ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:42 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd just wave the return blocking unit off and get the fuck over to the sideline. Be more productive than one of these slapdicks fielding the ball and potentially taking a possession away from Mahomes
This is my answer.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:43 PM 11-28-2022
For most of us, it would end up something like this:

[Reply]
EPodolak 02:44 PM 11-28-2022
If it's the Rams I could fair catch it without a drop, probably. I'd request the crowd keep it down while I concentrate.

If it's the Broncos I return it for six.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:44 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Are we talking having your girlfriend punt it? Or an actual NFL punter? Do we have to worry about getting drilled? Is this in a dome or is this at CHI or SF where the wind is typically a major factor?
Question was could you field a punt for the Chiefs, so naturally it's an NFL punter that's gonna put 3-5 seconds hangtime on it.

You wont get drilled if you call for fair catch and if you do it's free 15 yards.

Indoors or outdoors doesn't matter.

Can you find the ball that's in the air that long, and can you run to where it's going, and catch it.

That's the question.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:44 PM 11-28-2022
Not a fucking chance....hell, I'm not even confident I could see the ball :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Question was could you field a punt for the Chiefs, so naturally it's an NFL punter that's gonna put 3-5 seconds hangtime on it.

You wont get drilled if you call for fair catch and if you do it's free 15 yards.

Can you find the ball that's in the air that long, and can you run to where it's going, and catch it.

That's the question.
There's not a person here that could suit up in the NFL. Not one.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:48 PM 11-28-2022

That's the question.
Wind is a factor. Anyone that has tried to field a punt outdoors for a season knows this. So indoors vs. outdoors does matter.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:48 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's not a person here that could suit up in the NFL. Not one.
Again, the question was not "Could you make the 53 man roster of the KC Chiefs".

It was, could you field a punt.

Can you catch the football, or could you not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 11-28-2022
The question is could you FIELD a punt, right? Not could you bust a punt return td.

You're standing there, waiting on a ball to come to you, with an option to make yourself untouchable while you catch it if you feel the coverage is too close.

So the question is, can you catch a football that hung in the air for 3-5 seconds.
I will put a caveat to it that I'm pretty sure NFL punters do some stuff with the ball that makes it a little tougher to bring in. And it STARTED by hanging in the air, but it's going to come down from about 80 feet in the air.

And with that, just running some (probably shitty) math, you're going to field it at about 50 mph.

Granted, that velocity is an object with clean ballistics so more of a spiraled punt than a flutter job. But I think that's gonna be an easier one to read and catch as well. Flutter is going to create some drag that I have no earthly idea how to account for but we'll just say that the slower velocity is cancelled out by the erratic flight on its descent. Because if it's knuckling, it's not gonna be as easy as you think to read it.

I don't think it's the easiest thing in the world, by any stretch. But I also don't think it's impossibly hard either.
[Reply]
O.city 02:50 PM 11-28-2022
LOL.

We went in early yesterday as I had a few of my oldest buddies with us and they'd never been to an NFL game. We watched them warm up and such.

A legitimate NFL punter with 4 seconds of hang time? No. No one here is probably catching one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 11-28-2022
Again, the question was not "Could you make the 53 man roster of the KC Chiefs".

It was, could you field a punt.

Can you catch the football, or could you not.
You cannot, by definition, field a punt during a game if you're not on the team. Duh.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:51 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wind is a factor. Anyone that has tried to field a punt outdoors for a season knows this. So indoors vs. outdoors does matter.
Okay so pick one for ****s sake.

Jesus Christ I was unaware it was so easy to complicate a question about whether or not someone thought they could catch a mother ****ing football.

Good God. Do you need your lawyers to draw up exact conditions before you make an assessment of your ability to catch a ball?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:52 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You cannot, by definition, field a punt during a game if you're not on the team. Duh.
Beautiful deflection.

Gonna go ahead and put you down as a no.....

There we go.

Moving on.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:52 PM 11-28-2022
I was always terrible at judging fly balls playing outfield for baseball and softball.... this might be a little easier than that, maybe? :-)

At a CP Bash years ago, I did pretty well camping under 25 yard HP rainbows, catching one handed while not spilling a drop of beer.... so, I do have that on my resume, at least.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:53 PM 11-28-2022
I could probably catch a kicked football, but then I'd get btfo by the kicking team
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up