ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 163
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Womble 04:15 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by cj2wr:
Pulisic > Mason Mount
Christian looks better on YouTube highlights reels granted. Mount gets a lot of stick for being anonymous in some games but since he's been playing in the first team he's had at least 20 very good games whilst Pulisic has probably had about 6 or 7 in that same period. He's got all the ability but I just don't think he's mentally there.
[Reply]
Womble 04:17 PM 11-11-2022
Even when talking about 'soccer' I can find a way to call out CEH for being a complete JAG. He'd be useless at this sport too
[Reply]
TripleThreat 06:34 AM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
You're kidding yourself if you think you are competing at the highest level. Another Raiders style take unfortunately.
I have to disagree.

In 2014 the us was grouped with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal, and they advanced out of groups. If that’s not called competing at the highest level I don’t know what is.

I don’t think any betting man here or anyone would believe that the us can win the World Cup this year, but if it happened, people would only be surprised and if would probably take a few draws into shoot out wins to make it happen…

Just because you aren’t one of the favorites of the tournament doesn’t mean you’re not competing at the highest level…

If the us gets a draw against England or even upsets England, then are you changing your stance to both England and the us aren’t competing at the highest level?
[Reply]
cj2wr 01:30 PM 11-12-2022
Christian looks better on YouTube highlights reels granted. Mount gets a lot of stick for being anonymous in some games but since he's been playing in the first team he's had at least 20 very good games whilst Pulisic has probably had about 6 or 7 in that same period. He's got all the ability but I just don't think he's mentally there.
He gets wayyyyy less minutes and does more. Stopppppp
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 01:36 PM 11-12-2022
the thing about the world cup is you don't have to be great to make a deep run. turkey and south korea made the semis in 2002, and the US made the quarters. ghana was a penalty away from the semis in 2010, likewise for costa rica in 2014. none of these countries are top level or close to winning a world cup anytime soon. sure, we could go on a respectable run in this thing, but even if we do, it won't be overly indicative about the level of soccer in this country. it's just every world cup has a cinderella. the sports media in this country will never admit this for obvious reasons though.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:48 PM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
Exactly, a few of them weren't even born in America.
Just like the French team aka the French Foreign Legion.
[Reply]
Womble 06:00 PM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I have to disagree.

In 2014 the us was grouped with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal, and they advanced out of groups. If that’s not called competing at the highest level I don’t know what is.

I don’t think any betting man here or anyone would believe that the us can win the World Cup this year, but if it happened, people would only be surprised and if would probably take a few draws into shoot out wins to make it happen…

Just because you aren’t one of the favorites of the tournament doesn’t mean you’re not competing at the highest level…

If the us gets a draw against England or even upsets England, then are you changing your stance to both England and the us aren’t competing at the highest level?
You had no hope of winning the thing though despite getting through a tough group on paper. Have you ever heard of Tottenham Hotspur? Their fans still celebrate all their victories against teams bigger than them in the PL/Champions League. They haven't won anything meaningful since I've been born and yet they seem proud of that. It's pathetic. You're America, the Great. Don't be like Spurs.
[Reply]
Womble 06:03 PM 11-12-2022
The US has no chance of winning the world cup by the way. Their best player is a shitty bench player for my club and he's our equivalent of CEH. I'm not being a provocative wanker by the way, it's a fact. You lot need to group up for your time in 2026.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 06:09 PM 11-12-2022
The US has no chance of winning the world cup by the way. Their best player is a shitty bench player for my club and he's our equivalent of CEH. I'm not being a provocative wanker by the way, it's a fact. You lot need to group up for your time in 2026.
Pulisic wasn’t a bench player until he got hurt, and then they changed their scheme and since they replaced the coach, Pulisics been in the dog house and no one knows why.

I wouldn’t take prime Donovan and those teams over our team now tbh so not sure if you’re being biased for England but our team could literally play for our u-23 national team, yet they are playing for the big boy team instead, that’s how young this squad is.

Also the analysts agree with you about 2026 being our year, but that doesn’t mean this team cant or won’t make any noise in this World Cup.

Another poster put it best, this squad can fizzle out in groups or make a run to quarters. Neither would be surprising since we are such a dark horse for this tournament and from what I’ve read, true England insiders don’t like having to face our squad exactly for that reason.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 06:11 PM 11-12-2022
You had no hope of winning the thing though despite getting through a tough group on paper. Have you ever heard of Tottenham Hotspur? Their fans still celebrate all their victories against teams bigger than them in the PL/Champions League. They haven't won anything meaningful since I've been born and yet they seem proud of that. It's pathetic. You're America, the Great. Don't be like Spurs.
I’m confused as to your point, because you’re saying we had no chance of winning it all, and we also aren’t competing at the highest level, well which is it? You can say “both” but if that’s your answer, please see below my question for the second time.

I asked you if we beat you (England) or draw, does that mean you guys also aren’t competing at the highest level? After all, if we can’t compete at the highest level, y’all shouldn’t finish with a draw against the us because we are so inferior, so as I said, what’s your stance if we draw or upset England?
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:23 PM 11-12-2022
He comments sometimes about wanting to be a regular to play himself into form, but you get minutes by being productive and he hasn’t been for some time. I don’t think Pulisic’s good enough for Chelsea, honestly. He might have been better off at Dortmund
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:28 PM 11-12-2022
Adams and Aaronson made it to the break healthy, though Adams was sent off today for a silly second yellow. Aaronson seems like a decent player though.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 06:39 PM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Adams and Aaronson made it to the break healthy, though Adams was sent off today for a silly second yellow. Aaronson seems like a decent player though.
Reyna is looking good as well.

I know this is going to sound stupid as hell, but our guys have a lot of good fifa ratings for fifa 23 lmao. They have higher ratings than other players that people are gushing over.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:35 PM 11-12-2022
The two words after competing are 'to win'. You aren't doing that yet. Maybe after your world cup in 2026 there will be a big 'soccer' boom and you end up with generation who can realistically challenge to win a world cup. But you aren't remotely close to that yet if you're honest.
A Chelsea fan acting like a cunt. *shocking*
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:47 PM 11-12-2022
Are you planning on acting like a troll in every thread on this site? Like is that your goal? I'm perfectly fine with someone posting stuff I don't agree with or even do agree with but don't like to hear but my goodness man. What a start to your time here.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 163
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up