be okay with just writing Affleck and Cavill out of the universe all together and recasting Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, etc to aim to be the next comic inspired long running movie universe.
This isn't a recasting. DC is doing some weird selective rebooting. Tossing some of it. Keeping others. The new suicide squad is supposed to be a reboot and not a sequel. Probably don't want to reboot or recast aquaman or wonder woman given their success and critical reception.

Plus the guy is like 20 years younger than Affleck. The story that has been set up for Affleck doesn't work with a younger Batman.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:56 AM 06-03-2019
True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.
If you cast Christian Bale in Batman and Robin nobody would think so highly of him. It's not a coincidence the favorite batman performances are from the best movies.

Things like scripts and directors REALLY matter. A lot.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:48 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role.
There is no Twilight stigma. Good lord. Let it go. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:51 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
There is no Twilight stigma. Good lord. Let it go. :-):-):-)
I'm largely unaffected by it.

I'm a grown adult man and, as such, have never watched a twilight movie.

In the end Bruce Wayne/Batman is a simple character who rarely shows emotion and therefore comes off as wooden if you do it correctly. If the movie is good, people will remember him well. If it sucks, he'll take the majority of the heat. Bale was surrounded by an amazing supporting cast with Caine, Freeman, AND Gary Oldman. All did great work.

I don't really think Bale is that great. He barely ever changes his facial expression. It works for batman, but yanno. He'll lose 80 pounds for a role and almost kill himself doing it, so he's a great actor or whatever.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:34 PM 06-03-2019
Who?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up