ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
DRM08 03:43 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Patrick Mahomes averages 8.1 yards per pass attempt. He completes over 66% of his passes. Why we would be happy with 4.9 ypc is beyond me. Pass every single time unless short yardage or goalline. Tell them before the game we are doing it even, it really wouldn't matter much.
Run game helps keep the defense a little more honest and sets up the QB for easier throws. Brady has benefited from that for 20+ years. If it's a good enough strategy for the guy with 7 rings, it's a good enough strategy for Mahomes as well.
[Reply]
I_Bolt_WhenWeLose 03:44 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, I'm kind of shocked it's even a possibility. Guys rarely come back from significant injuries on a short week. There's a reason for that.
Its because its not really an injury. He had a tiny bone removed that was bothering him. The only "injury" is the wound they opened to remove that additional bone. A wound heal is a lot faster than a ligament/bone healing.
[Reply]
I_Bolt_WhenWeLose 03:45 PM 09-14-2022
Chargers run D isn't as pourous as it was last year. Sebastian Joseph Day and Austin Johnson have been plugging up the middle.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:47 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Run game helps keep the defense a little more honest and sets up the QB for easier throws. Brady has benefited from that for 20+ years. If it's a good enough strategy for the guy with 7 rings, it's a good enough strategy for Mahomes as well.
It does but not to the point that you should ever sacrifice a down to run the ball. The benefit is negligible. Even if the other team KNEW you HAD to pass it on 1st or 2nd and 10 you would STILL average more yards per play than running the ball. By alot. Teams KNOW you are passing on 3rd and 6+ and they still can't really stop you effectively.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:53 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by boltfanseattle:
Chargers run D isn't as pourous as it was last year. Sebastian Joseph Day and Austin Johnson have been plugging up the middle.
that cinches it up....no running game for the Chiefs
[Reply]
poolboy 03:55 PM 09-14-2022
Its because its not really an injury. He had a tiny bone removed that was bothering him. The only "injury" is the wound they opened to remove that additional bone. A wound heal is a lot faster than a ligament/bone healing.
Are you confident he can play?
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:59 PM 09-14-2022
They've played one game. It's a little premature to say they're better than last year.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:04 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It does but not to the point that you should ever sacrifice a down to run the ball. The benefit is negligible. Even if the other team KNEW you HAD to pass it on 1st or 2nd and 10 you would STILL average more yards per play than running the ball. By alot. Teams KNOW you are passing on 3rd and 6+ and they still can't really stop you effectively.
Chiefs averaged 4.7 ypc last week, thats chicken salad right there
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:06 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Chiefs averaged 4.7 ypc last week, thats chicken salad right there
Don’t try arguing with him. He’s like the PFF of CP.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:08 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don’t try arguing with him. He’s like the PFF of CP.
He's the smartest guy in the room! He'll definitely act as if you need to be reminded of that
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:09 PM 09-14-2022
13 carries for 64 yards.

That’s your sample size.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:13 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
13 carries for 64 yards.

That’s your sample size.
Plus Josh Jacobs pretty much sucks...I will take our rbs over LV anyday and twice on sunday
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:19 PM 09-14-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Plus Josh Jacobs pretty much sucks...I will take our rbs over LV anyday and twice on sunday
That average is brought down significantly by Brandon Bolden having 3 carries for 7 yards.

Jacobs averaged 5.7. He only had 1 run for negative yardage. Every other carry went for at least 3 yards.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:20 PM 09-14-2022
Which also takes me back to my hypothesis that the Raiders tried way too hard to feature their new toy in Adams. They should’ve relied on the run game more instead of abandoning the run so early.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 09-14-2022
Our OL is also MUCH better than the Raiders.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up