ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 01:38 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I know I have him friended on FB, but can't think of his real name for the life of me. At one time, he lived in the same small town as me, in fact within a mile of each other. I never did get the chance to meet up with him before he moved away.
Check your rep. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:42 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Check your rep. :-)
Thanks, but I guess I didn't have him in my list.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:57 PM 03-03-2020
I read this when it posted....had to take a day to think about it because of the illness that took him.

When I first was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and posted about it and my ancillary health issues he sent a private message that helped me realize that it wasn't doom and gloom. He talked about his issues and how he still managed to enjoy life in his own way....just altered to live within his capacity.

We weren't close by any means, but this still hits hard and reminds me of my own mortality.

Rest in Peace FMB....go to your eternal reward knowing you helped others with all your positives.

And will say a prayer for Mrs. FMB for strength....and remember to send a local donation to the Diabetes Foundation.
[Reply]
007 06:04 PM 03-03-2020
this was just posted. Name removed for now but I'm sure several here already know it.

I lieu of flowers, I would ask that you donate to either the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation to honor FMB and help save the lives of those suffering from diabetes and kidney failure.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:29 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
this was just posted. Name removed for now but I'm sure several here already know it.

I lieu of flowers, I would ask that you donate to either the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation to honor FMB and help save the lives of those suffering from diabetes and kidney failure.
Thanks so much for posting this. I had been looking for this information. Appreciate it.
[Reply]
luv 08:55 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by 007:

Yeah. I say we get started on this. But I don't want to be responsible for the collection of money. Any volunteers? DaFace did awesome with the ticket money. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 06:41 PM 03-04-2020
Yeah. I say we get started on this. But I don't want to be responsible for the collection of money. Any volunteers? DaFace did awesome with the ticket money. :-)
If there's a good reason to coordinate I'd be happy to do so, but it seems like it'd be easier for people to just donate directly.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:19 PM 03-03-2020
Reading that FB post by his wife was pretty gut-wrenching. He sounds like a better man than I ever was. I can't imagine what his family is going through, and I hope that they can find a way to move on.
[Reply]
Buck 07:32 PM 03-03-2020
This was crushing news to see while checking CP.

RIP FMB
[Reply]
Fish 11:28 PM 03-03-2020
Dang. RIP FMB.
[Reply]
luv 09:02 AM 03-04-2020
Also from his obit:

He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:05 PM 03-04-2020
Also from his obit:

He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet.
Super glad he was able to enjoy the big game from home
[Reply]
luv 01:05 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Super glad he was able to enjoy the big game from home
Also from his obit, he died from an apparent heart attack. I know he'd been in the hospital recently for other things, but it sounds like this was unexpected.
[Reply]
scho63 01:22 PM 03-04-2020
Also from his obit, he died from an apparent heart attack. I know he'd been in the hospital recently for other things, but it sounds like this was unexpected.
Diabetes causes heart attacks. My best friend had one about 7-8 months ago and then they discovered he had diabetes that they say was the cause.

Just sad all the way around for his family.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:21 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Diabetes causes heart attacks. My best friend had one about 7-8 months ago and then they discovered he had diabetes that they say was the cause.

Just sad all the way around for his family.
So far this year three people I know have suffered heart attacks. Two survived, one didn't. The guy who didn't survive was a type 1 diabetic.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up