ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Yes, my hands are solid. 30 27.78%
No, I would massively fugg it up. 78 72.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Could you field a punt for the Chiefs?
Red Dawg 02:19 PM 11-28-2022
What say you CP high school football heroes.
[Reply]
TLO 02:22 PM 11-28-2022
Absolutely not. But if they pay me $500,000 I'll practice 16 hours a day for a couple weeks and give it a shot as long as I'm allowed to call for a fair catch.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:22 PM 11-28-2022
Not unless there were no other players on the field then maybe if I have multiple chances and a really accurate kicker
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:27 PM 11-28-2022
I could, yes, and it would probably be one of the coolest things I'd ever do.

The context is that it isn't my job, and I'm not going to be doing it regularly, nor have I already massively ****ed up numerous attempts and was a large part of the Indy loss.

Moore's problem is that his past mistakes are in his head, on top of not being equipped to do this job.

He's unable to just locate the ball, focus on the ball, look it in, catch it and go. He's in a state of repeating to himself please don't fumble please don't fumble please don't fumble.

For whatever reason, he just doesn't have those ball skills which is wierd because he's made some great ****ing catches on offense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM 11-28-2022
Lol, I did it in HS.

Could I do it now? Consistently, I mean, not just once?

No, absolutely not. And don't kid yourselves, CP. Less than 1% of you could do it either. Certainly, none could do it in an actual NFL season. Skipping the part where probably less than 1% of CP are real athletes by any measure, of the 'CP athletes' remaining, well if you could do anything like that, considering how much those guys are paid, you'd be doing it, not playing couch QB on CP.
[Reply]
Otter 02:30 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Absolutely not. But if they pay me $500,000 I'll practice 16 hours a day for a couple weeks and give it a shot as long as I'm allowed to call for a fair catch.

Give 5k to kicker fpr an out of bounds.

Profit!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, I did it in HS.

Could I do it now? Consistently, I mean, not just once?

No, absolutely not. And don't kid yourselves, CP. Less than 1% of you could do it either. Certainly, none could do it in an actual NFL season. Skipping the part where probably less than 1% of CP are real athletes by any measure, of the 'CP athletes' remaining, well if you could do anything like that, considering how much those guys are paid, you'd be doing it, not playing couch QB on CP.
The question is could you FIELD a punt, right? Not could you bust a punt return td.

You're standing there, waiting on a ball to come to you, with an option to make yourself untouchable while you catch it if you feel the coverage is too close.

So the question is, can you catch a football that hung in the air for 3-5 seconds.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:36 PM 11-28-2022
I voted yes. However, in an NFL situation with players running at you and NFL punters being able to make the ball go where you might not anticipate, maybe but I doubt it. And even if I could, it would certainly not be consistently.

And Wallcrawler, you may be right that it is in Skyye's head (that thought has crossed my mind, as well). However, I wouldn't just assume that. Perhaps he's just not that good at tracking the ball. As for yesterday's fumble, it was just a case of letting it slip through his hands. He was right under it where he was supposed to be. This is obviously not something he's going to be good at doing, at least not this season when he's trying to grasp the WR role.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:36 PM 11-28-2022
:-)....no effin' way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 11-28-2022
I returned in HS occasionally. It's not that tough.

That said, what I'd lack at this point is straight line speed. If the ball is punted TO me and I were stationed in the right spot, I could settle under it and secure the catch, IMO.

Maybe not 100 times out of 100, but probably 70% of the time.

We're not all fat, unathletic slobs on CP. A fair number of us are still in alright shape. Could I do anything BUT secure a fair catch? Naw - I wouldn't even attempt it. I don't care if they had a full punt block on and nobody within 15 yards of the catch point. I ain't taking that kind of hit.

But could I catch it? I think so.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:37 PM 11-28-2022
I could catch anything when I was in high school. After having no practice for 10 years, I couldn't catch a single thing in grad school when I joined an intramural league. I'd need to do a bit of work to catch back up.

I have a feeling that the punters of the modern world are able to do little things to make the ball uncatchable, too. I bet they have all sorts of shimmy that we can't see.

It reminds me of playing tennis in my 20s. I was never a good tennis player, but I played in a recreational club and I could hold my own against the people that the organizer matched me up against. However, he knew who to match me up against. A couple of times he put me in a really strong foursome and it was all I could do to survive. And then one time for some reason he put me in a foursome with the top players, which included some 6-5 college guy who was really good. That guy served on me and I couldn't touch it. He blew a couple of serves past me so fast that I couldn't even get the racket around, and then when I tried to adjust to those he'd put some ridiculous sping on the ball where it would come in 90 percent as fast and then hop at some angle that defied physics. That guy would have beaten me in 1,000 matches out of 1,000 and I'm not sure that I would've scored a point.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:37 PM 11-28-2022
I'd just wave the return blocking unit off and get the fuck over to the sideline. Be more productive than one of these slapdicks fielding the ball and potentially taking a possession away from Mahomes
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 11-28-2022
:-)

This thread.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:40 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The question is could you FIELD a punt, right? Not could you bust a punt return td.

You're standing there, waiting on a ball to come to you, with an option to make yourself untouchable while you catch it if you feel the coverage is too close.

So the question is, can you catch a football that hung in the air for 3-5 seconds.
Are we talking having your girlfriend punt it? Or an actual NFL punter? Do we have to worry about getting drilled? Is this in a dome or is this at CHI or SF where the wind is typically a major factor?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:41 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

This thread.
Is that a yes, or no?

Soft hands or stone hands?

Eagle sight or blind as a bat?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up