ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wylie sucks
Titty Meat 08:48 AM 10-18-2022
Brown does too but this is bench worthy

Per PFF, Patrick Mahomes was pressured 20 times yesterday. Only 2 of them were put on Mahomes’ shoulders, neither a sack.

Wylie was credited with 9 total pressures and 3 sacks allowed. Brown ended with 7 total pressures allowed. These guys are a legit problem right now.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:30 PM 01-30-2023
We love Veach but he seems incapable of drafting a proper RT. Niang and Kinnard are busts. Wakanda played well that one game but evidently they don't trust him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
Dude is fine. Get off his nuts.
[Reply]
Oxford 12:34 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's not a good player. I'm not saying he is.

But honestly, he's a better RT than Irving was a LT, and he's less expensive, too. Guy has put in a crapload of snaps and got paid peanuts. Regardless of how well he did in those moments, he's done a job for us at a very cheap cost.

No, he's not good enough. Yes, we should be looking for upgrades next year. But was he worth the contract? I mean... oddly enough, yes.
I agree, but what does it say about our backup OT's that no one can beat him out? Wylie is like a good employee, he is a guy that is not as talented as some. When its time to work he is there every day and you get 100% of what he has.

You cant be a successful business or team without these guys
[Reply]
RunKC 05:37 PM 02-01-2023
Okay so the guy played very well against the Bengals. I do not agree with that shit holding call in the red zone but whatever. And yeah he taunted but so did Mike Hilton and Eli Apple did too. Where’s their flag.

The guy gets a lot of hate here but he was rock solid in pas pro this game. I hope he keeps it up in the Super Bowl
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:52 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Okay so the guy played very well against the Bengals. I do not agree with that shit holding call in the red zone but whatever. And yeah he taunted but so did Mike Hilton and Eli Apple did too. Where’s their flag.

The guy gets a lot of hate here but he was rock solid in pas pro this game. I hope he keeps it up in the Super Bowl
Specifically about the flag, that can't happen. I don't care about other missed stuff, it doesn't excuse him. If the last 3 minutes of that game play out differently, we are stuck thinking about that penalty as a major turning point all off season.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:24 PM 02-01-2023
Wylie and Brown are both about to be tested to an extent I don't think either of them have ever faced before, as is our entire offensive line. The Eagles have 3 edge rushers who combined for a total of 38 sacks. That's absolutely absurd, then you have Hargrave and Cox inside who racked up a total of 18 sacks. I don't think I've ever seen such dominant numbers on one defensive line unit. That doesn't even include Suh who will be in there cheap shotting every chance he gets.

Going to be very interesting, especially if we have no healthy starting WRs. Andy and Pat are going to have to work some serious magic.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:41 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's not a good player. I'm not saying he is.

But honestly, he's a better RT than Irving was a LT, and he's less expensive, too. Guy has put in a crapload of snaps and got paid peanuts. Regardless of how well he did in those moments, he's done a job for us at a very cheap cost.

No, he's not good enough. Yes, we should be looking for upgrades next year. But was he worth the contract? I mean... oddly enough, yes.
Yep. You’re going to have to get cheap production somewhere if you have high dollar assets.

He’s worth the money. He sucks but he’s worth the money.

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
We love Veach but he seems incapable of drafting a proper RT. Niang and Kinnard are busts. Wakanda played well that one game but evidently they don't trust him.
I mean, sure. Kinnard was a 5th rounder. That’s a low probability thing. Niang was a good pick, yeah, maybe they should have caught it but he was good enough to take a shot on.

Nobody is going to bat 1.000
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Wylie and Brown are both about to be tested to an extent I don't think either of them have ever faced before, as is our entire offensive line. The Eagles have 3 edge rushers who combined for a total of 38 sacks. That's absolutely absurd, then you have Hargrave and Cox inside who racked up a total of 18 sacks. I don't think I've ever seen such dominant numbers on one defensive line unit. That doesn't even include Suh who will be in there cheap shotting every chance he gets.

Going to be very interesting, especially if we have no healthy starting WRs. Andy and Pat are going to have to work some serious magic.
Outside of Reddick and the occasional Suh sighting, how much different is their line this year vs last when the Chiefs won?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 PM 02-01-2023
Some people's hill to die on is that they hate zone blitzes (even if they don't understand the concept)
Some people's hill to die on is that Burrow is not elite.

Mine is that Wylie blows goats.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:21 PM 02-01-2023
Rarely mentioned, but they played from ahead more than anyone this season from what I heard on Dallas radio two weeks ago. And like our 2018 pass rush they benefited. I’m not saying it’s fools gold, or they aren’t good, but they did have advantageous game scripts most of the time. Imagine our 2018 rush but with dee ford actually playing like his draft status. I expect a pretty solid game plan based on screens and attacking behind their line backers where they’ve been exposed a few times. Luckily if healthy we have two tight ends and juju who have been good at exploiting the middle of the field. A but like the San Francisco game I expect Andy to throw a lot at the eagles line to keep them thinking instead of just attacking.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:30 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

It will be a big challenge in the trenches, no doubt. Silver lining is Philly gave up a lot of points to Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, & even the Redskins.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:38 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Oxford:
I really think they'll franchise him. What they'd like to do is to move him to RT and fix the LT spot. Of course OBjr doesn't want that and would pout. They have got to be looking at OT's in the draft. Not gonna get an LT drafting at 32
Are there any "real 1st rd can't miss LTs" in this draft?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:39 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Are there any "real 1st rd can't miss LTs" in this draft?
If there are then they certainly won't be available at pick 32.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:10 PM 02-01-2023
All Bart Veach does with shit offensive tackles is get to 100 percent of AFC Championship games and 2/3rd of every Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:19 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Outside of Reddick and the occasional Suh sighting, how much different is their line this year vs last when the Chiefs won?
A lot of the same old faces, but these guys had 68 sacks as a team. They are playing at a rare level, especially this day and age.

Then again, it could just be the NFC sucks balls.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up