ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:40 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
This is where im at. I'd call for a fair catch literally as soon as the punters foot hit the ball. I think I could catch that. But in a realistic football scenario where I have to catch and run or look up, then look down to see NFL players coming at me, and then look up again and catch the ball? Yeah, I'd probably shit myself.
Call for a fair catch after you catch it
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:40 PM 11-28-2022
No, But I would be a good placekicker.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:52 PM 11-28-2022
30% of CP is NFL level talent. They would catch the ball under all the pressure. I knew it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:55 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is this a road game or a home game?
Home game.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:57 PM 11-28-2022
I meant by "field" just catch the ball.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:58 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
No, But I would be a good placekicker.
I would argue that with 3 months of practice you could fair catch a football. I'm fairly confident in that.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:00 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
30% of CP is NFL level talent. They would catch the ball under all the pressure. I knew it.

30% actually seems about right. It’s not an NFL level skill.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:01 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I'd like to think I could but the DBs and LBs in the NFL are just so damn fast, I'd be shocked if one of them couldn't get a hand in there no matter how fast I whipped it in.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll betting I couldn't even take a snap and get into a drop from under center.

From shotgun? 50/50 I could get the snap caught but my understanding is that those things have some heat on them.
Yeah, I'm sure I have a good amount of wishful thinking, which is why my initial thought is to take a few snaps first.... because yeah, I'm sure centers have that shit down so quickly and efficiently, you have to be at the top of your game to not screw the pooch before you even drop back.

I feel like it would have to be shotgun, it's at least one less thing to worry about with a drop back and not stumbling over the linemen's feet or your own. Plus I would do a Mahomes and probably drop back from there a bit, too. Make that 5 yard pass a 20 yard pass. :-)

At ~6'2", at least not at a huge disadvantage, but of course have to worry about batted down balls, too.

I feel like leading a receiver wouldn't be THAT difficult and I could put some zip on it..... I mean, Big Ben 10 minutes prior to retirement zip, but still. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:04 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I can't accurately throw an overhand 5 yard pass on a crosser w/ coverage. It almost always ends up being behind. I fucking under hand that shit, it's the easiest :-).

Add in an OL and DL? Not a fucking chance in hell.
I'll be your all-time QB.... just don't break me in half.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:02 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Woah...

Uncle Rico was Ronnie from Get Shorty.

I had never made that connection at all.

He's a fairly recognizable dude - betting he looked more like Ronnie than Rico in real life.

He's in White Lotus right now!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:06 PM 11-28-2022
My hands are too big to throw a football just 5 yards so I’d have an easier time fielding a punt.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:09 PM 11-28-2022
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fumble three times in however many attempts he's had.
[Reply]
Bump 07:16 PM 11-28-2022
when I was 20, ya.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:53 PM 11-28-2022
If I was a professionally paid football player who has been getting reps as a returner since the minicamps in May… I am pretty sure I could at least cleanly fair catch a punt.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:03 PM 11-28-2022
Yep, as long as I get to signal fair catch each time!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up