ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 71
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
As I was watching I kept thinking "last years team loses this game". Every time they would hit a couple threes & close to single digits Mizzou would answer with solid offensive possessions to re widen the gap.

Last years team would have definitely folded to one of those runs. I do think part of the amount of threes they made had to do with Mizzou still figuring out the switching defense they're running, but even leaving people wide open most teams won't shoot over 80% from three for a half.
Exactly.

I mean wide open shooters in college don't hit that ball 85% of the time.

Basic regression probably takes at least 9 points off the board and a 15 point win in a debut is a cruise.

It was a good first step. I think Mizzou ends up a bubble team most of the year and eventually comes up short, but if Shaw is as advertised and the perimeter play (offense and defense) tightens up as one would expect, they could sneak in.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:55 AM 11-08-2022
I only was able to catch the second half last night (boy scouts. 10 7-year olds in a room. As fun as watching Kim Anderson coach basketball), but I liked several things:

1) Length and athleticism upgrades. This team is way longer and more athletic at every spot, and that is huge.

2) Versatility and skill upgrades. This team has more skilled players and more players who can do multiple things. It's a more modern hoops looking squad. So nice to NOT see some big lug get minutes just because he's large.

3) Pace and depth! Wow. They played a lot of guys, and I think the rotation will tighten up. But I really like what I saw from the squad. It can go 9-10 deep without making you cringe, and that's a major change.

Shaw's length and athleticism really popped off the screen. Kobe Brown looks like a really dynamic player when he has good players around him. I like East's ability to penetrate and distribute, and the little teardrop floater is (chef's kiss). With Mosely and Hodge, they have a pair of long wing scorers. Honor has a nice role as a spot-up shooter and secondary ball handler. I think we'll utlimately see the rotation tighten up and look like this:

Diarra/Shaw
Kobe Brown
Mosely
Hodge
East

Bench
Honor
Diarra/Shaw
Carter
Gholston
Gomillion

I'm not sure it's a tourney team, but it can get close. And will be more fun to watch than most Mizzou teams in the past decade.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:47 AM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

I mean wide open shooters in college don't hit that ball 85% of the time.

Basic regression probably takes at least 9 points off the board and a 15 point win in a debut is a cruise.

It was a good first step. I think Mizzou ends up a bubble team most of the year and eventually comes up short, but if Shaw is as advertised and the perimeter play (offense and defense) tightens up as one would expect, they could sneak in.
The 2015 Warriors wouldn't do that most nights
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 11-11-2022
So none of y'all have any reason to remember this guy, but Jed Frost, a walk-on for the '94 team that went undefeated in Big 8 play, killed his wife and committed suicide a couple days ago.

He coached my HS Basketball team; took us from a 1 win season to the state finals the following year. I had him for one of those blowoff gym classes my Senior year; kind of a surly guy but mostly just a forgettable washed up jock/HS Coach sort of gruff. Nothing of any note, really. Though he did make my buddy do pushups until he couldn't move his arms because he insisted on not wearing underwear to gym class and his dick fell out in the warm-up lines.

"Nobody wants to see your dick, son - so just !@#$ the floor for a bit if you can't figure out something better to do with it..."

So that's a thing that happened.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:00 PM 11-11-2022
So none of y'all have any reason to remember this guy, but Jed Frost, a walk-on for the '94 team that went undefeated in Big 8 play, killed his wife and committed suicide a couple days ago.

He coached my HS Basketball team; took us from a 1 win season to the state finals the following year. I had him for one of those blowoff gym classes my Senior year; kind of a surly guy but mostly just a forgettable washed up jock/HS Coach sort of gruff. Nothing of any note, really. Though he did make my buddy do pushups until he couldn't move his arms because he insisted on not wearing underwear to gym class and his dick fell out in the warm-up lines.

"Nobody wants to see your dick, son - so just !@#$ the floor for a bit if you can't figure out something better to do with it..."

So that's a thing that happened.
Shit man. I didn't realize you knew him. I have a few friends who had worked with him/covered him while he was coaching.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Shit man. I didn't realize you knew him. I have a few friends who had worked with him/covered him while he was coaching.
I hadn't given him any thought until I won a basketball signed by that '94 team and saw his name on it. "oh shit, it's Coach Frost!"

First time I'd thought about him in a decade. Last time for another decade. So it's hard to say I 'knew' him really.

But hey - that's the 2nd dude I've conversed with who murdered someone. I had the most bizarre conversation of my life in Atlanta before the SEC Championship game against Auburn with none other than Ryan Ferguson. We were pretty sure we knew who he was, but he introduced himself as Robert or some shit like that.

Then he started trying to get us to talk shit on Kevin Crain because we were from Columbia and he found out I was an attorney. Then after like an hour of just generally being weird at the bar, he 'fessed up'. Fucking weird cat.

He absolutely killed Heitholt.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:35 PM 11-11-2022
I hadn't given him any thought until I won a basketball signed by that '94 team and saw his name on it. "oh shit, it's Coach Frost!"

First time I'd thought about him in a decade. Last time for another decade. So it's hard to say I 'knew' him really.

But hey - that's the 2nd dude I've conversed with who murdered someone. I had the most bizarre conversation of my life in Atlanta before the SEC Championship game against Auburn with none other than Ryan Ferguson. We were pretty sure we knew who he was, but he introduced himself as Robert or some shit like that.

Then he started trying to get us to talk shit on Kevin Crain because we were from Columbia and he found out I was an attorney. Then after like an hour of just generally being weird at the bar, he 'fessed up'. ****ing weird cat.

I knew Ferguson, too. He was buddies with a bunch of my townie COMO Rock Bridge friends, and a J-School pal was part of the team that helped him get exonerated (and also was on his short-lived show on MTV).

Of course, my knowledge of him was pre-Kent's murder (I was in J-school at the time of that and had met him. Nicest guy in the world.)

Re: Frost, it looks like the wife filed for divorce right before the murder-suicide. Sucks. They had a 9- and 5-year-old.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I knew Ferguson, too. He was buddies with a bunch of my townie COMO Rock Bridge friends, and a J-School pal was part of the team that helped him get exonerated (and also was on his short-lived show on MTV).

Of course, my knowledge of him was pre-Kent's murder (I was in J-school at the time of that and had met him. Nicest guy in the world.)

Re: Frost, it looks like the wife filed for divorce right before the murder-suicide. Sucks. They had a 9- and 5-year-old.
Drugs will fuck ya right up...

Yeah, the Frost thing is pretty much one of those worst case scenario sorts of things. I just don't think there's any way to really identify that kind of darkness.

"Signs of Depression" and what not happen all the time, especially when financial hardship and divorce are in play. But they don't often yield that. It just seems completely unpredictable when things go THAT far.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:34 PM 11-11-2022
Anyone got a stream?

My go-to's are coming up blank. Is it even televised in Columbia?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:36 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Anyone got a stream?

It's on ESPN+. You can get it Disney plus and Hulu in a package for like $13.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:38 PM 11-11-2022
DJLN, Duncan, anyone else that might know.

Whats going on with Isiaih Mosley?
[Reply]
Beerthirty 09:18 PM 11-11-2022
He s got to be better than Kobe Browns brother
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 10:07 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
DJLN, Duncan, anyone else that might know.

Whats going on with Isiaih Mosley?
I read on TB that he was riding the bench for skipping some classes. But, it’s TB so caveat emptor.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 10:09 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Anyone got a stream?

Just saw this… my go-to for streams is vipbox dot tv. Lots of ads to navigate but if you figure that out the streams are usually quality
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:34 PM 11-11-2022
Ryan Ferguson.

We were pretty sure we knew who he was, but he introduced himself as Robert or some shit like that.

Then he started trying to get us to talk shit on Kevin Crain because we were from Columbia and he found out I was an attorney. Then after like an hour of just generally being weird at the bar, he 'fessed up'. Fucking weird cat.

WTF?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 71
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up