ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 34
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:25 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
I don’t want to be that guy, but I am going to be that guy. When he opted out during COVID I felt like he wasn’t really dedicated to football. I know I shouldn’t judge like this, but to not play your rookie year is ballsy. NFL had things in place to protect the players, I just felt some kind of way about his heart and dedication to football.
How many times do we have to go over this? He was injured and wasn’t going to play for a long time. The covid rule actually gave us an out and extra year with him. He basically had a redshirt year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I would seriously temper expectations on this kid in year 1. He's going to need quite a bit of technique work. I don't think he's taking anyone's job this year unless he has to.
This.

I’m not penciling him into shit. People seem to forget that when we drafted Kinnard…all the talk was that he was going to take that RT job. Just because someone has the look or the athletic ability…doesn’t mean they’re an instant starter.
[Reply]
In58men 10:35 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
How many times do we have to go over this? He was injured and wasn’t going to play for a long time. The covid rule actually gave us an out and extra year with him. He basically had a redshirt year.
I honestly had no clue he was injured. That’s news to me lol.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:35 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This.

I’m not penciling him into shit. People seem to forget that when we drafted Kinnard…all the talk was that he was going to take that RT job. Just because someone has the look or the athletic ability…doesn’t mean they’re an instant starter.
Oh man.

Morris is WAY different than Kinnard. Kinnard is a giant, lumbering type. Morris is much more athletic, and prototypical size with 35" arms.

He's not ready as of right this minute, but there are absolutely elite traits there to coach up, as opposed to Kinnard, who is just huge and mean.

Kinnard probably sticks as an OG. Morris definitely has a much higher ceiling at RT.

But I would assume that Niang is your RT for as long as he remains upright. Which could be a couple of games, who knows.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh man.

Morris is WAY different than Kinnard. Kinnard is a giant, lumbering type. Morris is much more athletic, and prototypical size with 35" arms.

He's not ready as of right this minute, but there are absolutely elite traits there to coach up, as opposed to Kinnard, who is just huge and mean.

Kinnard probably sticks as an OG. Morris definitely has a much higher ceiling at RT.

But I would assume that Niang is your RT for as long as he remains upright. Which could be a couple of games, who knows.
I wasn’t saying they were the same. I was saying that when we drafted Kinnard and saw his tape…people had already penciled him in at RT from day one. I’m just saying that people need to temper expectations.

Could he take that starting job? Sure. Could it take him until a Niang injury to do it? Also a possibility.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:13 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
I honestly had no clue he was injured. That’s news to me lol.
Tore his hip labrum at TCU.

Nasty injury.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 04-30-2023
I wasn’t saying they were the same. I was saying that when we drafted Kinnard and saw his tape…people had already penciled him in at RT from day one. I’m just saying that people need to temper expectations.

Could he take that starting job? Sure. Could it take him until a Niang injury to do it? Also a possibility.
I think it's Niang's until injury, and I'm fine with that, and still like the pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 04-30-2023
I think it's Niang's until injury, and I'm fine with that, and still like the pick.
100% agree with you.
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:03 PM 04-30-2023

[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:04 PM 04-30-2023
Not sure about that. I think the job is legit up for grabs but Morris does have an uphill battle to be a Day 1 starter.
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:07 PM 04-30-2023
More I watch the more this is turning into my favourite Pick
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:27 PM 04-30-2023
I'm loving the chemistry Trey and Wanya have from their days at TEN. Trey gave him some great advice. 'Don't have any expectations, just work extremely hard.'

I'm beginning to wonder if that great advice comes from not only the success he has had, but working with an entitled Orlando Brown Jr. That's great stuff.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...t/70167636007/
[Reply]
JPH83 02:36 PM 04-30-2023
100% agree with you.
Me 3. He's not starting Day 1, and that's fine. Give him the time he needs. He's a developmental guy with potential.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:37 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Okay this was awesome.

I have a ton of confidence in this guy now, especially once Andy Heck gets his hands on him.

If we’ve solved both of our OT problems, the league is fucked.
[Reply]
Danguardace 03:17 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Okay this was awesome.

I have a ton of confidence in this guy now, especially once Andy Heck gets his hands on him.

If we’ve solved both of our OT problems, the league is ****ed.
Did you see Keondre Coburn make a play in one of those cut ups?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 34
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up