ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 51
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:11 AM 09-12-2022
When you have a new toy, it's hard to not want to play with it and ignore the old ones...

One of the reasons I'm glad the Chiefs have a group of receivers with one A+ and multiple B+ receivers instead of two A+ and multiple C receivers.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:01 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
On the 3rd and 3 in the first half?

I was borderline on whether that would be counted as a pressure. Mahomes had a bunch of space to step up on that one.
Did we even punt in the 1st half? It was either late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd.

Looked to me like Golden had a step on Brown, Mahomes error or not.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:01 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
C'mon, man. I hate when people do this. You are going to include the end of season game in '20 when the Chiefs rested starters? It should be 3-1 Chiefs in the last 4 meaningful games. Your point still stands in that the chargers have played us the toughest.
The only reason I chose the last four games was to limit it to Justin Herbert games. But going back for several years, the Chargers have always been tough against the Chiefs. Their record is close to even, while LVR has just one W, and DEN hadn’t beaten us in years.

And aside from CIN last season, no other team in the league has multiple Ws vs a Mahoney-led KC team (i think).

They’re just built to be a problem for the chiefs.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:26 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The only reason I chose the last four games was to limit it to Justin Herbert games. But going back for several years, the Chargers have always been tough against the Chiefs. Their record is close to even, while LVR has just one W, and DEN hadn’t beaten us in years.

And aside from CIN last season, no other team in the league has multiple Ws vs a Mahoney-led KC team (i think).

They’re just built to be a problem for the chiefs.
They've played KC tough since Herbert appeared, but he's still 1-2 vs Mahomes. And Reid is 13-3 vs the Chargers when it's starters vs starters. They've won two games when KC sat the starters.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:44 AM 09-12-2022
Check back; even during the Philip rivers years the Chargers were a tough out. Don’t just look at the result, check the boxscore at the very least. Hell twice LA led by Rivers came within a score of beating a Mahomes-led team were it not for timely INTs by the defense.

And one of those games last season it was their HC’s boneheaded decision to go for it on 4th-and-anything-from-anywhere that killed them more than anything Andy did.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:07 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Did we even punt in the 1st half? It was either late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd.

Looked to me like Golden had a step on Brown, Mahomes error or not.
Up 20-7, 3rd and 3 around the 40. Mahomes tried to hit a well-covered Edwards-Helaire on a wheel down the left sideline.

They had to punt after that.

Golden was threatening some pressure on the outside with the speed rush. Mahomes got rid of it before he got there, and yeah, it affected the decision.

Probably the one thing he'll look at one tape today and want to re-do.
[Reply]
richpjr 12:09 PM 09-12-2022
I wonder if JC Jackson plays on Thursday. He missed the Raider game and is easily the best corner on the Chargers.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:24 PM 09-12-2022
How much time was left when the starters went out?

Aside from the injuries, our guys should be feeling a little better than the Chargers, who had to play hard the entire game.

Also, didn't the Chargers sit their starters in the preseason?

If so, I'd imagine they will be dealing with more soreness and shit, and the short week would likely impact them more. Not to mention they have to travel.

If Allen doesn't play on top of all this, I really like our chances.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:29 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Part of it was the Raiders playing from behind.

Part of it was Carr zeroing in on Adams as if he was the only guy on the field.

Both teams mostly played like ass in the first half, too.
This is, IMO, a big problem with the "franchise WR" model. Dude is being paid like the best player on the field, so we have to feed him. Of course, you also have to feed him because you can't afford to build a competent receiver corp to support him.

One injury late, your offense is done.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This is, IMO, a big problem with the "franchise WR" model. Dude is being paid like the best player on the field, so we have to feed him. Of course, you also have to feed him because you can't afford to build a competent receiver corp to support him.

One injury late, your offense is done.
Yep, I mentioned it in another thread this morning - the Raiders offense got WORSE because they gave Carr tunnel vision.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:30 PM 09-12-2022
Neither Allen or McDuffie are playing IMO. Not with this quick turnaround. It’s also week 2.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:33 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Neither Allen or McDuffie are playing IMO. Not with this quick turnaround. It’s also week 2.
Agreed.

Also, and maybe i'm wrong here, but was Jaylen Watson seeing all the snaps when McDuffie went out rather than Joshua Williams?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Agreed.

Also, and maybe i'm wrong here, but was Jaylen Watson seeing all the snaps when McDuffie went out rather than Joshua Williams?
Yes he was, Spags hinted that he would be the next guy up in the preseason.

I don't think it's a knock on Williams, he's just taking more time to adjust to the significant jump he's made to the NFL level.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:40 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Agreed.

Snap counts here I think. Looks like Watson got about double Williams' total - https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...des-scantling/

Both looked pretty good to me minus the garbage time TD Watson gave up.
[Reply]
In58men 03:33 PM 09-12-2022
Harrison Butker and Trent McDuffie did not practice today.

Orlando Brown, Trey Smith, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Justin Watson were limited.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 51
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up