ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:04 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I don't think Saleh is getting fired any time soon unless they completely collapse.
He'll get fired next year mid-season if they don't get the OC working with the QB.

Lafleur is 2021 Matt Nagy with Fields.

Completely lost.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:04 PM 11-21-2022
the post game comments would seal the deal for me.

You can't build a winning atmosphere with no accountability. If your QB plays like shit and won't even cop to it, you need to move on.

Compare with Josh Allen's comments after a bad game. or Mahomes. Notice how they take all of the responsibility on their shoulders, and spread around all of the glory to their teammates. THAT is how you lead a team.

This kid is a punk. They're instantly better rolling out the rotting corpse of Joe Flacco. It's hard to describe just how bad Wilson was in that game. I mean, I tried, and the best I could come up with was Matt Cassel after a six martini lunch.

If that team snags a Gardner Minshew type this offseason and Hall comes back 100% it's absolutely a tough play-off caliber team.

But I'm benching that kid and moving his ass this offseason for whatever I can get for him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:04 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Holding them back from what?
Completing checkdowns for starters
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:06 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Completing checkdowns for starters

Yeah, let's run WR screens and draws over and over against NE.

Brilliant.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:14 PM 11-21-2022
He'll get fired next year mid-season if they don't get the OC working with the QB.

Lafleur is 2021 Matt Nagy with Fields.

Completely lost.
LOL

You're a Jets apologist. Living in NYC will rot your brain folks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:21 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Someone mentioned that Wilson's family was pretty rich when he was a kid. I think there is some entitlement with him. Johnny Manziel & Baker Mayfield also came from wealthy families who didn't raise them the right way.

All three of those guys were 3-star recruits in high school, but they have big egos that were created in part by how their families raised them. Gary Patterson once said if people ever had to deal with Mayfield's father, they would understand why a lot of schools didn't want to mess with their family in the recruiting process.
Mahomes came from a pretty rich family. Being raised in a family that has wealth doesn't make a person act like Wilson and or others.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:23 PM 11-21-2022
Yeah, let's run WR screens and draws over and over against NE.

Brilliant.
From what I saw, Wilson was incapable of completing much of fucking anything. Guys were open, he was wide right, wide left, skipping it, over-throwing it.

He was TERRIBLE.

That was one of the worst QB performances I've seen at the NFL level. Putrid. It made Tyler Palko look like Aaron Rodgers. And then to take no responsibility afterwards? That locker room wants nothing to do with that shithead, I promise you.

I mean, he was Babe Laufenberg bad, and for those of you too young to remember THAT little nugget (or should I say, large round nugget), well, consider yourselves lucky.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:24 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Mahomes came from a pretty rich family. Being raised in a family that has wealth doesn't make a person act like Wilson and or others.
Depends on the parenting IMHO. That's why I brought up Gary Patterson's comment about Baker Mayfield's father.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:24 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
LOL

You're a Jets apologist. Living in NYC will rot your brain folks.
No, how is saying the OC sucks apologizing?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:25 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
From what I saw, Wilson was incapable of completing much of ****ing anything. Guys were open, he was wide right, wide left, skipping it, over-throwing it.

He was TERRIBLE.

That was one of the worst QB performances I've seen at the NFL level. Putrid. It made Tyler Palko look like Aaron Rodgers. And then to take no responsibility afterwards? That locker room wants nothing to do with that shithead, I promise you.

I mean, he was Babe Laufenberg bad, and for those of you too young to remember THAT little nugget (or should I say, large round nugget), well, consider yourselves lucky.
How many yards did Wilson throw for against NE the first time?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:27 PM 11-21-2022
How many yards did Wilson throw for against NE the first time?
don't know, don't care.

He put on one of the most putrid exhibitions of ineptitude I've ever seen and then stood in front of the press and took zero responsibility.

That kid is not and will never be a winner, and he will tank every front office that ties themselves to him. He's Josh Rosen. He's a GM and coach killer.

They should trade him in the offseason for whatever they can get.

You're missing the point entirely. It's not just that he had a bad game AND HOLY SHIT WAS IT BAD, it's the refusal to acknowledge it, and take responsibility. He stood up there and acted like he was fine, so his teammates must suck.

Jettison that turd.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:30 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
don't know, don't care.

He put on one of the most putrid exhibitions of ineptitude I've ever seen and then stood in front of the press and took zero responsibility.

That kid is not and will never be a winner, and he will tank every front office that ties themselves to him. He's Josh Rosen. He's a GM and coach killer.

They should trade him in the offseason for whatever they can get.

He isn't worth anything if you give up on him.

If he fails then Saleh is getting fired next year.

I'm not saying he will succeed. The point is development of the QB is one of the top responsibilities as the HC. If you can't do it you're not going to be working long.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:32 PM 11-21-2022
I get it. As a fan its fun to live in the moment and want to burn the witches.

It just is absolutely not how an actual GM or coach should think. Because if they think like Joe Fan they will soon be sitting in the stands with the fans.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:32 PM 11-21-2022
No, how is saying the OC sucks apologizing?
Well, if the OC's job is to draw up plays to get people open, then the problem was not the OC.

Guys were open, Wilson just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Now if you want to talk about how putrid his mechanics are, and blame that on the OC/QB coach, sure, I might listen to that argument. Because that kid thinks he can Mahomes shit and he cannot.

He was missing guys that were open all game long. I kept watching because it was just shocking to see. I liked him coming out, too.

But the line in the sand is the post game attitude. No responsibility. Fuck that kid. LAUNCH HIM OUT OF THE BUILDING ASAP
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:35 PM 11-21-2022
He isn't worth anything if you give up on him.

If he fails then Saleh is getting fired next year.

I'm not saying he will succeed. The point is development of the QB is one of the top responsibilities as the HC. If you can't do it you're not going to be working long.
Firing Saleh over an entitled punk that won't take responsibility when they stink like rotten elephant ass would be monumentally stupid.

Saleh has that bottom feeding franchise at the point where merely competent QB play could get them into the play-offs. That's HUGE for as bad as they've been.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up