ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:41 PM 09-02-2022
Matt Moore is currently a free agent....just a phone call away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_M...rican_football)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:08 PM 09-02-2022
we ran him alot his first couple years
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:20 PM 09-02-2022
If he's going to do read-option runs where he gets nailed by defenders, I see no reason why a QB sneak should be off limits. Mahomes has been banged up several times. It wasn't just the QB sneak. If anything that was a fluke that's unlikely to result in another injury. He's more likely to get hurt on a sack or hit while scrambling.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:53 PM 09-02-2022
I am willing to sign a league minimum contract to be the designated QB sneaker. If this thread reaches 200 posts it WILL happen!!!!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09-03-2022, 01:27 AM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia. Reason: Wrong thread
srvy 01:29 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do I think it's a particularly risky play because of one freak accident? No.

But do I think our offense suffers much without it in the playbook? Nah.
Once you dislocate a knee it becomes very easy to do it again and again.

My daughter dislocated her knee on a trampoline. Ever since it's a common thing to pop out. It's strange it works its way back in but it's a week or two of discomfort. There is surgery but it seems it's hit or miss that it is completely successful.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:27 AM 09-03-2022
I don't want Pat at the bottom of a pile.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:57 AM 09-03-2022
Maybe you pull it out for a much needed conversion in the SB but otherwise hell no.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do I think it's a particularly risky play because of one freak accident? No.

But do I think our offense suffers much without it in the playbook? Nah.
Yeah, it was a freak thing. Maybe Mahomes doesnt want to do it again? But, I doubt it.

Burton has proven again and again that he can get a yard running behind Creed/Thuney/Trey. Even against stacked lines.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 09-03-2022
Intellectually, I understand that it's a low injury probability.

Emotionally, I don't want to see it.

Being a sports fan is an emotional hobby.

Big fat NOPE.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:26 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Once you dislocate a knee it becomes very easy to do it again and again.

My daughter dislocated her knee on a trampoline. Ever since it's a common thing to pop out. It's strange it works its way back in but it's a week or two of discomfort. There is surgery but it seems it's hit or miss that it is completely successful.
Ok, and honest question here:

Is a QB sneak at higher risk for a dislocated knee than a sack or QB take down on a passing play or being tackled trying to run it in for a TD?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:19 PM 09-03-2022
The odds of Pat getting injured on another QB sneak are about as good as the odds of him being hit by lightning. It's a non-issue.

And to be frank, at some point in his likely very long career he's just going to be required to run QB sneaks. Might as well let him get comfortable now.

Honestly, I'd be happier if Andy just started calling for them whenever it's appropriate. Familiarity will mitigate most of the risk, and Andy can stop having to come up with some cutesy trick play for 3rd/4th and 2.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:28 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Intellectually, I understand that it's a low injury probability.

Emotionally, I don't want to see it.

Being a sports fan is an emotional hobby.

Big fat NOPE
This is why coaches always used to punt on fourth and one even when the wonks/stats said you could win more games going for it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:34 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why?

The handoff to Burton up the middle is money.
Has literally never failed.
[Reply]
srvy 01:53 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Ok, and honest question here:

Is a QB sneak at higher risk for a dislocated knee than a sack or QB take down on a passing play or being tackled trying to run it in for a TD?
I don't know, but the fact that they haven't tried is probably that the team doctors have told Andy not to risk it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:46 PM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
This is why coaches always used to punt on fourth and one even when the wonks/stats said you could win more games going for it.
Yep.

I still say NOPE
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up