ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
carcosa 11:30 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Patrick Mahomes is better than him IMHO
This is so true
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:34 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Zach Wilson started what 1 year in college against who? Dude is awful and they should bench him if they want to win this year
Seems like his ego is the problem. Someone like that isn't going to be teachable.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:52 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
You could put Mahomes and Kelce on the Jets tomorrow and they would still suck simply because it says Jets on their jersey, no players or coach can ever change that...same goes for Cleveland and Detroit they will suck no matter who they draft or sign.
Not happening with Gardner.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:56 PM 11-21-2022
Don't think you can bench your first-round pick after just 8 games or whatever. He missed a couple, didn't he? Probably they should ride it out with Zach. See if he does the right things. A lot of good NFL QBs have had rocky starts to their careers. Maybe he's going to be one of them.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:03 AM 11-22-2022
Watch Veach swoop in next offseason and pick up Wilson for a 7 snd flip hm 2 years later for a 2
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 AM 11-22-2022
I listen to the Bill Simmons podcast on Sunday nights. He gives a different Perspective on the NFL. Now he’s a fan of Brotherfucking Cheatriot and sometimes, but not often he’s insufferable. But in this case he fucking hates the Jets. A lot.

But he was empathetic towards their fans. He wasn’t mad because it was a close game (at least mad at the Jets). He was aghast at how horrible Wilson was. It’s a pretty decent listen if you want to follow the train wreck in Jersey.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:54 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Watch Veach swoop in next offseason and pick up Wilson for a 7 snd flip hm 2 years later for a 2
I was thinking this yesterday. I think what he could do really do with is sitting behind Mahomes and learning. He tries to be Mahomes but doesn't have the fundamentals in place.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
OK. But I asked you again what your plan is.

You're Year 2 in a division with Allen and Tua. What QB are you acquiring that will save your job in 2023?
Dude, sticking with a guy that sucks ass is going to get your ass fired.

The Jets have a really good defense, and Hall looks like an excellent back. If he comes back at 100%, and they have some offensive weapons, you need solid QB play and you can absolutely compete.

Wilson looks like shit, and doesn't take responsibility for it. That's not going to play in the locker room.

You want to get fired? Keep trotting out the entitled shit storm at QB. You want to keep your job? Put someone, anyone in that can competently play the position and put the ball in the hands of your offensive weapons.

This idea that it's Wilson or bust is stupid. Just because they blew a first on him, you don't keep beating a dead horse.

If you DON'T have an elite QB, you can still win, but it requires at least QB competency and a really solid defense and running game. Those things are in place in NY.

Just because you desperately WANT Wilson to be that guy, he's not-and THAT is what would get you fired.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Don't think you can bench your first-round pick after just 8 games or whatever. He missed a couple, didn't he? Probably they should ride it out with Zach. See if he does the right things. A lot of good NFL QBs have had rocky starts to their careers. Maybe he's going to be one of them.
His ego is the problem.

He's Josh Rosen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 11-22-2022
OK. But I asked you again what your plan is.

You're Year 2 in a division with Allen and Tua. What QB are you acquiring that will save your job in 2023?
My plan?

I bench Wilson and roll with the rotting corpse of Joe Flacco.

In the offseason, I trade Wilson for whatever I can get. Someone will flip a second or third thinking they can unlock the potential.

If I like one of the QB's coming out, I package that pick with my first and go up and get him. If I don't, then I just keep drafting good football players.

Either way, I go get somebody like Minshew, who is a serviceable QB who can run my offense and be a good teammate.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:05 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
My plan?

I bench Wilson and roll with the rotting corpse of Joe Flacco.

In the offseason, I trade Wilson for whatever I can get. Someone will flip a second or third thinking they can unlock the potential.

If I like one of the QB's coming out, I package that pick with my first and go up and get him. If I don't, then I just keep drafting good football players.

Either way, I go get somebody like Minshew, who is a serviceable QB who can run my offense and be a good teammate.
And you keep the OC?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:11 AM 11-22-2022
And you keep the OC?
I have only watched a couple of Jets games, but from what I see, guys are open and Wilson just misses them.

From that sample size, it appears to me that the problem is not play design, but execution from the QB position.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:13 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I have only watched a couple of Jets games, but from what I see, guys are open and Wilson just misses them.

From that sample size, it appears to me that the problem is not play design, but execution from the QB position.

:-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:14 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If it was just based on bad play, I would agree. Even if you think you know he sucks, you have to be 100% sure before you cut/bench a #2 overall pick QB. But that is not the case with Wilson. Not only does he suck, but he is not taking the type of ownership/leadership you need to see from your QB. I am thinking that this was probably more of a way for Saleh to let Wilson know through the media that he needs to grow up and be a leader vs he will actually be benched this week. This is a good week for Wilson, if he says the right things in the locker room, to step up. If he is still being smug and sucks against the Bears terrible defense, it might be lights out for him on Broadway.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:16 AM 11-22-2022
There was a play in the second half where whiny WR Garret Wilson thinks he is open. The corner had great coverage the whole time as well as leverage to pick off the ball if Zach threw it.

Then Garret screams at Zach as if he was wide open and then pouts some more.

Jets have a lot more problems than Zach.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up