ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Asking him to move something for you should smooth things over about as well as giving him a piggyback ride
Lol, as i stated, it was just an example. 30 years ago it was pretty normal.

But whatever the equivalent is today, do that. But i already said this. Read better.
[Reply]
notorious 06:14 PM 11-29-2022
Dude's thinking

[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:14 PM 11-29-2022
Moving something isn't going to work; he has a bad back.

I sent him a text saying I didn't understand why he didn't tell me to stick a tampon in my bleeding vag and put on my big boy pants. I really despise it when people act like victims so I wasn't feeling very good about myself.

This was a build up from a number of other times that we had plans to get together and head down to the lake for a weekend of golf and drinking. He would cancel at the last minute for various reasons and then would say what a great time he was having with his family someplace else. The last excuse was his back was messed up and he couldn't golf only to send me a text of him golfing.

We're both screwed up. I tend to hold onto things even though I know I shouldn't.

I was feeling particularly miserable that weekend because another one of my friends cancelled out a lake weekend. He agrees to do it and then at the last minute, something always comes up.

I'm starting to think that I need to take the hint and just fuck off...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:15 PM 11-29-2022
If you love him set him free. If he returns it was meant to be.

If he doesn’t, hunt him down and kill him
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:21 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Well saying shit like...

I sent him a text saying I didn't understand why he didn't tell me to stick a tampon in my bleeding vag and put on my big boy pants.
...is weird dude.

You're doing too much.

Im not trying to be a dick. Not TRYING. But if i put myself in your friend's shoes and a friend was being clingy and emotional like that i wouldn't really wanna kick it either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 11-29-2022

I sent him a text saying I didn't understand why he didn't tell me to stick a tampon in my bleeding vag and put on my big boy pants. I really despise it when people act like victims so I wasn't feeling very good about myself.

This was a build up from a number of other times that we had plans to get together and head down to the lake for a weekend of golf and drinking. He would cancel at the last minute for various reasons and then would say what a great time he was having with his family someplace else. The last excuse was his back was messed up and he couldn't golf only to send me a text of him golfing.

We're both screwed up. I tend to hold onto things even though I know I shouldn't.

I was feeling particularly miserable that weekend because another one of my friends cancelled out a lake weekend. He agrees to do it and then at the last minute, something always comes up.

Ah, now it makes more sense. Yah, fuck off for a while. it'll work itself out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:22 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If you love him set him free. If he returns it was meant to be.

If he doesn’t, hunt him down and kill him
This is funny:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:29 PM 11-29-2022
I'll tell you a story crazykirk.

Several months ago me, some fam and some homies went to a Padre game and got skunk drunk fucked up.

As i was leaving and almost to the main gate, i notice some foo' laid the fuck out on the concrete. Like a snow angel.

I walk up to see what's good and to my surprise, it was a homie!

Me and my bro in law pick up and walk him out of the stadium. I'm thinking he was drunk, tripped and ate shit.

Turns out my OTHER bro in law knocked him the fuck out. Sometime between leaving our seats and exiting the stadium, my bro in law knocked out the homie. Now this homie had been around since before even me, so they real close.

It took about 2 months before the homie would start coming around again. No weird text messages. No, "are you ok's?". No, "are you mad at me?".

Just time, an apology and moving forward. Now we're all back to kickin' it, shootin' hoops and playing ball again. NBD.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:30 PM 11-29-2022
Sounds to me like he just wants to drop it and forget it.

I mean, if you're worried about the friendship, though I don't think he's given you any indication that's the case, maybe try asking him to do some shit you guys normally do together one weekend and see if he does... but man... leave the texting to the chicks and definitely do not ever bring up your butthurt again. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:38 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, as i stated, it was just an example. 30 years ago it was pretty normal.

But whatever the equivalent is today, do that. But i already said this. Read better.
Everyone understood your shit advice just fine.

Doubt dudes’s in his 70s so grab some pine.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:39 PM 11-29-2022

How about pillows then?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:40 PM 11-29-2022
Soooo, nobody else picked up on his friend pointedly asking if he was drinking whiskey? Dude may think you have a drinking problem and finds it really off-putting.
[Reply]
notorious 06:42 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by :
The last excuse was his back was messed up and he couldn't golf only to send me a text of him golfing.
WTF
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:44 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
WTF
Yeah that stood out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 PM 11-29-2022
Sounds like you got in your feels because he let another buddy blow his back out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up