ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 200
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:56 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

When you don't have to score 50 points every game like Mahomes did last year, it increases your chances of winning.
How many starts did he have then? Was was.Mannings numbers his first year starting?

This guy is so retarded I wouldn't be shocked if that's his real name.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:01 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I think OKC may find a limited market for trading Russell Westbrook... especially if they are looking for a significant return.

What current top-tier contender is going to trade for Westbrook and disrupt their entire offense with his style of play?

Unless Westbrook is willing to adjust his style of play (doubtful), there is probably only a limited current trade market for him... maybe a fringe playoff team such as Miami or a team like the Knicks who are desperate for any type of big name player.

The biggest impediment is going to be his super max contract.

2019 - $38M
2020 - $41M
2021- $44M
2022 - $47M (player option)
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:03 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Legend

Makes up for the Celts repeatedly handing him his ass as a player.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:10 PM 07-06-2019
The Clippers gave up more so they wouldn’t have to take Westbrook’s contract. He’s a negative player now at that money.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:23 PM 07-06-2019
LeBron is a legend in his own right but will never touch MJ status... ever
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 05:40 PM 07-06-2019
The Clippers gave up more so they wouldn’t have to take Westbrook’s contract. He’s a negative player now at that money.
Wut? The Clippers couldn't even match salary for that to happen for both George and Westbrook.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:53 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I think OKC may find a limited market for trading Russell Westbrook... especially if they are looking for a significant return.

What current top-tier contender is going to trade for Westbrook and disrupt their entire offense with his style of play?

Unless Westbrook is willing to adjust his style of play (doubtful), there is probably only a limited current trade market for him... maybe a fringe playoff team such as Miami or a team like the Knicks who are desperate for any type of big name player.
With all the picks OKC just acquired, you trade Westbrook just to bottom out. The team needs a complete tear down. If you can find someone to take him, just move him, because he is good enough to get them out of the lottery.

Westbrook, Adams, Schroder, and Gallinari are making $100 million this year. That is insane.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:57 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Wut? The Clippers couldn't even match salary for that to happen for both George and Westbrook.
I thought for sure I read that in one of these various articles, but you’re right, that wouldn’t make sense.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:10 PM 07-06-2019
Raptors didn’t actually win the title, they had the 3rd best pythag
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:11 PM 07-06-2019
I thought for sure I read that in one of these various articles, but you’re right, that wouldn’t make sense.
If Westbrook got to Miami, Miami could just loosen the protections on the OKC picks that were shifted to them from LAC. I don't even though if they have players to match salary.

Dallas does. I think Hardaway plus some fillers could do it along with a first round pick, but that Hardaway contract is an atrocity.

I do feel bad for Russ. It's amazing to me that George and his agent haven't taken more heat for making 2 trade demands by 2 different teams in 2 years when he had 3 years remaining on his deal for this one.

If LeBron or Klutch did that, they'd be roasted across the country.
[Reply]
Miles 06:16 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Is it not possible to appreciate both MJ and LeBron? I think Jordan is the best ever, but I'm not going to denigrate LeBron in order to prove that point. Most importantly, bashing one or the other only blinds you to the fleeting nature (and the privilege) that was watching them play.

I miss Jordan. I'm going to really miss LeBron. I'm lucky I got to see both of them play. Enjoy the nuance of the difference in their games and their unique brilliance and you'll find that watching basketball becomes far more fun, because it's about enjoying athletic artistry, not winning an internet argument.
Excellent summary of my thoughts as well.
[Reply]
Miles 06:22 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
With all the picks OKC just acquired, you trade Westbrook just to bottom out. The team needs a complete tear down. If you can find someone to take him, just move him, because he is good enough to get them out of the lottery.

Westbrook, Adams, Schroder, and Gallinari are making $100 million this year. That is insane.
Gallinari would seem to be a good one to flip for some other expiring and picks. Probably all depends on Westbrook though since they probably have enough to be competitive but in no way matter with what they have.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:24 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Legend

Arguably the greatest overall person the NBA has ever had. HOF player, the source of the NBA logo, and arguably the greatest if not one of the greatest GMs of all time. Amazing the impact he has had on the NBA.
[Reply]
Miles 06:26 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
If Westbrook got to Miami, Miami could just loosen the protections on the OKC picks that were shifted to them from LAC. I don't even though if they have players to match salary.

Dallas does. I think Hardaway plus some fillers could do it along with a first round pick, but that Hardaway contract is an atrocity.

I do feel bad for Russ. It's amazing to me that George and his agent haven't taken more heat for making 2 trade demands by 2 different teams in 2 years when he had 3 years remaining on his deal for this one.

If LeBron or Klutch did that, they'd be roasted across the country.
Yeah think it’s being glossed over by the enormous haul they got form George. Pretty incredible to demand a trade 1 year into a contract after all the stuff about wanting to stay and play with Russ still pretty fresh. Particularly with George being hurt being a definite issue with their playoff hopes last year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:30 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Raptors didn’t actually win the title, they had the 3rd best pythag
Didn’t you already make this post?
[Reply]
Page 194 of 200
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198 > Last »
Up