Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Depending on where it is, agree completely. If it Missouri Western (for example) then I’m not sure that’s a Drink thing. If it’s like an iowa state then absolutely.
Lmao, I mean a D1 school.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If Macon goes somewhere and becomes a decent starter, then Drink needs shit canned.
I wouldn't worry about that.

Macon can't throw. I'd be surprised if he's even a quality backup for a P5 team.

He reminds me of Trent Hosick. Considered a solid get at the time; a 'dual threat' player. And the moment you saw him throw you knew this kid was never playing QB for a DI school.

Macon's just not a good enough passer. He's not Hosick bad, but he's bad.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:51 AM 12-02-2022
Mizzou ducking KU in the LIberty bowl.

Per @Brett_McMurphy, this is why #KUfball won’t be playing Missouri in a bowl game this year. �� pic.twitter.com/RLS2NSallq

— Michael Swain (@MSwain247) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
kstater 11:56 AM 12-02-2022
Don't want to lose to both Kansas schools in same year

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:33 PM 12-02-2022
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with playing KU football and everything to do with MU wanting the Vegas Bowl and not the Liberty Bowl.

Vegas Bowl is on Dec 17th and Liberty Bowl is on Dec 28th. They'd rather play early and be home with family for the holidays. They don't want to be away from family on Christmas for some rinky dink bowl game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:38 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Mizzou ducking KU in the LIberty bowl.

That's embarrassing
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:48 PM 12-02-2022
If had any truth to it, sure :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:57 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fake news claims? McMurphy is one of the best NCAAF reporters out there with a great track record. No reason to think he got this one wrong.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:03 PM 12-02-2022
nobody is scared of the beakers

Not True … looking forward to our bowl game vs. any team! https://t.co/dlHGGEpIvt

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) December 2, 2022

is that reply official enough?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:06 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Fake news claims? McMurphy is one of the best NCAAF reporters out there with a great track record. No reason to think he got this one wrong.
Sure. He can only report what sources tell him but that doesn't mean his sources are right.

If MU was spooked by KU, why the fuck would they be playing them in basketball?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:18 PM 12-02-2022
Now Mizzou just looks like a bunch of bitter pussies. Embarrassing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:52 PM 12-02-2022
Sure. He can only report what sources tell him but that doesn't mean his sources are right.

If MU was spooked by KU, why the fuck would they be playing them in basketball?
You think you have something to lose playing us in football?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:53 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
nobody is scared of the beakers

is that reply official enough?
Sure, if they said bring on Kansas it would be. Instead they went with the political avoidance vague statement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM 12-02-2022
I'm sure there's plenty.

KC is a pretty nice little recruiting area for Mizzou and one they're doing well in. Right now they can go into the same home as KU and say "Hey, in a disappointing season we put up the same record out of the SEC as KU did in their best year in decades out of the Big 12..."

Unless....they lose.

And what's a win accomplish in that meeting? Nothing much, really - you're recruiting on the conference strength, the prospect of an ascending program and the ability to stay close to home. None of those things change if they win. But hey - if they lose, now KU can recruit on that ascending program thing stronger than you can, they can offer a place close to home AND they can say "Hey, how great can the SEC be if we beat a similarly situated team head up?"

It's a recruiting thing, IMO. Mizzou is going to be missing its best receiver and probably more than that, including a key defender or two, IIRC. You don't really want to be staking recruiting momentum on that kind of exhibition, not when it's that close to home.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:14 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You think you have something to lose playing us in football?
In an irrelevant bowl game where both of half the teams will hold out for the draft or transfer portal? No.

You'd have to be a fucking moron to think otherwise.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm sure there's plenty.

KC is a pretty nice little recruiting area for Mizzou and one they're doing well in. Right now they can go into the same home as KU and say "Hey, in a disappointing season we put up the same record out of the SEC as KU did in their best year in decades out of the Big 12..."

Unless....they lose.

And what's a win accomplish in that meeting? Nothing much, really - you're recruiting on the conference strength, the prospect of an ascending program and the ability to stay close to home. None of those things change if they win. But hey - if they lose, now KU can recruit on that ascending program thing stronger than you can, they can offer a place close to home AND they can say "Hey, how great can the SEC be if we beat a similarly situated team head up?"

It's a recruiting thing, IMO. Mizzou is going to be missing its best receiver and probably more than that, including a key defender or two, IIRC. You don't really want to be staking recruiting momentum on that kind of exhibition, not when it's that close to home.
What is this. I don't even. :-)
[Reply]
Page 73 of 109
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up