ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Next 5 weeks in the AFCW
InChiefsHeaven 07:54 PM 10-17-2021
How long till the Chiefs can take the lead in the Division?

Donks (3-3) next 5 games:Browns, WFT, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers. Easily could lose them all, maybe pick off the Iggles or the WFT. Their season will be over in 5 games. I predict 3-8 by then.

Faid next 5 games (4-2): Eagles, Giants, Chiefs, Bengals, Cowboys - They could take out the Iggles and Giants. I don't think they are beating the Chiefs (though it will be a tough game cuz it always is), but I think the Bengals and Cowboys pound them. Still hanging around at 6-5.

Bolts next 5 games(4-2): Patriots, Eagles, Vikings, Steelers, Broncos - yeah they got pounded today but they are a better team than most anyone on their upcoming 5 games...Maybe the Steelers beat them...but I think they go undefeated - division leaders at 9-2

Chiefs next 5 games (3-3): Titans, Giants, Packers, Raiders, Cowboys - 3 wins for sure, but the Packers and the Cowboys...I dunno. I feel like we split those and go 4-1 in that span. 7-4.

Chiefs need to do some work to take the lead by December, and we need the Chargers to lose. Thoughts?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:51 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think they've just got a collective case of the 'yips'.

At some point I would think things would have to return to the mean, so to speak.

The answers are plain to see, they just need to execute it. I think they will, or at least well enough to make a run.

My brain says 12-5. My heart says they win out as Patrick and the boys get it together this week and look like themselves again.
You mean like the defense? Pretty sure I said early in the season there is no reason to believe they wont get back to expectations.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:19 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You mean like the defense? Pretty sure I said early in the season there is no reason to believe they wont get back to expectations.
Yeah ok.

Jones out of position, Clark admittedly not being focused (and just doing absolutely nothing for the first 6 or 7 weeks), Jarran Reed looking like a downgrade from Saunders, Sorensen playing 100% of the snaps (!?)...yeah, no reason for concern. All was clearly going to be well.

The history of Spagnuolo for his CAREER is that somewhere around year 3 the defenses start to drop off.

A lot of defense is still WANT TO. EFFORT. Physicality. We were seeing pretty lackluster effort, especially up front.

Now, I think a lot of the media calling them out got them playing for pride up front. Whatever it was, there's a whole different effort level. Ingram coming allowed Jones to slide back inside. That's huge.

Bolton and Gay are big plusses. Less Sorensen, more Thornhill, also a big plus.

All of that is helping corners.

But to say there was no doubt when they looked completely lethargic...well, you were running on faith alone and not logic.

Sooner or later, the wheels come off on every defensive coach. There was no reason to expect a worst-to-first mid-season improvement.

This is crazy, and I'm beyond happy for it, but there was no logical vision for it to have gone this way.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:06 AM 12-09-2021
So as far as the #1 Seed goes:

Patriots 9-4
Titans - 8-4
Ravens - 8-4
Chiefs - 8-4

Honestly, I feel like it's between the Patriots and Chiefs (sounds familiar) but the rest of the way for the Patriots is Colts, Bills, Jags, Dolphins...some rather loseable games for them if shit rolls out right. If the Pats win out and the Chiefs win out, are we the #1 or #2? I don't know what the tie breakers are...

Regardless, go Colts, Bills and Dolphins, and Chiefs just fucking win...
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:46 AM 12-09-2021
I blame DaFace
[Reply]
crispystl 07:56 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Of course the fire Andy crew got back into the swing of things as well.

You guys know who you are.
The fire Andy crew is the absolute WORST. Would you prefer we have someone like Todd Hailey again? Or Romeo Crennel? Herm Edwards?
Who do you propose we hire to take Andy's place?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:02 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
So as far as the #1 Seed goes:

Patriots 9-4
Titans - 8-4
Ravens - 8-4
Chiefs - 8-4

Honestly, I feel like it's between the Patriots and Chiefs (sounds familiar) but the rest of the way for the Patriots is Colts, Bills, Jags, Dolphins...some rather loseable games for them if shit rolls out right. If the Pats win out and the Chiefs win out, are we the #1 or #2? I don't know what the tie breakers are...

Regardless, go Colts, Bills and Dolphins, and Chiefs just fucking win...
We'll pretty much lose the tiebreakers to anyone realistically in play for the #1 seed.

If we want it, we'll have to have the outright best record in the AFC.
[Reply]
Otter 09:07 AM 12-09-2021
I want kick the steelers ass so bad. I used to like that team until the refs kept calling penalties against the Chiefs until they got into the end zone. I forget what year it was but man did that gravel my ass.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:40 AM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We'll pretty much lose the tiebreakers to anyone realistically in play for the #1 seed.

If we want it, we'll have to have the outright best record in the AFC.
That's still very possible especially if they beat LA. All those other teams are going to drop a game AT LEAST likely 2. They just aren't as good as a rolling Chiefs team.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:34 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh come on now.

We looked pretty damned bad at the time, and there was no reason to believe this defense was in the process of a complete identity change.
There was no reason to believe that a team that has gone to back to back Super Bowls would be 4 and 7 just because they lost to a couple of good teams.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up