ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
stevieray 05:58 PM 11-29-2022
Texting is already easy take out of context (no pun intended), texting while drunk just magnifies that...

Sounds like whiskey is the culprit here.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:58 PM 11-29-2022
OP, you sure you aren't gay?????
[Reply]
Mecca 05:58 PM 11-29-2022
Dudes like I got in fights with 3 of my friends and my ass is so sore.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:59 PM 11-29-2022
Sounds like you have a former friend.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When you feel comfortable about it, ask him for a favor.
Heh, that's downright sociopathic. :-)

I mean, it works for the purpose you said, too, heh.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Can probably salvage the relationship by taking him to Belize
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When you feel comfortable about it, ask him for a favor.

Something dumb, that friends do for each other, like move some furniture. That's just an example, you don't have to ask him to help you with some manual labor; just something small that friends do for each other occasionally. Something like, "hey, i need some help moving this couch. Can you give me a hand, you asshole? no hurry, just sometime in the next couple weeks or so?" or whatever endearments you normally use.

If the friendship is still intact, he'll do it. If not, then you know it's probably become a bigger issue.
Yeah, it's best you just leave him alone and just drop it all together. Give it time. You already weirded him out.

Blowing up someone's phone with, "Hey are we ok?", "Hey is everything alright?", "Hey are you mad at me?"....that shit's super weird for one dude to do to another dude.

Don't continue doing that if that's what you've been doing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Asking him to move something for you should smooth things over about as well as giving him a piggyback ride
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:02 PM 11-29-2022
The situation isn't very relatable to me, but I believe people are in our lives for a reason and are playing the role we assign them. I think this person may be around to help you build your self-respect. Let the situation go, nothing anybody thinks about you is all that important, live with the fear this cat doesn't want your company, process it until it doesn't matter so much. Once you've fixed your attitude you might be surprised how much things iron themselves out. Last thing, don't deal with your anxiety with booze or you'll never move forward.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:02 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Asking him to move something for you should smooth things over about as well as giving him a piggyback ride
Especially if it's something you can do on your own.

"Hey can you come over and help me move my sofas around?"

....thing are getting weirdeeeeer.
[Reply]
Fish 06:02 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Send him a throbbing dick pic if you really want to salvage the friendship
Use a marker and write "Sorry" for added emphasis.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:05 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I need to move this picture on my wall, wanna help?
[Reply]
notorious 06:08 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Use a marker and write "Sorry" for added emphasis.
As a CP member, what's he supposed to do with the other 10 inches?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:10 PM 11-29-2022
Yeah, it's best you just leave him alone and just drop it all together. Give it time. You already weirded him out.

Blowing up someone's phone with, "Hey are we ok?", "Hey is everything alright?", "Hey are you mad at me?"....that shit's super weird for one dude to do to another dude.

Don't continue doing that if that's what you've been doing.
Yeah, I never ask buddies if they're okay with me. Especially if we've known each other longer than, idk, a year? They should know by then just what a pain i can be. Deal with it, or take a walk.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:11 PM 11-29-2022

Bestieeeee, I’m stuck in the dryerrrrr
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up