ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:54 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You cannot, by definition, field a punt during a game if you're not on the team. Duh.
You'd go viral on Twitter if you pulled it off though.
[Reply]
Reroka 02:55 PM 11-28-2022
sure I could the punt may only go 15 yards but I am sure I could, If not well it was fun see ya in the from the hospital.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:56 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Okay so pick one for ****s sake.

Jesus Christ I was unaware it was so easy to complicate a question about whether or not someone thought they could catch a mother ****ing football.

Good God. Do you need your lawyers to draw up exact conditions before you make an assessment of your ability to catch a ball?
I'm asking for parameters because it's not a video game. In real life, fielding a punt requires more ability than 99% of fans understand.

But to respond, outdoors. Soldier field in mid- to late-December.

Now the answer is NONE. No CPer is catching a punt in 35 mph gusting crosswinds.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:56 PM 11-28-2022
Return it? No. Call a fair catch? Yes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:56 PM 11-28-2022

Jesus Christ I was unaware it was so easy to complicate a question about whether or not someone thought they could catch a mother ****ing football.

Good God. Do you need your lawyers to draw up exact conditions before you make an assessment of your ability to catch a ball?
Is this a road game or a home game?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 11-28-2022
Beautiful deflection.

Gonna go ahead and put you down as a no.....

There we go.

Moving on.
Tell you what, since you're not thinking this through at all, I'll just go ahead and answer the ridiculously oversimplified question.

I wouldn't be able to, no.

And neither would anybody here.

IF they get on the team, AND they get in the game, they would still not be able to do it. This place is ridiculous sometimes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'm asking for parameters because it's not a video game. In real life, fielding a punt requires more ability than 99% of fans understand.

Now the answer is NONE. No CPer is catching a punt in 35 mph gusting crosswinds.
They aren't fielding NFL punts in a fucking dome, let alone in weather.
[Reply]
seclark 02:57 PM 11-28-2022
I played in the marching band, and got high
sec
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You'd go viral on Twitter if you pulled it off though.
:-)

So true! Especially if one should do it naked!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 11-28-2022

The question is a lot more complex than you think. You've simplified it greatly, probably because actually considering said factors is beyond you.
[Reply]
Spott 02:59 PM 11-28-2022
I’d probably do about as good as Charlie Brown trying to kick a FG.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

This is true.

Put that kind of wind into the equation and it's a shit-show.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They aren't fielding NFL punts in a fucking dome, let alone in weather.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing it.

I don't think it's as hard as you do. Nobody's saying anything about making a team (I believe that would make the question a nullity as none of us has even the vaguest belief we could make an NFL football team).

But rather, if you won a contest and they said "hey, you get to field the first punt of the 2nd half of X game..." for some weird reason. I dunno, maybe you cured Eric Berry's Haglunds.

Just an average old punt where they're not blasting it away from you and making you run and chase it. you get stationed 50 yards past the LOS in the middle of the field and the punters gives you a solid little 50 yard boot while the coverage is firm enough to hold everyone off you.

I just don't buy the idea that this is some impossible feat.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:02 PM 11-28-2022
Heh. Me and my fam hit the field this past weekend. Fucking off of course, but we took turns being "the return man" while everyone ran downfield and blasted "the returner".

I learned that i could catch it better than i thought. I also learned that im not as shifty as i once was as a kid.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:02 PM 11-28-2022
Played CF in HS baseball and WR\CB\PR in HS football. Definitely wouldn't try to return it but do a fair catch....yeah I think I could with some practice with a real NFL Punter.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:05 PM 11-28-2022
Would a CP beer belly help catch the ball or make it more difficult? Like, would the net effect be a lot of additional flesh with which to trap the ball, or would it effectively make the planeteer’s arms shorter, and thus make the catch harder?

It seems unlikely a CPer could have the ball fall through his arms like Skyy Moore did yesterday simply because there’s no space through which the ball could fall, but then again you’d have to catch it with your hands which makes the whole procedure more difficult.

I guess you also have the problem of being able to track the punt in the air which seems like it’s probably harder than it looks since some good athletes can’t do it, although the polarized Oakley sunglasses would help.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up