ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Men's Watch Aficionados
Holladay 10:29 PM 11-27-2022
I have always enjoyed wrist watches. I don't do rings, necklaces, nose rings or tats. Thus about the only thing I can "accessorize" would be a wrist watch. I have a few non descript watches, a skeleton, G-shock...old stuff that is fun to wear.

I normally wear a garmin vio2 on my left hand to track my steps for years. With Black Friday, I decided that I will wear a nice watch and put the garmin on my right wrist. Kinda weird. Last thanksgiving when I did this, my Dad asked why I was wearing 2 watches. Never mind.

Since I am sure there are some folks that have an eye/knowledge for watches I thought to ask for opinions. Were these good deals?

Watches are personal. If I like them, good for me. I am not going to spend $10,000 on a Rolex. I guess if you got it, use it. I don't.

I was looking at various situations, like jewelry, to wear them...casual vs special.

I paid $75 (list $175)for the Guess, $100 (list $200) for the Hugo, and $125 (list $250) for the Citizen.

Just curious what CP's watch expert thought. Again, I am a neophyte as to watches.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:18 PM 11-29-2022

My 3 favorite watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 09:26 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:

My 3 favorite watches

Love the Panerai
[Reply]
Oxford 09:38 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have a Bulova, nice watch and not bank breaking either.
I have my fathers Accutron, a 318N.
Really hard to keep it running right, found a guy on the internet that does pretty good work
[Reply]
Holladay 09:41 PM 11-29-2022
You guys are making me salivate :-)

I just got the Hugo and Boss in today. It took me a bit to get 2 links out of the Boss bracelet.

They are heavier then I expected...45mm and 46. They feel good.

I will look like a geek, but will wear my Garmin on my right hand (for steps) and the others on my left hand.

Dunno. It's brave new world out there

In the end, DILLIGAF....do I look like I give a f#%^.
[Reply]
threebag 09:48 PM 11-29-2022
I have a few watches myself, but my everyday is one I’ve had forever. I want to say I have had it over 25 years. It’s a stainless steel fossil watch, red dial and arrowhead on it. It looks exactly like this

It’s been a hell of a good watch and has taken an absolute beating. My girls had the Crystal replaced last year for Christmas. I thought I had lost it when they had it getting fixed. I was sick about it. When I got it back I about had tears because for a dumb old watch it’s got more value than some of my expensive ones. Plus it has my favorite nfl football teams logo on it.
[Reply]
modocsot 06:44 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by threebag:
I have a few watches myself, but my everyday is one I’ve had forever. I want to say I have had it over 25 years. It’s a stainless steel fossil watch, red dial and arrowhead on it. It looks exactly like this

It’s been a hell of a good watch and has taken an absolute beating. My girls had the Crystal replaced last year for Christmas. I thought I had lost it when they had it getting fixed. I was sick about it. When I got it back I about had tears because for a dumb old watch it’s got more value than some of my expensive ones. Plus it has my favorite nfl football teams logo on it.
This is what I like about watch collecting: the stories.
[Reply]
threebag 08:04 AM 11-30-2022
I like a watch with a lot of heft to it. I am not a fan of any other band than a metal bracelet.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:26 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'm a fan of watches. I don't know how many I have right now, north of 25 I think.

Most are sub-$150 retail, I'm sure. I have one Rolex, my dad left me when he passed, and an Omega Speedmaster i bought when I was first promoted to captain about 13 or 14 years ago.

My latest watch is made of wood and looks like a 1950s style radio face.

Cost me $35 I think.

I buy watches because they fascinate me, so anything at any price is fair game.
That is actually really cool. What brand is it and where did you get it from if you don’t mind me asking.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:29 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:

My 3 favorite watches

That’s a nice collection there. I had never heard of Panerai before until you showed that picture. Went to their website and realized that they are well out of my price range until I sat least retire for a second time.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:59 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s a nice collection there. I had never heard of Panerai before until you showed that picture. Went to their website and realized that they are well out of my price range until I sat least retire for a second time.
I could only afford clones , mostly bough to just display my straps but wear them once in a while , hand wound /clear case back , quality is hit or miss and definitely not as nice looking as the real ones but still fun to wear.

[Reply]
Balto 12:58 PM 11-30-2022
Kinda like a few others I have some really nice watches, Rolex included.

But honestly the watch I wear most is a hand winding Parnis watch I bought off ebay 10+ years ago because I wanted to see how much of a pain in the ass a hand winding watch would be before I purchased say a higher end one.

Actually love it and thought no need to get anything different. I have put a much nicer band on it(band cost more than the watch haha) but there is something I just love about winding it myself /shrug. Kinda acts as a fidget gadget kinda thing lol.

Haven't had any issues with it at all. Think I paid around $100 for it back then and they seem to be about the same now.

Looks like they make Hand winding ones and auto winding ones. Having to do the hand winding yourself might not appeal to everyone haha

Its kinda like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12201475544...Bk9SR5L17Z2ZYQ

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:13 PM 11-30-2022
That is actually really cool. What brand is it and where did you get it from if you don’t mind me asking.
Hey, it's a GORBEN. Got it off amazon. But you can just google the brand plus "wood watch" and I'm pretty sure you can get it from multiple places.

another good one is Holzkern. Classier and they use semi-precious stones as well. Still very affordable.

I don't own this particular watch, but I ordered one with a red stone face a couple months ago. Should get it in time for X-mas.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:28 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Kinda like a few others I have some really nice watches, Rolex included.

But honestly the watch I wear most is a hand winding Parnis watch I bought off ebay 10+ years ago because I wanted to see how much of a pain in the ass a hand winding watch would be before I purchased say a higher end one.

Actually love it and thought no need to get anything different. I have put a much nicer band on it(band cost more than the watch haha) but there is something I just love about winding it myself /shrug. Kinda acts as a fidget gadget kinda thing lol.

Haven't had any issues with it at all. Think I paid around $100 for it back then and they seem to be about the same now.

Looks like they make Hand winding ones and auto winding ones. Having to do the hand winding yourself might not appeal to everyone haha

Its kinda like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12201475544...Bk9SR5L17Z2ZYQ

I actually don’t mind hand winding if you wear it every day and it’s not like you have to wind it every 15 min I think mine last 48 hours n a full wind
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 02:56 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I had issues dealing with them when I lost a link in my bracelet, wanted to charge me 900$ for a replacement bracelet , after a few back and forth they ended up sending me a link for free , took way to much effort on my part to get there though.
Yeah, their customer service isn’t very good unless you live in a place with a Tag store. I just save my repairs and I visit the Tag store on the strip in Vegas and get my service started there. They send everything to the East Coast to get worked on. At least the stores get the paperwork sent in correctly.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:17 PM 11-30-2022
Thanks, bud. I actually get more compliments from men than women for the Panerai. The black bulky watches somehow get the ladies' attention :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up