ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:00 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Like Jason was saying, it has the highest chance of success when you just need 1 yard. I think if it was a playoff game in a crucial situation Reid would run it.

That's fascinating. There's a bit of a question of causation there - if a team completely stopped running inside zone, would the success rates in other areas go down - but regardless it definitely seems like there's at least an argument that there should be a lot more variety in play calling.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:08 PM 09-22-2022
Exactly. When teams know you'll never run the QB sneak, it makes the %s of all the other options go down.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:11 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Exactly. When teams know you'll never run the QB sneak, it makes the %s of all the other options go down.
While this is absolutely true!

What having Patrick Mahomes playing QB does to all percentages of winning the game, far out weighs any ONE play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:13 PM 09-22-2022
Honestly, I'd go back to it.

It's such a typically 'safe' play. So few quarterbacks are ever hurt doing it.

Now - ask yourself how PM or Kelce or any of the guys who were his teammates would feel about it. Those guys SAW him laying there writhing in pain with his fucking leg on backwards....

There's probably a visceral human reaction for those guys. It's not rational and they probably know it. It's just a moment they'd really prefer not have to think about again so they just don't...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
While this is absolutely true!

What having Patrick Mahomes playing QB does to all percentages of winning the game, far out weighs any ONE play.
Combined probability needs to be considered here.

Look at the history of QB Sneaks. PM is as likely to get hurt on a rollout looking for a dagger route to open up as he is on another QB sneak.

Meanwhile the odds of converting with the sneak are probably 2-1 over the rollout.

When you're damn near multiplying by zero on his injury risk, shouldn't that weigh in pretty heavily in the calculus of what outweighs what?
[Reply]
jettio 04:23 PM 09-22-2022
Not calling QB sneaks may be a reason that Chiefs are so innovative in goal line offense.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:11 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Not calling QB sneaks may be a reason that Chiefs are so innovative in goal line offense.
Which is great fun when it's all working.

But when nothing is working, like most of the short yardage tries vs. SD, all that innovative stuff gets ugly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:25 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Like Jason was saying, it has the highest chance of success when you just need 1 yard. I think if it was a playoff game in a crucial situation Reid would run it.

I’m hoping he is saving it for the right moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 06:03 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Honestly, I'd go back to it.

It's such a typically 'safe' play. So few quarterbacks are ever hurt doing it.

Now - ask yourself how PM or Kelce or any of the guys who were his teammates would feel about it. Those guys SAW him laying there writhing in pain with his fucking leg on backwards....

There's probably a visceral human reaction for those guys. It's not rational and they probably know it. It's just a moment they'd really prefer not have to think about again so they just don't...
On the flip side maybe they'd push so hard that he'd pop out and run for a TD even if we're doing it at the 50 yard line :-)
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:39 AM 09-23-2022
All for a sneak on 4th and 1
Would never call a designed run for Mahomey
The scramble sneak should be his go to in critical ganes only
Only show the Ace when you must
[Reply]
Indian Chief 06:14 AM 09-23-2022
How many 4th and 1s do the Chiefs have in a season? Because that's when you're running it. Maybe there are more than I realize, but I can't recall too many.
[Reply]
jettio 03:15 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:

I think Mahomes is always guaranteed his current season and his next season, so it is never going to be a problem.

Teams should not guarantee 3rd and 4th years because if there is nothing in the cap rules that let a team restore cap dollars being paid to a guy with a catastrophic injury.

Players could insure against catastrophic injury for years 3 and 4 if they find an insurance company willing to issue a policy. It is selfish to act like team should be forced to guarantee to pay you for 4 years even if you are not able to play years 3 and 4.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:38 PM 09-23-2022
Mahomes has taken many hard hits already this season. A QB sneak is nothing compared to those hits.

The coaches shouldn't let a freak occurrence take over their common sense. Enough of this old lady superstitious bullshit.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:46 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What if I told you EVERYTIME he scrambles outside of the pocket he has a better chance to get injured than on a QB ****ing sneak. Want to ban him from doing that? Lets just get him a chair he can sit on after they hike it to him. He will still have the arm strength to throw it 40 yards.
What if I told you the two things were comparing apples and oranges?

Some people just wanna see Mahomes under a pile of bodies.

Those people are reeruns.
[Reply]
srvy 04:52 PM 09-23-2022
Will a dislocated knee ever be the same?
The initial injury can have lasting consequences, as these dislocations can cause loose fragments of cartilage or bone in the knee joint, and patients with a prior history of patellar dislocation are more likely to have repeat dislocations in the future, either in the same or opposite knee.

Why take the chance for god sake? If Pat goes down so goes the season with the AFC west being so talented. Protect its most talented player.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up