ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Men's Watch Aficionados
Holladay 10:29 PM 11-27-2022
I have always enjoyed wrist watches. I don't do rings, necklaces, nose rings or tats. Thus about the only thing I can "accessorize" would be a wrist watch. I have a few non descript watches, a skeleton, G-shock...old stuff that is fun to wear.

I normally wear a garmin vio2 on my left hand to track my steps for years. With Black Friday, I decided that I will wear a nice watch and put the garmin on my right wrist. Kinda weird. Last thanksgiving when I did this, my Dad asked why I was wearing 2 watches. Never mind.

Since I am sure there are some folks that have an eye/knowledge for watches I thought to ask for opinions. Were these good deals?

Watches are personal. If I like them, good for me. I am not going to spend $10,000 on a Rolex. I guess if you got it, use it. I don't.

I was looking at various situations, like jewelry, to wear them...casual vs special.

I paid $75 (list $175)for the Guess, $100 (list $200) for the Hugo, and $125 (list $250) for the Citizen.

Just curious what CP's watch expert thought. Again, I am a neophyte as to watches.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:36 PM 11-27-2022
Wear whatever makes you happy.

That said, I actually have a Rolex and an Omega. I don't wear them anymore, they reside in the safety deposit box. I daily wear a Garmin Forerunner. :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 10:39 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by :
Wear whatever makes you happy.
Yup

Originally Posted by :
have a Rolex and an Omega
Holy Smokes, wow, those watches are an investment!!!!
[Reply]
Monticore 10:45 PM 11-27-2022
Quartz at that level it’s probably all the same , just go for the look you want when it come to your question of if any watch is a good deal the answer is usually no.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:47 PM 11-27-2022
For a budget friendly nice watch, Movado is a good brand.

I have a Tag Heuer, Breitling, and Rolex. I rarely wear any of them anymore except on very formal occasions.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:49 PM 11-27-2022
I have a Rolex Milgauss. It's pretty but I like Omega the most. I was told Rolex hold their value well so that's only reason I bought it. Prices to alot of them seemed to plummet lately but the Milgauss price still seems to be ok.

I also have an old school calculator watch. Worth about $20 lol but gets some laughs
[Reply]
Monticore 10:50 PM 11-27-2022
Hamilton is a decent entry level Swiss movement, Seiko autos like their dive watches are built like a tank , Marathon make a cool military style dive watch I assumes prices have gone up though .
[Reply]
Monticore 10:52 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
For a budget friendly nice watch, Movado is a good brand.

I have a Tag Heuer, Breitling, and Rolex. I rarely wear any of them anymore except on very formal occasions.
I have a hard time more than 100$ for a quartz watch .
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 PM 11-27-2022
I have a Bulova, nice watch and not bank breaking either.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:56 PM 11-27-2022
O.K.

Wrong place to ask advice about watches. You guys are really into you time pieces.

End result, wear what makes you happy.

I can't see wearing +$250 on my wrist....just me. Especially when most people don't wear wrist watches anymore.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:00 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
O.K.

Wrong place to ask advice about watches. You guys are really into you time pieces.

End result, wear what makes you happy.

I can't see wearing +$250 on my wrist....just me.
Have you looked at mvmt.com ? Have a friend that loves em. They are inexpensive and look pretty cool.

The idea of an expensive watch is the hope for it to appreciate or hold its value. Im a watch newbie but when I was researching watches before I bought mine many guys said they bought luxury watches in the 80s or so and the timepieces are worth more today.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:22 PM 11-27-2022
Just looked at mvmt.com. Interesting.

I am not interested in buying a watch as an investment, just something different.

I think there are other places for investments that has more liquidity and value down the road. Not to say it is not a decent alternate type of investment, just not my purpose.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:23 PM 11-27-2022
And I am having fun with it:-)

That is the main point, really in the end.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:24 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have a Bulova, nice watch and not bank breaking either.
Bulova’s are nice watches. I also like MVMT watches.
[Reply]
scho63 11:24 PM 11-27-2022
I've owned 5 different Raymond Weil watches. Loved them all but in the last 10 years, I have turned into a cheap bastard and don't buy expensive things.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up