ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Men's Watch Aficionados
Holladay 10:29 PM 11-27-2022
I have always enjoyed wrist watches. I don't do rings, necklaces, nose rings or tats. Thus about the only thing I can "accessorize" would be a wrist watch. I have a few non descript watches, a skeleton, G-shock...old stuff that is fun to wear.

I normally wear a garmin vio2 on my left hand to track my steps for years. With Black Friday, I decided that I will wear a nice watch and put the garmin on my right wrist. Kinda weird. Last thanksgiving when I did this, my Dad asked why I was wearing 2 watches. Never mind.

Since I am sure there are some folks that have an eye/knowledge for watches I thought to ask for opinions. Were these good deals?

Watches are personal. If I like them, good for me. I am not going to spend $10,000 on a Rolex. I guess if you got it, use it. I don't.

I was looking at various situations, like jewelry, to wear them...casual vs special.

I paid $75 (list $175)for the Guess, $100 (list $200) for the Hugo, and $125 (list $250) for the Citizen.

Just curious what CP's watch expert thought. Again, I am a neophyte as to watches.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:31 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
O.K.

Wrong place to ask advice about watches. You guys are really into you time pieces.

End result, wear what makes you happy.

I can't see wearing +$250 on my wrist....just me. Especially when most people don't wear wrist watches anymore.
Check out Daniel Wellington. Classic watch that isn't fancy but has a good sleek design.

For me, I could easily spend $30k on a watch. It's the one thing I'm truly materialistic about. I got a smart watch so that I wouldn't get more into spending money on man jewelry, but alas... I haven't really scratched that itch.
[Reply]
TLO 11:33 AM 11-28-2022
I have a Seiko that was about $500 that I've worn daily for about 6 years now. I love this watch.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:55 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by :
Women get diamond rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. I suppose watches are all most men have as far as jewelry.
Agreed. But we are on a football thread. For some dudes it is about the Bling as well. Dudes with rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets:-)

It is just not me. As you stated, just a watch. I am a simple man.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 12:50 PM 11-28-2022
Tag Heuer makes some nice watches.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:56 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Tag Heuer makes some nice watches.
I had issues dealing with them when I lost a link in my bracelet, wanted to charge me 900$ for a replacement bracelet , after a few back and forth they ended up sending me a link for free , took way to much effort on my part to get there though.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:12 PM 11-28-2022
interesting

Originally Posted by :
What does wearing a watch say about you?
Image result
Regardless of the style of watch, people who wear watches are seen as dependable and reliable. To others, seeing a watch on someone's wrist says that that person is punctual and values not only his or her time but other people's time. After all, time is money, friend.
Originally Posted by :
Are wrist watches making a comeback?
The younger generation may have grown up telling time on cell phones and digital devices, but many are now turning back time and returning to the days of the traditional wristwatch. Watch sales jumped 8 percent last year, according to the NPD Group, a market research group.

[Reply]
Megatron96 10:39 PM 11-28-2022
I'm a fan of watches. I don't know how many I have right now, north of 25 I think.

Most are sub-$150 retail, I'm sure. I have one Rolex, my dad left me when he passed, and an Omega Speedmaster i bought when I was first promoted to captain about 13 or 14 years ago.

My latest watch is made of wood and looks like a 1950s style radio face.

Cost me $35 I think.

I buy watches because they fascinate me, so anything at any price is fair game.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:44 PM 11-28-2022
That is SO cool.

I have never collected much of anything. I never felt the urge. I do have a number of old fashioned wind up clocks. Nothing big. I will now have 6 wrist watches. Again, nothing special.

But they are all fun.

I am fascinated with time, but so was Cleopatra:-)

Originally Posted by :
promoted to captain
What branch?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:48 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
That is SO cool.

I have never collected much of anything. I never felt the urge. I do have a number of old fashioned wind up clocks. Nothing big. I will now have 6 wrist watches. Again, nothing special.

But they are all fun.

I am fascinated with time, but so was Cleopatra:-)

What branch?
No branch. As an air cargo captain for a regional airfreight outfit.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:48 PM 11-28-2022
Going down the rabbit hole...

Originally Posted by :
How many watches should a man own?
Image result
three
An average man needs at least three types of watches because not only does a watch tell time, but it is a valuable piece of accessories too. A man should have a dress, diving, and casual everyday watch. It is also good to have a tool watch for hobbyists, aside from the casual watch that is good for daily wear.

[Reply]
Holladay 10:52 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by :
No branch. As an air cargo captain for a regional airfreight outfit.
Ahh. I was a Captain in the Army, Armor (tanks). I was thinking on a Captains salary, no way afford an Omega Speedmaster watch. That would be 2 months salary!

But to each owns opinions. It is nice that you have a passion for something.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:54 PM 11-28-2022
I have a nice Fossil, its classy looking, great for a daily but looks good for dress as well. Had it about 20 years now. Can't complain about it.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:56 PM 11-28-2022
Guess I am a snob:-)

Originally Posted by :
Is wearing a watch classy?
1: They're Stylish

Watches, throughout their history, have always been associated with class and sophistication. Whether worn peeking out under a suit and shirtsleeves or proudly displayed with athletic or casual wear, a watch makes a statement on the values of the wearer.

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:00 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I have a nice Fossil, its classy looking, great for a daily but looks good for dress as well. Had it about 20 years now. Can't complain about it.
I have a Fossil. Must be close to 20 years old now. Probably 18 or 19 years. I like Fossils. They can be dressy enough or casual enough. And they're affordable, so if you want you can have more than one.

Right now I'm trying to talk myself out of starting on a pocket watch kick. I don't need yet another collection hobby, and I'd look ridiculous walking around with a pocket watch vest.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:01 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by :
have a nice Fossil, its classy looking, great for a daily but looks good for dress as well. Had it about 20 years now. Can't complain about it.
That looks cool. I had to google it, because I have no clue.

I guess it goes to illustrate that a watch is what you want to wear, no matter the brand or cost. Wear what makes you happy. But it does make a statement about you.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up