ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:08 PM 11-28-2022
I voted no because I figured screaming like a girl while running to the sideline to get out of the way isn't really considered fielding a punt.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:08 PM 11-28-2022
Me fielding a punt in an NFL game

https://youtu.be/PgNU0m9QBiE
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:13 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm not fielding a punt without the mental mindset that I'm going to take it to the house.
Ironically, that's the kind of mentality our own punt returners have to get rid of.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:15 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Throw a 5 yard completion to an open (by NFL standards) WR? No fucking way.
heh. An excellent point. I honestly think throwing a real, 5 yard pass to an "NFL-open" receiver would be harder than fielding a punt.

I don't know about ya'll, but i have an easier time throwing a 10 yard pass accurately than a 5. No, i'm not saying i could complete a 10 yard pass in the NFL, but fuck me if leading a receiver on a 5 yard pass w/ coverage ain't more difficult than you'd think. And that's without a DL/OL in your face.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:20 PM 11-28-2022
Call for a fair catch and run away? Yes at almost 53 I could do that. Where do i sign and for how much?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:21 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Ironically, that's the kind of mentality our own punt returners have to get rid of.
What if the house means handing it to Mahomes? See? it just works
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:23 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
This. There are very few things I believe anyone here (certainly me included) could do in a pro football scenario. Take a hit over the middle by an NFL linebacker and hop up in 3-5 seconds? No fucking way. Throw a 5 yard completion to an open (by NFL standards) WR? No fucking way. Tackle any NFL player in the open field 1:1? Bahahahahah. Half this board would be dead. Literally.

Stand under a ball, wave your hand, and catch it? Yeah, I think most of us in any sort of halfway decent shape with a pinch of athleticism could handle that.
Yeah, that's my thought as well... of all the plays, getting under a punt and catching it isn't that difficult.

Out of the things you mentioned, I think given the right scenario, I could hit a receiver for 5 yards over the middle (probably not a bullet 25 yards to the outside). 'Right scenario' meaning a quick play that doesn't include an all-out blitz or someone who is in your face at full speed in 2 seconds.

Of course, there's a difference between "get in there right now for the first time ever, take a snap, and hit Kelce over the middle if he's open; otherwise, don't die" ....and more or less a simulation, say weekly practice speed for a few snaps to get your head on straight.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:25 PM 11-28-2022
I used to get excited when Vanover returned punts. Mainly because our offense couldn't score otherwise.

Now, I'm terrified on every punt and kickoff return. And have been for years. We don't need the risk of fumbling with such a high powered offense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:26 PM 11-28-2022
Really, really wanna participate in one of these. Granted, i have no illusion of winning or not embarrassing myself, but goddamn it looks like a lot of fun. Surely i'd get eliminated pretty quick, but damn it'd still be fun.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:27 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, that's my thought as well... of all the plays, getting under a punt and catching it isn't that difficult.

Out of the things you mentioned, I think given the right scenario, I could hit a receiver for 5 yards over the middle (probably not a bullet 25 yards to the outside). 'Right scenario' meaning a quick play that doesn't include an all-out blitz or someone who is in your face at full speed in 2 seconds.

Of course, there's a difference between "get in there right now for the first time ever, take a snap, and hit Kelce over the middle if he's open; otherwise, don't die" ....and more or less a simulation, say weekly practice speed for a few snaps to get your head on straight.
I'll betting I couldn't even take a snap and get into a drop from under center.

From shotgun? 50/50 I could get the snap caught but my understanding is that those things have some heat on them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:30 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll betting I couldn't even take a snap and get into a drop from under center.

From shotgun? 50/50 I could get the snap caught but my understanding is that those things have some heat on them.
I can't accurately throw an overhand 5 yard pass on a crosser w/ coverage. It almost always ends up being behind. I fucking under hand that shit, it's the easiest :-).

Add in an OL and DL? Not a fucking chance in hell.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:31 PM 11-28-2022
No but I am a 5'10" one hundred pound something unathletic white guy who should have tried to play soccer instead of basketball.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:34 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I'd like to think I could but the DBs and LBs in the NFL are just so damn fast, I'd be shocked if one of them couldn't get a hand in there no matter how fast I whipped it in.
[Reply]
-King- 05:37 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I returned in HS occasionally. It's not that tough.

That said, what I'd lack at this point is straight line speed. If the ball is punted TO me and I were stationed in the right spot, I could settle under it and secure the catch, IMO.

Maybe not 100 times out of 100, but probably 70% of the time.

We're not all fat, unathletic slobs on CP. A fair number of us are still in alright shape. Could I do anything BUT secure a fair catch? Naw - I wouldn't even attempt it. I don't care if they had a full punt block on and nobody within 15 yards of the catch point. I ain't taking that kind of hit.

But could I catch it? I think so.
This is where im at. I'd call for a fair catch literally as soon as the punters foot hit the ball. I think I could catch that. But in a realistic football scenario where I have to catch and run or look up, then look down to see NFL players coming at me, and then look up again and catch the ball? Yeah, I'd probably shit myself.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:39 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
This is where im at. I'd call for a fair catch literally as soon as the punters foot hit the ball. I think I could catch that. But in a realistic football scenario where I have to catch and run or look up, then look down to see NFL players coming at me, and then look up again and catch the ball? Yeah, I'd probably shit myself.
And then upon getting hit i would LITERALLY shit myself.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up