ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 432
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:01 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Cant disagree with any of that. I was hopeful Clemence would take a big leap, but in the back of my mind I always knew he wasn't really the type of big that thrives around here.
Clemence has “transfer to Gonzaga” written all over him
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Clemence has “transfer to Gonzaga” written all over him
100%
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:04 PM 11-28-2022
Clemence will probably be transferring out of here soon enough. No place for a no-defense shooting big who can't actually shoot on this team.

Self is gonna have to pick one of Ejiofor or Udeh to start getting extended minutes (15+) a game soon. Right now, it should be Ejiofor.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:09 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Clemence has “transfer to Gonzaga” Mo Statewritten all over him
Fixed
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:10 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KJ has a 9.1 DR%, which is worse than Gradey Dick. He is awful at the defensive boards and that has killed us in a lot of games so far.

Self continues playing him because he's the only one not making mistakes out there but that won't be good enough against better teams.

Correct ^
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:16 PM 11-28-2022
MJ Rice being able to shoot 3s could change the season's trajectory.
I’ve been thinking that he’s going to have to be the one to emerge as a third scorer, and tonight was a good step in that direction.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:13 AM 11-30-2022
They need to solve the KJ Adams problem by conference play. And if it isn't going to happen with the bigs, maybe it can happen with him (by playing the small lineup with Wilson at the 5 assuming Rice is a legit offensive option).
From my perspective, KJ Adams isn't a problem, and I bet Bill Self shares my opinion. He plays hard and is an explosive athlete. (I do hate his short arms though)

There isn't another player on the team that puts forth the effort that Adams does, and Self has always valued, and rewarded players like that.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:55 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
From my perspective, KJ Adams isn't a problem, and I bet Bill Self shares my opinion. He plays hard and is an explosive athlete. (I do hate his short arms though)

There isn't another player on the team that puts forth the effort that Adams does, and Self has always valued, and rewarded players like that.

A 6’7 center who can’t score or rebound is not ideal. He needs to be coming off the bench.

So far this is looking like a recruiting failure. If Clemence is a bad fit and the freshmen aren’t ready this season, they should have snagged somebody from the portal.

Hopefully Cam Martin can provide something. I have a feeling he’ll be way more productive than these guys, despite being dismissed by the entire fanbase.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:37 AM 11-30-2022
KJ has a 9.1 DR%, which is worse than Gradey Dick. He is awful at the defensive boards and that has killed us in a lot of games so far.

Self continues playing him because he's the only one not making mistakes out there but that won't be good enough against better teams.
I'm not getting this as all. He should play the same role as last year.

Clemence will probably be transferring out of here soon enough. No place for a no-defense shooting big who can't actually shoot on this team.

Self is gonna have to pick one of Ejiofor or Udeh to start getting extended minutes (15+) a game soon. Right now, it should be Ejiofor.
Teah, Clemence is gone after this season. Adams to the bench and Ejiofor or Udeh getting more minutes sounds good to me.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:20 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
A 6’7 center who can’t score or rebound is not ideal. He needs to be coming off the bench.

So far this is looking like a recruiting failure. If Clemence is a bad fit and the freshmen aren’t ready this season, they should have snagged somebody from the portal.

Hopefully Cam Martin can provide something. I have a feeling he’ll be way more productive than these guys, despite being dismissed by the entire fanbase.
I've been laughed at for suggesting Cam Martin will contribute. I guess it remains to be seen if it does happen, but at this point, we need him to do so.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:08 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've been laughed at for suggesting Cam Martin will contribute. I guess it remains to be seen if it does happen, but at this point, we need him to do so.
I hope he can rebound.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:33 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I hope he can rebound.
He had decent rebounding numbers, albeit at MIAA level. That 45% from 3 number is the one I'm hoping still matters.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:43 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

He does what he can but he's a huge problem playing this many minutes as it completely limits their ceiling as a team on both ends. Nobody guards him on the offensive end and he's a terrible rebounder defensively.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:26 PM 11-30-2022
He does what he can but he's a huge problem playing this many minutes as it completely limits their ceiling as a team on both ends. Nobody guards him on the offensive end and he's a terrible rebounder defensively.
KJ Adams has Sasha Kaun’s skill set in Draymon Green’s body
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:34 AM 12-01-2022
That game against Indiana is going to be crazy. The Hoosier looked really good against UNC.

[Reply]
Page 96 of 432
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Up