ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:24 PM 11-28-2022
I was a punt returner for 7 years which is 6.5 more than Skyy Moore will ever be. So
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:29 PM 11-28-2022
I'm getting a lot of this vibe in this thread........

[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:33 PM 11-28-2022
I wouldn't be able to run at all once catching it anymore (and I'd be broken after one hit anyway), but I could catch the punts no problem and I know enough not to catch it within the 5-10 yard line like many of our returners have.

Basically, I'd be a huge upgrade over what we have given that our punt returners' only job should be just to get the ball into Patrick Mahomes' hands and nothing else (a job they continue to fail at).
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:39 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:

The mind is willing, but the body says "I wouldn't try that"
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:47 PM 11-28-2022
I think ya'll making it out to be a bigger deal than it is.

Can you catch an arcing football from 50 yards away or not? Are your legs still spry enough to run from hash to hash without tripping over your feet?

If you got a pot belly, haven't ran in years and can't catch, then yeah you probably have a problem here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 PM 11-28-2022
:-) it's like the whole board has been coached by Toub. You do realize you don't actually have to RETURN the kick, right?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:52 PM 11-28-2022

True story I met this guy in a bar and asked him if I could buy him a shot.

He said why just because I played Uncle Rico?

And I said no, because you played Lazlo Fucking Hollyfeld

and he cracked up and took the shot with me
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:54 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Can you catch an arcing football from 50 yards away or not? Are your legs still spry enough to run from hash to hash without tripping over your feet?

If you got a pot belly, haven't ran in years and can't catch, then yeah you probably have a problem here.
Yep. Thus my vote.
Time to go open another beer. Heh, yep.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
True story I met this guy in a bar and asked him if I could buy him a shot.

He said why just because I played Uncle Rico?

And I said no, because you played Lazlo Fucking Hollyfeld

and he cracked up and took the shot with me
Woah...

Uncle Rico was Ronnie from Get Shorty.

I had never made that connection at all.

He's a fairly recognizable dude - betting he looked more like Ronnie than Rico in real life.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:57 PM 11-28-2022
I’d probably take it to the house and have it called back for a hold
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:58 PM 11-28-2022

It's 20 yards!!

To catch an object on a parabolic arc. It ain't sentient. It's not going to radically alter directions on you and hey, if it does because the wind kills it, that's what 'POISON!' calls are for. It's run away time.

Football is hard - I get it. But this doesn't even rise to 'skills competition' level of hard if you're truly only trying to catch the thing.

That's doable.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:58 PM 11-28-2022
https://youtu.be/GPwh7aM-DVI
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:00 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) it's like the whole board has been coached by Toub. You do realize you don't actually have to RETURN the kick, right?
I'm not fielding a punt without the mental mindset that I'm going to take it to the house.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:02 PM 11-28-2022
I could but I would fumble on purpose because I am a Raiders fan.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:04 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

This. There are very few things I believe anyone here (certainly me included) could do in a pro football scenario. Take a hit over the middle by an NFL linebacker and hop up in 3-5 seconds? No fucking way. Throw a 5 yard completion to an open (by NFL standards) WR? No fucking way. Tackle any NFL player in the open field 1:1? Bahahahahah. Half this board would be dead. Literally.

Stand under a ball, wave your hand, and catch it? Yeah, I think most of us in any sort of halfway decent shape with a pinch of athleticism could handle that.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up