ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Dante84 03:17 PM 11-28-2022

Two-time Pro Bowl RB Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the #Chiefs practice squad, per source.

Released by Denver last week, Gordon should be active soon. Another weapon for the stretch run. pic.twitter.com/LBZ7cK2utG

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 28, 2022

Every Melvin Gordon fumble as a member of the Denver Broncos

Good riddance @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/0dl5Q4jg5T

— Michael���� (@Bronco_Hater) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 05:46 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) Russ is all... don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact
:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:48 PM 11-28-2022
There’s no good reason NOT to sign him
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:56 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He was up until this last week after CEH went down
I don't think he's been on the practice squad at all this season. He's been a gameday inactive every week until recently, but he was always on the active roster.

Remember, and I don't recall the exact numbers, but not every player on your active roster can be a gameday active player.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:58 PM 11-28-2022
So, hear me out…
I originally was meh about this. Buuuuttttt

We flat out suck at running in the red zone. And I hate that McKinnon is our red zone RB. Much as I like Pacheco I’m not sure if he’s reliable enough in short yardage. As a third down RB fumbles can be less costly. As a short yardage back we can force him to use two hands and hold on for dear life.

It’s a gamble. Same time I’m kind of tired of all the circus shit we have to do just to scrap for 1 or 2 yards these days. It’s something we never recovered from after losing Kareem. And last week is a reminder that our running game has been virtually useless all season long in the red zone. Covered up by creative playcalling and a qb who often has to run through fire just to get the same few yards many teams routinely get from a power rb
[Reply]
Rausch 05:59 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I don't think he's been on the practice squad at all this season. He's been a gameday inactive every week until recently, but he was always on the active roster.
Yup...
[Reply]
Rausch 06:01 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So, hear me out…
I originally was meh about this. Buuuuttttt

We flat out suck at running in the red zone. And I hate that McKinnon is our red zone RB. Much as I like Pacheco I’m not sure if he’s reliable enough in short yardage. As a third down RB fumbles can be less costly. As a short yardage back we can force him to use two hands and hold on for dear life.
I feel confident in the fullback to get 2 yards or less. Either the line blocks or it doesn't. There's no Marcus Allen on this team...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:05 PM 11-28-2022
This is an Intel signing. No way Reid is putting the ball in a big time fumbler hands.

The titans got Conley off our practice squad two weeks before we played them. Released him after they played us.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:05 PM 11-28-2022
He's good in short yardage, can pass block, good receiver. Probably the most explosive runner of our group. Think he plays.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:06 PM 11-28-2022
Here's the deal, CEH is a turd and not useful, Pacheco is super young and Jones is 1 dimensional that leaves only McKinnon that they trust in passing downs..this signing is literally so if McKinnon were to go down have someone else they can trust to pick up a blitzer, catch a ball etc.

This is insurance because McKinnon has a history of going down and if he were to go down right now we'd have a serious problem.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:07 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is an Intel signing. No way Reid is putting the ball in a big time fumbler hands.

The titans got Conley off our practice squad two weeks before we played them. Released him after they played us.
Denver averages less than 15 points a game.

Are we trying to hold them to negative points?...
[Reply]
Mecca 06:08 PM 11-28-2022
The intel thing makes no sense, Denver blows and he plays a position we have an issue at.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:10 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Yeah we need all the intel we can get on Hackets offense and Russell Wilson..
[Reply]
Rausch 06:11 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The intel thing makes no sense, Denver blows and he plays a position we have an issue at.
Is Gore done for the season or is he still on track to come back?...
[Reply]
Mecca 06:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Is Gore done for the season or is he still on track to come back?...
Last I heard Derrick Gore was on the Saints PS.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:31 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I feel confident in the fullback to get 2 yards or less. Either the line blocks or it doesn't. There's no Marcus Allen on this team...
That hasn’t been as good as it used to be, just as our underhand shovel has been snuffed out. And it doesn’t help us in the red zone where we need yards but have a short field.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up