ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 56
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:35 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Like Skyy, he must be showing something in practice everyday.

I refuse to believe they’re putting out the same product day-in and day-out that they’re giving us on game day and still being relied on so heavily..
I just meant he's made of glass. I'm sure his explosiveness shines in practice
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:42 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I just meant he's made of glass. I'm sure his explosiveness shines in practice
Oh, well, yeah, that too. Not sure why they thought he’d make it through the year in tact.

Although I guess they weren’t entirely wrong. He’s played in 13 games this season… and only has 200 total yards from scrimmage.

That is gross..
[Reply]
Balto 01:21 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
For all intents and purposes none of these things kept us from signing a WR. We could have signed one and structured the deal to still be under the cap if we wanted to at any time. I mean, Hopkins has a 3 mil cap hit this year. There's 100% chance we could have found a way to make that cap hit work if we wanted to.

And our cap hit went down from Chris Jones deal so no, he for sure didn't keep us from signing anyone.
Ok whatever. You literary just posted and blamed the Taylor over OBJ signing the reason for not being able to get a WR. So now your saying it wasn't?

Also we had I believe something like $300k or some even suggested negative cap when all the talk about Hopkins was going down.

To answer your other question. I truly believe that the rumors of Hopkins wanting to come to KC were true but knew it would not happen until Jones was figured out. Thats why he waited so long to sign with the Titans.

Regardless OBJ or Taylor had nothing to do with Veach getting a Vet WR like JuJu or Hopkins or anyone else. If anything a person could argue that Veach thought Jones deal would get done and going with Taylor over OBJ for about half the salary cap hit in 2023 was a bonus to go get a Vet WR to pair with the youngsters.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:06 PM 12-20-2023
Or restructure Mahomes for a couple million and sign DHop .
You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. You, and the other morons, have been told many many times that the window to move Mahomes money around had passed. Now :-) about this and move on you dumb fucking whiny little bitch ass.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:27 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Huh? That was Trey Smith constantly getting wrecked, not Taylor.
Taylor got wrecked too. The KC lab guys were talking about how bad it was and they hope he bounces back.

Dead last on PFF:

Chiefs PFF grades vs the Patriots.

Great games Sneed and Jones. Danna continues to be sneaky.

Offensive line had some issues, continuing theme for Jawaan Taylor pic.twitter.com/Gr6wZW75qQ

— Shaun Newkirk (@Shauncore) December 18, 2023

[Reply]
-King- 11:56 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. You, and the other morons, have been told many many times that the window to move Mahomes money around had passed. Now :-) about this and move on you dumb fucking whiny little bitch ass.
What window? Genuinely asking because they did go on to move Mahomes' money around after the Chris Jones deal.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 AM 12-21-2023
What window? Genuinely asking because they did go on to move Mahomes' money around after the Chris Jones deal.
They gave him a new deal so that allowed the money to be moved Iirc
[Reply]
-King- 08:10 AM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They gave him a new deal so that allowed the money to be moved Iirc
He didn't get a new deal. Just restructured his current deal
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 12-21-2023
He didn't get a new deal. Just restructured his current deal
For them to open money via his previous mechanism, it had to have been done by a certain date.

They essentially did a new deal and moved that date to later if I'm remembering correctly, while moving money to increase his pay. It wasn't a "restructure" in the normal sense.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 12-21-2023
From my reading, Mahomes people wanted to wait on Burrows deal to get done first, so when was that done?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:58 AM 12-21-2023
They moved $12 million on March 15th. They could not go and revisit to move again without it affecting his new restructure. So the window was closed.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:33 AM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, it was the Jones ordeal that did away with adding a WR.
Jones + the MVS deal from the year before.
[Reply]
-King- 10:42 AM 12-21-2023
They moved $12 million on March 15th. They could not go and revisit to move again without it affecting his new restructure. So the window was closed.
Are you just making up rules as you go along?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:36 AM 12-21-2023
Are you just making up rules as you go along?
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 12:19 PM 12-21-2023
:-)
Can you cite this window? Hey, you could be 100% right. I just haven't seen anything like that.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 56
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up