ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>I don’t know that I love my new job
KCrockaholic 11:11 PM 11-29-2022
So long story short, the building that I specifically maintained and worked on was shut down as a Covid casualty and sold to a car dealership (which plans to demolish the building. It’s on the west side of 67th and I-35 for the locals). I’ve been working there for approximately 5 years.

I truly enjoyed my time there but the deal is I was contracted through a company that doesn’t do what I did. Now to find my new role within the company I have taken a slight demotion in role and am basically attempting to learn an entirely new field and it’s cool to learn new things. It’s commercial HVAC. Not easy by any means, but I got my EPA cert and all that good stuff so far. But I don’t love what I’m doing anymore. And that part is worrisome. I want to stick around because I think the upside of the work is amazing if I can stick through it all, but truthfully it’s not that fun to me.

My main question for you guys is what made you fall in love with your craft/job/expertise? I wanna love what I do, and it’s been discouraging to not feel that way as much lately despite the fact I do like the company I work for. I need to find my trigger that’ll ignite my passion.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 PM 11-30-2022
I'm on my second 6 month sabbatical in 5 years and trying to find a way to stay out of work longer.

I need only 2 1/2 years until I quit working forever.

I've worked 2 lifetimes already so I'm more than done.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:51 PM 11-30-2022
I love my job, but it's still work.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:53 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm on my second 6 month sabbatical in 5 years and trying to find a way to stay out of work longer.

I need only 2 1/2 years until I quit working forever.

I've worked 2 lifetimes already so I'm more than done.
Find a job that can help you help others. Especially the youth.
Be Choosy.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up