Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Oppenheimer
Donger 12:06 PM 12-19-2022
I'm in. :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 08:38 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Seeing this next Sunday morning at a 70 mm IMAX theater.

Debating if I want to see Barbie after.
Don't do that to yourself, lol.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:11 AM 07-16-2023
Definitely looks like a must see...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 AM 07-19-2023
Seeing Friday at Olathe IMAX
[Reply]
tk13 11:24 AM 07-19-2023
Review embargo ended today and the early reviews are looking great. Lot of comments that this is Nolan's best film and the acting performances are elite.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:30 PM 07-19-2023
Was given some free tickets for tomorrow night. It's some movie night sponsored by 810 AM. They do trivia for Joe's gift cards and what not. It should be fun, but I'm bummed that it's not on one of the better screens in KC. Hard to argue with free though.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 04:11 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Don't do that to yourself, lol.

[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:00 PM 07-19-2023
Lots of sex in this movie. Something you don't see in movies anymore.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:01 PM 07-19-2023
Barbie is feminist garbage. Oppenheimer looks like a masterpiece.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:55 AM 07-20-2023
Seeing this movie at 10 AM on Saturday.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:00 AM 07-20-2023
Barbie? What man would do that?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:33 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Barbie? What man would do that?
Somebody who wants to get laid. I once watched Steel Magnolias for that reason. Can't imagine a movie about Barbie could be any worse. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:52 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Hey look guys, lone did a funny :-)
[Reply]
DCTwister 08:10 PM 07-20-2023
No spoilers.
I saw Oppenheimer tonight. Here’s my balanced view. Disclaimer - I am an immense Christopher Nolan fan. I think he’s the best filmmaker of our generation. Loved movies like Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, etc. I love his work. Inception is a top 5 movie of all time for me. Also loved Memento, Dark Knight, even Tenet.

- Acting from Cilian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. were absolutely incredible. RDJ is a ****ing master of his craft. Impressive. Matt Damon very good also.
- Cinematography and musical score were also excellent, very polished.
- This is not an action film (as you might have guessed). More on this in a moment.
- While the scenes have flashbacks out of sequential time order, this is not a tricky “over-thinker” type movie. It’s pretty straight forward. The “thinker” part of it as Oppenheimer begins to realize his moral dilemma.

I really enjoyed the film and for a “talky” type drama movie, 3 hours flew by pretty quickly. If you like Nolan and historical dramas, you will enjoy the film. Just know that it’s a historical drama, it is not an action film. There is no reason to see this in IMAX.

I liked it, but I’ll be a little bit of a contrarian and say I was a little bored. It’s not among my favorite Nolan films. The best way I could describe this film in the last 1/3 of it is think “A Few Good Men”. A courtroom drama culminated by a brilliant performance by a top-tier actor (in that case Jack Nicholson, in this case RDJ). But I didn’t come to see a Nolan movie about a court case. So I’d give it an 85 Rotten Tomatoes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by :
There is no reason to see this in IMAX.
are you sure? nolan thinks you should. i can only assume it's to fully appreciate the mind blowing explodey/chemical reaction bits.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:17 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
No spoilers.
I saw Oppenheimer tonight. Here’s my balanced view. Disclaimer - I am an immense Christopher Nolan fan. I think he’s the best filmmaker of our generation. Loved movies like Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, etc. I love his work. Inception is a top 5 movie of all time for me. Also loved Memento, Dark Knight, even Tenet.

- Acting from Cilian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. were absolutely incredible. RDJ is a ****ing master of his craft. Impressive. Matt Damon very good also.
- Cinematography and musical score were also excellent, very polished.
- This is not an action film (as you might have guessed). More on this in a moment.
- While the scenes have flashbacks out of sequential time order, this is not a tricky “over-thinker” type movie. It’s pretty straight forward. The “thinker” part of it as Oppenheimer begins to realize his moral dilemma.

I really enjoyed the film and for a “talky” type drama movie, 3 hours flew by pretty quickly. If you like Nolan and historical dramas, you will enjoy the film. Just know that it’s a historical drama, it is not an action film. There is no reason to see this in IMAX.

I liked it, but I’ll be a little bit of a contrarian and say I was a little bored. It’s not among my favorite Nolan films. The best way I could describe this film in the last 1/3 of it is think “A Few Good Men”. A courtroom drama culminated by a brilliant performance by a top-tier actor (in that case Jack Nicholson, in this case RDJ). But I didn’t come to see a Nolan movie about a court case. So I’d give it an 85 Rotten Tomatoes.
I think that’s a fair review.

I’m not going to do a thorough review, but I will say that I think it was an excellent film with the writing/directing/acting/cinematography all executed wonderfully. I thought the score was fantastic and really ratcheted up the tension. It’s a solid 9 for me.

Now with that said, I don’t think this is going to be a winner for everybody. I’ll be curious to see the reactions.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up