ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:31 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Taylor is playing RT next year. They aren’t going to draft another OT that high.
Yep, Morris is your LT next year and Taylor will stay on the right side. They are banking on Wanya taking that role. Financially, they need him to.
[Reply]
Palangi 02:35 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yep, Morris is your LT next year and Taylor will stay on the right side. They are banking on Wanya taking that role. Financially, they need him to.
Give him his shot. He played there his freshman and sophomore year in the SEC.
Financially it makes too much sense also
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 11-28-2023
Yeah, if you could get him to play a good solid LT, not elite, just be.....what a top 15ish LT in the league next year, you're just so far ahead financially.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:47 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Just not true at all.
I know... He was a snowplow on that first play... I even commented on it in the gameday thread how good he was on that play.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:55 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, if you could get him to play a good solid LT, not elite, just be.....what a top 15ish LT in the league next year, you're just so far ahead financially.
Donovan Smith is like 3rd in pressures given up and also has given up penalties. He hasn't been great by any means but looks much better compared to Orlando last year.

Doesn't feel like we need Wanya to be an ass kicker
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:25 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Donovan Smith is like 3rd in pressures given up and also has given up penalties. He hasn't been great by any means but looks much better compared to Orlando last year.

I'm honestly shocked Donovan has given up that many. Like you said, Brown must have really sucked shit because I feel like watching Smith is a drastic improvement. Wow.
[Reply]
O.city 03:46 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Yeah, I think you could get Smith level play from Wanya.

If so, it's gonna open them up to being able to pay Creed and maybe Smith although, I'm guessing they don't all get paid here.

But it definitely opens up money to go sign a weapon.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 04:00 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I felt like Taylor was going to transition to LT next season but damn man, the penalties are just so rough.

I don't know that they'll put him on an island like that.

Feels like he's good for 2 every week even AFTER you get past the Jax debacle. I suspect that's not the case and a lot of it seems to have ironed out after the Jets game, but still - last couple weeks have shown some habits re-surfacing.

I think he's played pretty well, but those penalties are tough and at LT without much help from the TE (and oftentimes dealing with a Will that may/may not blitz) things are going to be harder still.

He's gotta clean stuff up before I think we could even consider that transition.
He had 10 penalties in the first 4 games (including 5 in JAX when he was a marked man), but has had only 5 in the last 7 games. I would say he's gone a long way to cleaning up his penalties and hopefully continues to do so. We prefer no penalties, but I'll take a penalty 5 times in 7 games to get his win rate.
[Reply]
Palangi 07:33 PM 11-28-2023
https://x.com/brandonthornnfl/status...aEqGNVdM1WQycQ
[Reply]
staylor26 07:37 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
https://x.com/brandonthornnfl/status...aEqGNVdM1WQycQ

2 of the 5 snaps Wanya Morris played this past week resulted in knockdowns. First one showing off the power that was on display from his college tape. pic.twitter.com/BolWd62XqH

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) November 28, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I think you could get Smith level play from Wanya.

If so, it's gonna open them up to being able to pay Creed and maybe Smith although, I'm guessing they don't all get paid here.

But it definitely opens up money to go sign a weapon.
Probably not Smith would be my guess. I think they sign Creed and let Smith go pancake motherfuckers for some other team, sadly.

Probably the right move, though.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:01 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Absolutely destroyed...
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He got absolutely destroyed on his first play out there. After that I couldn't tell u

God damn you’re a fucking idiot
[Reply]
philfree 09:58 PM 11-28-2023
That'll be a major coup if Morris can become a quality starting LT for us next year and beyond.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 PM 11-28-2023
Week 18.

I bet he starts.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up