ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:47 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
I didn't read this, but I don't need to read it to know that you should just grow a pair, shut the fuck up, and you, your friend, or both of you knuckleheads can eithet get the fuck over it and have the goddamn common courtesy to give each other a reacharound...or you can both find some offs to fuck and never talk to each other again.

Either way, all of us - knuckleheads included - will be okay.

World keeps on spinning either way
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 11-29-2022

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
Sounds like it is already over. Move on. Ya guys are bros
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:49 PM 11-29-2022
i've had a similar instance only i'm on the other side of the coin. i had a buddy who went goofy on me for no reason and "broke off" our friendship over stoopid crap.
i like your friend said "well whatever you want" walked away and did'nt speak for over 3 years. i made the first move and stopped by his house out of the blue just to chat.
long story short, he's asked for forgivness and i said cool, we are'nt as close as we once were but friends none the less. every time i'm in his town now i stop over and we carry on like old times pretty much. be patient he should come around.
hope this helps
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:52 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah that stood out.
:-) I don't know, that was actually kind of funny, but I admittedly have a douchey sense of humor.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:52 PM 11-29-2022
Eh just let him be for a bit. My good buddy and I get sick of each other sometimes so we just don’t text or hang at all and give it 3 months or so and shit is always normal after that.

That’s the good things about male friends in that you can just drop them and pick up where you left off down the road. Not so with family or a spouse.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:56 PM 11-29-2022
Moving something isn't going to work; he has a bad back.

I sent him a text saying I didn't understand why he didn't tell me to stick a tampon in my bleeding vag and put on my big boy pants. I really despise it when people act like victims so I wasn't feeling very good about myself.

This was a build up from a number of other times that we had plans to get together and head down to the lake for a weekend of golf and drinking. He would cancel at the last minute for various reasons and then would say what a great time he was having with his family someplace else. The last excuse was his back was messed up and he couldn't golf only to send me a text of him golfing.

We're both screwed up. I tend to hold onto things even though I know I shouldn't.

I was feeling particularly miserable that weekend because another one of my friends cancelled out a lake weekend. He agrees to do it and then at the last minute, something always comes up.

I'm starting to think that I need to take the hint and just **** off...
https://clip.cafe/american-psycho-20...ng-an-asshole/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:02 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Send him a throbbing dick pic if you really want to salvage the friendship
Write Billay across it before you send it
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:12 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'll tell you a story crazykirk.

Several months ago me, some fam and some homies went to a Padre game and got skunk drunk fucked up.

As i was leaving and almost to the main gate, i notice some foo' laid the fuck out on the concrete. Like a snow angel.

I walk up to see what's good and to my surprise, it was a homie!

Me and my bro in law pick up and walk him out of the stadium. I'm thinking he was drunk, tripped and ate shit.

Turns out my OTHER bro in law knocked him the fuck out. Sometime between leaving our seats and exiting the stadium, my bro in law knocked out the homie. Now this homie had been around since before even me, so they real close.

It took about 2 months before the homie would start coming around again. No weird text messages. No, "are you ok's?". No, "are you mad at me?".

Just time, an apology and moving forward. Now we're all back to kickin' it, shootin' hoops and playing ball again. NBD.
Dude didn't talk to you for two months because you unknowingly helped someone he got in a fight HE assaulted?

JFC, I love my boring life of working from home and watching sports at home. :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 07:13 PM 11-29-2022
Does anybody use their phone to actually talk to each other now days for christ sake. Grow some balls and call him... JFC..
[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 11-29-2022
Sometimes you can just use a person up. That famously happened between Nimoy and Shatner. Nimoy just quit taking his calls and responding to him, died not long after, and to this day Shatner doesn't know what he did. Personally, I suspect it was a cumulative thing running over decades.

That may well be the case here. And unfortunately it may be permanent.

Pestering the guy won't help. He'll either reach out to you on his own or he won't. But he's clearly annoyed as fuck with you right now, and every call, text or message will just add to that.

Based on what you said, though, he does sound like a bit of a dick. Perhaps you're better off without him in your life.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Write Billay across it before you send it
He may only have room for “Bi” which would be even more amazing
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:38 PM 11-29-2022
I love people who treat you one way alone & different in a group
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:39 PM 11-29-2022
If you’re going to ask CP for advice, you could at least follow the advice that gets the most thumbs up in the thread. It’s only fair.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 07:44 PM 11-29-2022
I want to share something my dad told me when I was young about these situations. It is perfectly fine for a man to have feelings. Provided he keeps them to himself
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:49 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
He may on have room for “Bi” which would be even more amazing
I just got out of the pool!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up